Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

whats the weather like in your area?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,861 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

was a really nice day today

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Snow on the windscreen this morning, day was dry, got a few loads of slurry out, then hail shower at 6pm ish.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Snow shower along the mountain here at 6pm. Parts of it still white.
    The ground here is awful wet still. Was spreading fert and only for the 4wd i'd be stuck. Then the cows mucked up half a paddock with four cows bulling.
    Have enough silage in front of them for tonight and tomorrow as expect them to be in tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

whelan2 wrote: »
    The same in Longford but a nip in the wind. Just back in NCD and its dry but cold, 3 degrees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

whelan2 wrote: »
    And nice tomorrow up your area,you'll be glad to know?
    'Twas a lovely day here aswell,but I see the N11 closed tonight due to a 5 car accident in snow near Bray :/
    That weather system I spoke about yesterday is tracking a bit further south but will affect south Leinster,Munster and south Connaught ,my area getting some maybe but possibly very little or none as we're on the northern most end of it in Wicklow,
    It looks like cork and Kerry could have 3 inches of rain in less than 24hrs from it,starting late tonight,that's monsoonal down there,it's not exactly wanted is it :eek:
    The snow risk is now confined to the mountain tops,really above 2000 feet briefly but that's no consolation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,631 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Cold , and will turn freezing when i put match of the day on 😵

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Frost and very cold this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I said wrote: »
    Frost and very cold this morning

Same round here, frost and cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Milked out

And nice tomorrow up your area,you'll be glad to know?
    'Twas a lovely day here aswell,but I see the N11 closed tonight due to a 5 car accident in snow near Bray :/
    That weather system I spoke about yesterday is tracking a bit further south but will affect south Leinster,Munster and south Connaught ,my area getting some maybe but possibly very little or none as we're on the northern most end of it in Wicklow,
    It looks like cork and Kerry could have 3 inches of rain in less than 24hrs from it,starting late tonight,that's monsoonal down there,it's not exactly wanted is it :eek:
    The snow risk is now confined to the mountain tops,really above 2000 feet briefly but that's no consolation

I can confirm it's monsoonal and not wanted...

• Advertisement

Milked out wrote: »
    I can confirm it's monsoonal and not wanted...
    Due to continue untill monday night on and off with a new band spreading in from the east
    Rains reached here now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

Snowing heavy here all morning

djmc wrote: »

Are you high up? And roughly where exactly?

Due to continue untill monday night on and off with a new band spreading in from the east
    Rains reached here now

I'd say we're far enough south to miss Monday nights rain, but don't worry this will do us :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭RightTurnClyde

Driving wind and rain and tis feckin freezing.
    Not a peep out of the cows this morning when field gate was closed and shed door open. Straight in. They're nearly afraid to look out. In now for the next 24 hrs and we'll see then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,861 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

dry and windy so far

• Advertisement

Thought it was bad here, glad I'm not in outer Mongolia so

Have Summers holiday destination as the second page on my Weather pro. Had a quick look at it. Shouldn't have, Sickened
    image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭C4d78

Have Summers holiday destination as the second page on my Weather pro. Had a quick look at it. Shouldn't have, Sickened
    image.png

What I'd give for a week of that here right now.!! We'll be waiting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Beautiful day here in north cork :rolleyes:
    Wind, snow, driving rain.

F me, there's pictures of South Mall flooded in cork, and lodging snow in country areas of the county

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Dawggone

image.png

That doesn't give the real feel...it's a bit blustery and feels more like 12degrees.

There's a long term weather forecasting service here (notoriously inaccurate) and they are saying that May will be very dry with cool northerly winds for NW Europe, followed by very warm June. Damn, ye have more than earned it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

Thought it was bad here, glad I'm not in outer Mongolia so

Just in its by far the worst day this year so far
    Driving wind and sideways snow that would nearly go through you in blizzard conditions
    All stock in and fed
    Location on a hillside in Kerry around 700 feet above sea level.
    It's still outside outer Mongolia it might as well be inside it for all the grass I'll have if things don't clear up soon.
    Today is the date it's supposed to be magic day when grass supply surpassed demand .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 607 ✭✭✭jack o shea

Pissing rain since 7 with an easterly howling wind.you would call it a bad day in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Snowing heavy here in east Clare and I've one bale of silage left.
    Sleigh bells ringing........
    Sorry kid you're on your own. You've missed Santy and the Easter bunny! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

In Cavan at the minute - dry but very cold...
    Talking to home there earlier and a desperately wet cold night there...

Just in its by far the worst day this year so far
    Driving wind and sideways snow that would nearly go through you in blizzard conditions
    All stock in and fed
    Location on a hillside in Kerry around 700 feet above sea level.
    It's still outside outer Mongolia it might as well be inside it for all the grass I'll have if things don't clear up soon.
    Today is the date it's supposed to be magic day when grass supply surpassed demand .

Had to go down to Kerry yesterday (to a very sad funeral), was shocked to see snow on the grass margins coming into Rathmore. I was after leaving a lovely morning in STipp. In fairness it's real mans land down in Kerry

Dawggone wrote: »
    That doesn't give the real feel...it's a bit blustery and feels more like 12degrees.

There's a long term weather forecasting service here (notoriously inaccurate) and they are saying that May will be very dry with cool northerly winds for NW Europe, followed by very warm June. Damn, ye have more than earned it.

At this stage take any temps in double digits and rainfall in singles.
    That May that you're predicting with cool northerly winds doesn't look too exciting for growth.

It should be all rain in west cork and kerryby now?
    Dry here in Wicklow,it rained for an hour but next batch moves in from the east this evening or overnight and pours down all day tomorrow
    Good news is the SW may avoid that one but whelan2 along with myself and most of leinster and conaught is in the firing line
    There are no cows out up here and its the first time ever I've had them in day and night in April

(Edit quoted Dawg by mistake)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

making a small drop of rain here in north kerry.... just a small drop....... just a small small small drop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Great drying day here, cows back out for first time in over a week. Weather not to bad in terms of rain for next week either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭fastrac

Mid Cork HEAVY rain since early morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

The makings of a big flood here in north Kerry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Absolutely beautiful day up here in North Donegal. Clear blue skies and sunshine.

If I had typed in the thread yesterday I would have been telling you about cold with a covering of snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

First day cows out in about a week. Maybe we in Donegal are in for southern weather this year 😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

making a small drop of rain here in north kerry.... just a small drop....... just a small small small drop

Is there enough to keep the dust down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭arctic8dave

Just a miserable day here in mid cork raining non stop since 6 this morning & hoor of wind driving it on!! Pity I'm not on OAD cos I don't want to go outside for the rest of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭High bike

Ducking horrendous wet and a bitter easterly wind in the mid west,Angela's Ashes springs to mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Just a miserable day here in mid cork raining non stop since 6 this morning & hoor of wind driving it on!! Pity I'm not on OAD cos I don't want to go outside for the rest of the day

Lad I hear ya. Nice fire going here beside me and it's like winter outside. It'll be tough to get the work clothes on again.

Suns shining now up in Wicklow
    Very windy
    Tables turn again tomorrow as I said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

Dry then rain then sunshine then windy then dry and colder!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

High bike wrote: »
    Ducking horrendous wet and a bitter easterly wind in the mid west,Angela's Ashes springs to mind

Get out the tarpaulins lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭Redbishop

Miraculous weather here in north Longford.
    Young lad home for the weekend just washed and hung out his own clothes.
    Cold but some sun and nice fresh breeze with no rain yet here today.

Half the farm roadway under water and stream/ river about to burst it's banks here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

I said wrote: »
    Get out the tarpaulins lol

Sure Ireland would be a great place if it had a roof over it:)

Half the farm roadway under water and stream/ river about to burst it's banks here

Thats what we had up here last weekend,I feel your pain

Not a bad day in Wicklow after,milky sun since about noon
    Keen east wind
    This pic is looking Sw towards the northern extent of that rain area which is in over wexford all day

• Advertisement

Hard to believe I took that photo an hour ago
    Torrents of rain here now undoing all of todays drying :mad:
    Twas expected though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Cavan, blue skies all day and no rain. Sun out but cold. 7 degrees. Great drying however. Probably P down tomorrow...........

Round two just after kicking off after a brief lull of about an hour of light rain. Right driving rain. Tractor got a nice wash when dumbass here didn't close the back windows yday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Looking at some of the weather sites there. Weather looks like picking up from Friday on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,355 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Round two just after kicking off after a brief lull of about an hour of light rain. Right driving rain. Tractor got a nice wash when dumbass here didn't close the back windows yday

Been keeping a close eye on the rainfall radar on met eireann and by jaysus it certainly looks like ye have taken some beating from wind and rain today down in the cork /Kerry area .

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement