Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

whats the weather like in your area?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Heavy rain between the showers all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Cold and wet.
    The winter was warmer than this.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Fields holding water again :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Finally dry now - after about 12 hours of rain...

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Pacoa

Jaysus lads its a yellow rainfall warning. Brings a whole new meaning to the term "tis pissing". :)

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/yellow-rainfall-warning-issued-for-parts-of-the-country-met-eireann/

• Advertisement

gozunda wrote: »
    Fields holding water again :mad:
    They sure are. Brought twenty odd yearling bulls back home from OH's out farm this afternoon. The ground would be considered dry and free draining. They have done well since they were moved there in the first week of Jan. Have them now on two fields of about 14 acres with access to a dry bedded shed.
    When I checked them a few mins ago they were lying deep in straw and looking comfy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

We haven't had any rain worth talking about since Friday at 6pm. Tracking the met eireann radar and id say we're ten miles from where it hasn't stopped raining since yesterday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

We haven't had any rain worth talking about since Friday at 6pm. Tracking the met eireann radar and id say we're ten miles from where it hasn't stopped raining since yesterday morning.

10 miles from me then :/
    Raining here non stop since 3am Friday in south Wicklow and much more to come from the same source (the Celtic sea) to the same areas of the east and southeast :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

Lovely, sun has been shining since breakfast, hope it lasts. Forecast is strong winds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,861 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

raining since yesterday evening

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Just stopped raining after 2 days of non stop rain. Everywhere saturated again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Still raining here in the capital, I kind of like it... Suits my current mood I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

Lashing down here again in kk -fields are soaked and no grass!!fun times ahead....

Vile

3 days of heavy rain and now showers today like youd have on in India complete with thunder
    Land in East muckhole is in slop

THE SUN IS SHINING :eek:

The sun is shining and the wind is blowing in every direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭Dozer1

wind and hailstones all morning.
    bit of sun now too...anything else they'd like to throw in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭Redbishop

Dozer1 wrote: »
    wind and hailstones all morning.
    bit of sun now too...anything else they'd like to throw in...

Sunshine, wind with chill, rain, hailstones.
    Fn depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Yup, same here all day, sunshine with grey skies over at this very moment... windy too, south east winds Id say...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Couple of hail showers, sleety showers, rain showers with watery sunshine between the showers. All the cattle back in and the stove is lit.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement

Lovely sunny morning here but Jesus Mary and Joseph ,you do not want to see the forecast for Munster south Leinster and Connaught for the rest of the weekend,2 to 3 inches of rain looks imminent
    Very heavy rain with flooding,sleet and snow at times with snow sticking at times above 600ft or so inland :eek:
    Whelan2 looks just about far enough to avoid the worst of this but the rest of us including my area is fcuked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

I was looking at the met eireann forecast on the phone last night and it was mentioning rain turning to snow in the east and south and temps at night of minus 3. So I showed it to dad and his reply was "ah they're loosing the plot":).

Lashing here since 6 and it's on its way to the rest of ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭RightTurnClyde

Lovely sunny morning here but Jesus Mary and Joseph ,you do not want to see the forecast for Munster south Leinster and Connaught for the rest of the weekend,2 to 3 inches of rain looks imminent
    Very heavy rain with flooding,sleet and snow at times with snow sticking at times above 600ft or so inland :eek:
    Whelan2 looks just about far enough to avoid the worst of this but the rest of us including my area is fcuked.

An Jesus, come on! Give us a fcuking break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Lashing here since 6 and it's on its way to the rest of ye!

From where?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

The sky!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,933 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Bad for the next 10 days,until next Sunday week at least.:mad::mad::mad:
    Fook, we had better weather in the middle of winter.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/avnpanel1.html

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Muckit wrote: »
    The sky!!!!!!!

Yeah, I walked right into that one.

raining a bit here , nothing of biblical proportions....yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Drizzle on and off all morning here but its cold to be out in..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Normal service has resumed:( Everything in here except a heifer that does the splits on concrete, a lame bull and 2 stock bulls.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

blue5000 wrote: »
    Normal service has resumed:( Everything in here except a heifer that does the splits on concrete, a lame bull and 2 stock bulls.

This weather is all your fault, what were you thinking putting up that feckin ''green green grass'' photo a month ago, you jinxed the whole country:D

whelan2 wrote: »
    raining a bit here , nothing of biblical proportions....yet
    Aye,the picture is lightish rain today,showery tomorrow,some wintry butSunday into Monday is the hellish day with that 2 or 3 inches of rain and sleet with snow on hills which will get a covering
    The northern extent of it is unsure yet,the northeast might escape the worst but down south Leinster,Munster and Connaught is where the biblical rain sleet and snow will be
    It's all thanks to what's called an omega block up near Greenland kinking the jet stream south of Ireland and fast tracking very cold air west of Greenland down to us
    Meanwhile a low pressure and its fronts tries to push north towards us,meets the cold air and explodes into very heavy rain as the warm and cold colliding enhances rain
    We are on the borders of the two air masses so the northern edge of this is going to engage with enough cold to bring the high ground snow
    If this was January,a set up like this would bury us all in the white stuff but longer days and stronger sun at this time of the year will limit snow to height
    All in all a very unpleasant spell awaits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Justjens

Saw my first Swallows today, they paid a brief visit before doing a swift U-turn and headed back to North Africa :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭blackdog1

blue5000 wrote: »

Had a Cow like that and put a pair of shackles on her. Had them on for 3 months and now she's flying. She had a habit of throwing one leg way too far forward. Weather is terrible in cork not looking forward to putting cows into reseed at start of 2nd rotation Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Snowing like its Christmas, time for a career change!

Snowing like its Christmas, time for a career change!
    :eek:
    Maybe time for a relocation ;)

Very frosty

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭MF290

Ice on the Windows here...

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

Had planned spreading fertiliser today. Think I'll be waiting another while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Snowing heavily her aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,933 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Snowing heavy here in east Clare and I've one bale of silage left.
    Sleigh bells ringing........

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

I left cows out last night as it was after drying yesterday evening with sun out
    The place is covered in snow this morning when's magic day again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Its a cracking bright morning here for a change

Bullocks wrote: »
    Its a cracking bright morning here for a change

Same as bud but showers heading towards west Galway and we'll get rain in them later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Same as bud but showers heading towards west Galway and we'll get rain in them later.

Its never far away alright !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Good frost overnight but that has cleared now.
    Heavy cloud down on the ground all round and not a breeze.

Sunshine & showers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Snowing heavy here in east Clare and I've one bale of silage left.
    Sleigh bells ringing........

I have two left :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭blackdog1

Sunshine and about 12 degrees in north cork. Frost this morning.Yesterday was brutal

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement