Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

whats the weather like in your area?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭sandydan

keep going wrote: »
    Every drop of it welcome down here, kids and myself cooped up allday is the only downside

was trying to get to Letterkenny last Tuesday, couldn't travel through Carrig on Shannon and had to take a diversion, fields flooded, roads almost impassible and to add more fun to it there was speed detector van parked on roadside with cars trying to crawl though water over one foot high , there was water going in through doors in Boyle , yet 100 hundred metres at other side of town roads were dry and a contractor was cutting silage further on,
    imo that downpour was of no benefit to any field that was covered with a foot of water.
    started baling today at 11 and rain poured for 15 mins, had to postpone till afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭Redbishop

Silage in, ground in good shape too, a couple of skiffs yesterday and none today here, happy enough now.
    Some slurry left, but not enough to cover meadows again, will put it out tomoro and some fertiliser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Sunny day down here with a light breeze. Nothing but mowers and balers going around here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

lovely day, at silage bales

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Dawggone

Was to go racing in Auteuil but decided against it as it was 34* earlier on. Just heard on the radio it was called off due to high temps.
    After a long cold spring/early summer 34* feels like 54*!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Dawggone wrote: »
    Was to go racing in Auteuil but decided against it as it was 34* earlier on. Just heard on the radio it was called off due to high temps.
    After a long cold spring/early summer 34* feels like 54*!
    All that hot weather in France has sent torrential downpours and flooding to the south and southeast of England.
    Hope Waffletractor and Mf 290 not too badly affected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Whole wet morning here. Heavy ground here is now getting very wet.

Mild weather is keeping grass growing on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭Base price

_Brian wrote: »
    Whole wet morning here. Heavy ground here is now getting very wet.

Mild weather is keeping grass growing on.
    Some of the fields are in need of topping but the ground is too wet to travel :(

Very humid weather down this side. great grass growth but cant get the sheep shorn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Base price wrote: »
    Some of the fields are in need of topping but the ground is too wet to travel :(

Tis a bit overcast here now, real heavy feeling day... Was in the car an hour ago it said twas 24.5 deg... And it felt it too... Kids in the paddling pool outside the door...

No rain worth talking about here in a while... We had a wet day maybe 10 days or so...

Edit : 15 days ago I think. Have had a few bits of showers since, but nothing major...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Tis a bit overcast here now, real heavy feeling day... Was in the car an hour ago it said twas 24.5 deg... And it felt it too... Kids in the paddling pool outside the door...

No rain worth talking about here in a while... We had a wet day maybe 10 days or so...

Edit : 15 days ago I think. Have had a few bits of showers since, but nothing major...
    17 degrees today and it was 12.5 degrees yesterday.
    On a positive note the wet warm weather has helped the Wild Bird Cover seed to strike well - all be it what is left of the oat seed after the crows had their fill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭White Clover

Jeez john, we're in the same county but clearly have a different climate! Horrible wet day here again. Ground getting soft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Jeez john, we're in the same county but clearly have a different climate! Horrible wet day here again. Ground getting soft.

I'm not too far from John and we had a half inch of rain last Sunday. But the ground remains rock hard. Im not asking for rain but if it comes along, it'll be welcomed.

Picture tells it's own story. Rainfall radar. ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I sank enough at the lower end of a field that water came into my welly :( Three heifers in heat today so at least the cooler weather is doing some good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭dh1985

Kovu wrote: »
    I sank enough at the lower end of a field that water came into my welly :( Three heifers in heat today so at least the cooler weather is doing some good!

What's the connection between temperature and heats? Never new of a link. Thought mixed.weather, showers and the like had a negative effect on conception rates too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

dh1985 wrote: »
    What's the connection between temperature and heats? Never new of a link. Thought mixed.weather, showers and the like had a negative effect on conception rates too

There's a correlation of sorts in that cows won't usually jump in hot weather. I posted something similar about it a couple of weeks ago so I'm going to be lazy and just quote myself :o:P
    Kovu wrote: »
    There's a few articles on it, I took the graph below from the first one I seen. Few hot days that's then broken by rain and cooler weather always brings an explosion of cows into heat around us. Most of the articles are based in the US but if you take the average heat our cattle are used to it works out about the same.

This is actually one of the better ones http://arch-anim-breed.fbn-dummerstorf.de/pdf/2009/at09p459.pdf

7JoLtOvl.png

Base price wrote: »

Same here.
    4wd tractor is in shed to split and new clutch so makes things worse :(

Same here.
    4wd tractor is in shed to split and new clutch so makes things worse :(

Got the silage made on Tuesday and Wednesday , put out some slurry on Thursday morning, we had some severe downpours on Friday and heavy rain through Saturday night and early yesterday, ground is now wet here, wouldn't have managed to work as well, if at all this week.

Raining on and off here since about 5.30. Hopefully we'll get a good drop...

Pic of ground I reseeded last month taken last night. Ground is hard and cracking from lack of rain...

Delete - pic won't attach for some reason...

• Advertisement

Horrible wet morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

whelan2 wrote: »
    Horrible wet morning

Dublin is fairly bad

Reggie. wrote: »
    Dublin is fairly bad

Very wet here all morning, clearing up now, it should clear all fairly early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Grueller

Lovely morning here. Hope it holds off, I have cows feet to do and no indoor crush.

26 degrees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

26 degrees

Oh yeah rub it in why don't ya :rolleyes:

Pouring rain and windy here in Cavan all morning.. Thank god to be stuck inside all day doing paperwork for my "real job".

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

26 degrees

Well for you, not missing a heat wave here yet anyway.:pac:

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Cavan. 11 degrees, very heavy showers going about and at midday we had hailstones amid a downpour of rain.
    Grass growth slowed right down.

• Advertisement

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Cavan. 11 degrees, very heavy showers going about and at midday we had hailstones amid a downpour of rain.
    Grass growth slowed right down.

We had quite the thunderstorm pass over there and rain like dowel rods. Nice start to July :(

Showery today.
    Pic of a rainbow taken a few minutes ago in wexford.

2016_07_01_19.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

We had quite the thunderstorm pass over there and rain like dowel rods. Nice start to July :(

Tell me about it I got stuck out in it on the quad. It was like razors hitting my face!

Absolutely bucketing down here atm. Had to run for cover. In between showers its a smashing day. May go down and get the waterproofs for weaning the lambs

27 degrees by the pool reading the farmers journal. Cloudy though

I'm sorry but I burst out laughing.

You can take whelan 2 out of the farm.
    But you can't take the farm out of whelan2.
    :D:D

• Advertisement

Your just waving that around to see will any foreign farmers come over for a chat. We want photos....(pics or GTFO):D

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭MF290

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    All that hot weather in France has sent torrential downpours and flooding to the south and southeast of England.
    Hope Waffletractor and Mf 290 not too badly affected.

We got some downpours altogether but it has picked up again. The father was saying the quad was starting to leave tracks at home during the week with all the rain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭White Clover

Here in North cork the last 4 days have been cat. Squally and very heavy showers every half hour with daytime temperatures down to 10 degrees. Our heavy ground is getting soft. Forecast for the start of the week is promised dry so lots of paddocks to be cut and baled. Growth has eased off too but most likely cause of little chance to spread fertiliser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Forecast wasn't the worst. Have 6 acres (our big field) knocked that needs to avoid rain And rain forecast for morning now. 6mm of it. Hoping it'll stay away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

A dirty wintery morning here . Hope this weather is short lived

• Advertisement

Cloudy here, was a few drops at 8.30. Like Kollegeknight, have couple of paddocks knocked, looking at the rainfall radar most of the rain is passing off to the North of us.
    http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

Bullocks wrote: »
    A dirty wintery morning here . Hope this weather is short lived
    blue5000 wrote: »
    Cloudy here, was a few drops at 8.30. Like Kollegeknight, have couple of paddocks knocked, looking at the rainfall radar most of the rain is passing off to the North of us.
    http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

Had a small bit of rain early in the morning sometime, place was wet when I got up, but not too much rain, dry since. Windy day, savage drying...

Yesterday was a savage day, great heat in the sun.

I think we're getting a totally different summer down this end of the country, compared to the weather up the country?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

Yet another heavy downpour just finished. It's a joke at this stage, far too much rain , ground is in sh*te.

Little milder today but it's been raining all day since 10am with only odd 10-15 minute breaks. Looked at extended forecast and their is rain of some sorts forecast every day.

Sounds bad. Hope theres no too much damage being done at home. 29 degrees here tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

Sounds bad. Hope theres no too much damage being done at home. 29 degrees here tomorrow

Weathers perfect here,lovely green fields can't bet a Irish "summer"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

What a miserable day it was today here in Donegal.

Non-stop drizzle all day, grey skies, chill in the air.

Don't you just love Ireland in July.

NIMAN wrote: »
    What a miserable day it was today here in Donegal.

Non-stop drizzle all day, grey skies, chill in the air.

Don't you just love Ireland in July.

There really is a big difference in the weather in this country.
    Not hay weather here but the ground is dry still.
    We don't seem to be getting the rain ye guys are getting.

First dry day in 15 here today, odd drops but no rain, overcast but the sun made a brief appearance in the afternoon. 11c, off to now the lawn while its dry but need a coat it's so cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Got the lawn done today should have baled it

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement