Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

whats the weather like in your area?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭White Clover

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Been keeping a close eye on the rainfall radar on met eireann and by jaysus it certainly looks like ye have taken some beating from wind and rain today down in the cork /Kerry area .

Like an auld lad near here used to say "don't tell me but ask me" !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Any sign of Daisy lately? Miss her sayings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Looking at some of the weather sites there. Weather looks like picking up from Friday on?

Which one's are you looking at?
    Here in wexford Meteoblue is giving rain tomorrow and then not too bad till Friday and then rain next week as well.

Heavy rain here this morning and then stopped for a few hours and now lashing again.

Edit: There giving rain here Wednesday and Thursday here as well on the runs now on netweather but rain next weekend as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Been keeping a close eye on the rainfall radar on met eireann and by jaysus it certainly looks like ye have taken some beating from wind and rain today down in the cork /Kerry area .

Jesus it was some b#t#h of a day, the biggest problem is it was from the east, .alot of sheds around here are open to the east and this rain went right through them and ill be surprised if there isnt alot sick calves after it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    Which one's are you looking at?
    Here in wexford Meteoblue is giving rain tomorrow and then not too bad till Friday and then rain next week as well.

Heavy rain here this morning and then stopped for a few hours and now lashing again.

Edit: There giving rain here Wednesday and Thursday here as well on the runs now on netweather but rain next weekend as well.

Met.ie and yr.no and I see a guy over teagasc fb page has an image up showing the weather improving. As well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 607 ✭✭✭jack o shea

Met eireann forecast is brutal, yr is showing sign of improvement after mid week don't know how reliable they are tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,861 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

cows in today, enough said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

We have absolutely no shelter from this east rain. Brutal morning in North Galway.

Met.ie and yr.no and I see a guy over teagasc fb page has an image up showing the weather improving. As well
    thay guy on fb said there was a blocking high on the way for the last week, I am still waiting........wheatenbriar on here is normally on the ball. Dont know how they are saying what May will be like when April is only started

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Milked out

Foggy calm morning. Rain stopped here at about 2am I think, showers after that. If it could stay dry today and tonight may try them out for a few hours 2moro. Agree with the lads the east wind is a fcuker

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Weather models are only good on detail up to 4 days ahead max
    Thankfully as the days get longer,each dry day does more work at undoing the rain damage,so we've that to help?
    This week is indeed looking like it will deliver dryer days to do that job but with the caveat that showers will be about so if you get them,it's a step backwards again
    Growth looks like it's going to be terrible slow for a while due to a harsh northeasterly and the general trend towards north themed weather sources being dominant
    That doesn't mean the wind won't be from the south at times but it can be cold from there too if it's source is actually north as its circulating so it's southerly in your place but it's actually circulating round a high pressure or low pressure somewhere with the air source originally way up north

Now I may go back to work,made eggs benedict this morning,kitchen is full of smoke :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

whelan2 wrote: »
    cows in today, enough said
    Ye are getting a taste of what we had in cork yesterday, slowly brightening up down here so I'll let the cows out for a few hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

Raining and the poor sheep in the fields all look so miserable! Cows are all inside though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,933 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

A bad 7 days ahead, but looks better after that;
    http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/avnpanel1.html

Fingers crossed.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

It is beautiful spring weather here, sunshine, breeze etc.

I wish :o

Wtf was your one on farming weather on about yesterday with her growth is well ahead of normal? It's never been worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,933 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Wtf was your one on farming weather on about yesterday with her growth is well ahead of normal? It's never been worse.

A different type of grass maybe. :rolleyes:

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

A different type of grass maybe. :rolleyes:

Water grass?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭Dickie10

i jave the grand total of 2 cows and 2 calves out , they were born in mid february and have a dry 20 acres to roam across. everrything else hasnt seen grass at all yet. the sheep have a lot of the grass pared down now and no resonse fom fertilizer yet, thank god we have plenty of silage, there wont be any cattle out here til at least saturday or early next week. the store cattleare being held up from getting out so it will be hard to finsh off grass id say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭kowtow

keep going wrote:
    Jesus it was some b#t#h of a day, the biggest problem is it was from the east, .alot of sheds around here are open to the east and this rain went right through them and ill be surprised if there isnt alot sick calves after it.

Wasn't it just.

Stinging cold and wet rain, yard flooded, kinsale flooded, cows in a dismal mood.

And this morning it's glorious.

kowtow wrote: »
    Wasn't it just.

Stinging cold and wet rain, yard flooded, kinsale flooded, cows in a dismal mood.

And this morning it's glorious.

Not here ,lashing since 10am :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Down in cork for a visit and it's a beautiful day

very poor drainage there :D
    raining since before 6am here non stop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

sea12 wrote: »
    Down in cork for a visit and it's a beautiful day

We got enough rain down yesterday to do us till may, need some heat and sunshine now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Constant cold miserable rain here all day in Cavan, have avoided being out at all but that's just stockpiling work for another day..

Ground is as wet as any time over the winter..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭oxjkqg

Some fog, sun coming through in patches, going to open up to be a savage day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

oxjkqg wrote: »
    Some fog, sun coming through in patches, going to open up to be a savage day.

Don't hold your breath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Drab dreary morning, drizzle and sky is on the ground, 6c at the moment.

_Brian wrote: »
    Drab dreary morning, drizzle and sky is on the ground, 6c at the moment.
    Foggy here, must be warm enough as body warmer was taken off around 7am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Same as with fog no drying in this weather

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭Redbishop

Heavy mizzle here with very low visibility as mixed with fog, warm though.
    Was out earlier with a neighbour with a cow calving outside, bout an hour, came home soaked and had to change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭Insp. Harry Callahan

Yesterday here was bitterly cold but dry, managed to get a few hours ploughing done last night for the 1st time in 2weeks, wet and miserable today.no cattle out here yet, gonna be at least 10 days, sheep are looking very miserable out in the fields, feeding meal to them, grass ain't too plentiful

we had the worst night of rain all winter last night in south-west Meath. never seen floods in some of the fields as bad all winter. Wont be any cattle going out for another week at this rate. and me trying to get 25 heifers finshed off grass under 30 omths

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭Dozer1

cracking day here today, frost last night but lovely out now a few days of this would be a tonic

Aye ditto here this morning
    Very sunny since but ground is sodden

Great day here so far thank God, another 30 of them would take the pressure off.

might have turned a corner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Two cracking days back to back in the southwest. Badly wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭Redbishop

After virtually 24 wet hours here it cleared up to a beautiful afternoon and jeep thermo hit 14 at one stage.
    My old fella says he likes the stand of the moon which is visible here now and predicts a drier spell because of it.

Redbishop wrote: »
    After virtually 24 wet hours here it cleared up to a beautiful afternoon and jeep thermo hit 14 at one stage.
    My old fella says he likes the stand of the moon which is visible here now and predicts a drier spell because of it.
    I hope he's right

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

This next week will be hectic fert,slurry and last of cattle out in no particular order and best of all I've a rake of porter to drink at a wedding on Saturday

Drove to Kilkenny today and temp hit 15 c.
    Cow's out today and myself and father were wondering should we leave cows out tonight. I said it would depend on what condition the ground is in. So I said if in I'd phone him from paddock so he could sort heifers out on way into holding pen for their own house.
    Long story short phoned him up ground dry. Let them in together cos there going out to grass together for the first night this year. Yippee.

The weather here is nice and dry and grass is moving today. Finally.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭MF290

I came across this the other day, it's amazing how the rainfall varies across the country

2kM166k.gif

MF290 wrote: »
    I came across this the other day, it's amazing how the rainfall varies across the country

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="2kM166k"><a href="//imgur.com/2kM166k">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

You may try again MF290. Cant see the pic.:(
    Edit: see it now.:)

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    You may try again MF290. Cant see the pic.:(

should be there now after my 5th attempt, whoever said young folk are good with technology :o

2kM166k.gif
    Map the mountains ontop of that and you'll see that they line up fairly well with the high rain areas

i see south county dublin and maynooth/north kildare area getting low amounts of rainfall, i have always thought there seemed to be a micro climate in that area, i work in maynooth and bad weather is a rarity. i know lads farming in that general area and south east meath and on ground with streaks of gravel there biggest hindrence in summer is drought

Dickie10 wrote: »
    i see south county dublin and maynooth/north kildare area getting low amounts of rainfall, i have always thought there seemed to be a micro climate in that area, i work in maynooth and bad weather is a rarity. i know lads farming in that general area and south east meath and on ground with streaks of gravel there biggest hindrence in summer is drought

It hardly seems to rain in Dublin at all compared to home

It hardly seems to rain in Dublin at all compared to home

I wish :(

• Advertisement

ganmo wrote: »
    I wish :(

ah if it is drizzling in Dublin, it's pelting at home

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement