Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

whats the weather like in your area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

16.5c here now. Dry with spells of sunshine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

_Brian wrote: »
    First dry day in 15 here today, odd drops but no rain, overcast but the sun made a brief appearance in the afternoon. 11c, off to now the lawn while its dry but need a coat it's so cold.

Raining now, I was mowing lawn and neighbour knocking silage, both of us rushing to beat rain , not sure who had bigger crop !! Ride on was leaving muddy stripes in back lawn it's so wet :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭Redbishop

Yeah, same here. I done 2 rounds and Mrs B said stop as it was leaving tracks, she said she would do it as she was lighter and wouldn't mark it, grand I said, went in to make tea and after she done 2 rounds she came in and said f it its still doing it, took my tea and sent me back out to finish it.
    Nice day here though, no rain at all but had my fleece on all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

What's the weather like today at home. 29 degrees and melting here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭Base price

whelan2 wrote: »
    Dry morning but heavy downpours this afternoon (Longford). Windy and overcast 15.5 degrees.

Very hot and humid here this evening. Sweaty weather.

Raining now, I was mowing lawn and neighbour knocking silage, both of us rushing to beat rain , not sure who had bigger crop !! Ride on was leaving muddy stripes in back lawn it's so wet :(

1o_Ox3_Gz_1.jpg

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    Very hot and humid here this evening. Sweaty weather.
    At least theres no mosquitos, legs are sunburnt and got bitten by mosquitoes yesterday, wellies are annoying the whole thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Dawggone

whelan2 wrote: »

Co. Louth headed south? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Pigtail stakes getting hard to drive in again... Which means afew showers seriously wouldn't go astray lol. Hopefully tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭White Clover

Timmaay wrote: »
    Pigtail stakes getting hard to drive in again... Which means afew showers seriously wouldn't go astray lol. Hopefully tomorrow!

No problems like that around here! Saying that, 96 bales of surplus paddocks banked this week. All tedded, some twice, and got nice and dry. I estimate around 30%DM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

We got it. Thousands of euro worth of grass fell this morning. Nice and misty now give it time to soak in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

We got it. Thousands of euro worth of grass fell this morning. Nice and misty now give it time to soak in.

It's been torrential here since 3am. Still at it. Needs to stop now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Your prayers have been answered!! Where's Wheaten lately Wicklow got a lot of rain last night according to radar.

Was an unreal shower of rain here during milking :eek: glad I didnt have to go out in it

• Advertisement

Your prayers have been answered!! Where's Wheaten lately Wicklow got a lot of rain last night according to radar.

Nope...

We're in roundwood in the caravan, yea some serious rain overnight. But today has been bright warm and sunny, 23c a good bit of the time. Turning back towards rain now again though.

We're in roundwood in the caravan, yea some serious rain overnight. But today has been bright warm and sunny, 23c a good bit of the time. Turning back towards rain now again though.

FFS come down and camp in my field once ya bring the rain with ya! We got a lovely beach about 30m from the corner of the field...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Would this rain ever fcuk off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

I said wrote: »

You can sing that one!

• Advertisement

A few heavy showers of rain but fairly warm in between them

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I said wrote: »

It's not raining enough to wash the silage pit, and it's raining just enough to stop me phoning the lad mowing:confused:

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

lovely day, 24 degrees now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Smashing day in Longford but it's got overcast now and looks like it might rain :(

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

Base price wrote: »
    Smashing day in Longford but it's got overcast now and looks like it might rain :(

Other way round here in the mid West. Heavy day with hazy mist for many parts of the day. Now at nearly half eight the sun is shining ! OH not able for it. Good thing we have a week in Lanzorate in a fortnight's time.

Sunny,foggy and 17c

Warm and overcast here, hopefully it will clear to sunny.

Looked at MT's forecast there now and honestly it's not tha great for the week, potential of serious showers every day but looking warm all week. Next week will be cooler with "average rainfall".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Warm and overcast here, hopefully it will clear to sunny.

Looked at MT's forecast there now and honestly it's not tha great for the week, potential of serious showers every day but looking warm all week. Next week will be cooler with "average rainfall".

I'll start on the ark so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Foggy all morning. Just starting to open up now and its 22°C... long may it last !!!! Should get the neighbours hay baled and going dosing calves now

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Freakin hot, baling silage today.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Absolutely glorious here now. Needed after 4 days of sea fog had enveloped us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

It's overcast here but around 20 Degrees,land only starting to soak out but there's no definite good weather long term for the week so going getting mowed this eve for baling tomorrow am hopefully.

It's overcast here but around 20 Degrees,land only starting to soak out but there's no definite good weather long term for the week so going getting mowed this eve for baling tomorrow am hopefully.

I'd say that's a good call. Sunny and 22 here in Cavan at moment, some amount stuff on the ground and being baled today/tomorrow. Great to see the countryside so busy at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Coolfresian

Great day in the south east, having the sun out makes such a difference, should drive grass on now.

Driving home from football there now, the sun is really blinding couldnt see a thing, very dangerous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Nearly died with the heat in the cab of the tractor today

Reggie. wrote: »
    Afraid to get dust in the cab?;)

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    Afraid to get dust in the cab?;)

Was blinded with the dust from the tedder today

Was blinded with the dust from the tedder today

Water started coming out of the attic yesterday morning.
    Ballcock on water tank was leaking.
    Put up new one today. With the heat, hairs from insulation and crawling around on my hands and knees in the dark. I know where hell is.:pac:

• Advertisement

The lads on the weather forum are getting very excited/nervous about some thundery weather hitting the south east tomorrow evening/night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Dawggone

Feckin heat. Was 39 yesterday and to be over 40 today. Major fire risk. Wheat down to 8.9% moisture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭visatorro

Dawggone wrote: »
    Feckin heat. Was 39 yesterday and to be over 40 today. Major fire risk. Wheat down to 8.9% moisture.

Lad was in France recently and couldn't believe the dust around the harvesters as they worked, said the biggest problem they must have is fire!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,933 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Warmest day of the year and I'm spreading slurry. West of Ireland land for ya.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

Herd test today tis cruel heat on man and beast

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭MF290

Dawggone wrote: »

Will you sprinkle a bit of water over it to make up for that lost weight? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭MF290

Air conditioning went in the forager in 30 degree heat yesterday, I couldn't stop laughing at the veins popping out of the driver's head. I'm not even sure if I'm pulling a trailer half the time with all the dust.

MF290 wrote: »
    Air conditioning went in the forager in 30 degree heat yesterday, I couldn't stop laughing at the veins popping out of the driver's head. I'm not even sure if I'm pulling a trailer half the time with all the dust.

If I ever needed the new tractor it was yesterday

Anyone from Kerry to wexford and southern half of country.
    Looks like the rain is coming. A few bolts as well.
    Met eireann didn't give it. But it's coming this way.
    http://en.sat24.com/en

27 degrees here at the moment. Barbecue being prepared for later

25 here and slight breeze.
    Also BBQ later, perhaps with beer !! On a Tuesday !!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement