Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

whats the weather like in your area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

whelan2 wrote: »
    at young lads under 8 blitz last night, all set to go home after game 2 and then they announce another game, bitter wind and rain , felt like october not August
    Lovely day , barbecue later

:)

Meanwhile in cork... ;)

We had a barbecue last night, lovely sunny warm evening... but this morning is a wet, misty, grey day since around 9, sky on the ground... Not cold tho...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

I have just come across this thread

After a very pleasant morning it has now become very dark, wind is rising and smells like rain is coming:(

This in in south Tipperary at the foot of Slievenamon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭davidk1394

dieselbug wrote: »
    I have just come across this thread

After a very pleasant morning it has now become very dark, wind is rising and smells like rain is coming:(

This in in south Tipperary at the foot of Slievenamon.

I'm in the same boat as yourself but down in Kilsheelan. Whoever gave this heat wave should get the boot. Trying frantically to save hay here. Once the wind keeps up and the rain stays away we'll be fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Heavy drizzle here. Just got fert out in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Woeful great drying between the drizzle here. I was out looking at turf that was rare a week ago and it's mad fit for home now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Heavy misty rain puts a stop to me drawing straw. A chance for the tractor to cool down I suppose.
    I think/hope the weather is good again this week.

Its like an evening in November just milder

davidk1394 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as yourself but down in Kilsheelan. Whoever gave this heat wave should get the boot. Trying frantically to save hay here. Once the wind keeps up and the rain stays away we'll be fine

Did you get the hay David?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Light shower this morning in Cavan. Dry and hot all day (almost got burned) now some kind of thundery downpour. Rain hopping off the yard.

• Advertisement

Did you get the hay David?

Job done. 52 bales in 50 mins. The baler wasn't spared as there was drops starting to fall on the windscreen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Job done. 52 bales in 50 mins. The baler wasn't spared as there was drops starting to fall on the windscreen

Did it cool down yet :D

Reggie. wrote: »
    Did it cool down yet :D

Which ?? Myself, the baler or the backend of the tractor haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Lovely morning, rained during the night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Super morning, have had rain everyday the last few days here with similar starts tho. Was down in wexford Fri and Sat unreal weather there

Mooooo wrote: »
    Super morning, have had rain everyday the last few days here with similar starts tho. Was down in wexford Fri and Sat unreal weather there

Yea good weather the last week or so with a few hit and miss showers.Ground is very dry here, not drought but dry. Combines had to stop at 2 yesterday with misty rain though. Good morning again here today expect them to start up again.
    Would be finishing up drawing straw here today only farmer who I buy it off doesn't like Sunday work so finish tomorrow in time for forage rape to be planted tomorrow in those fields.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Cloudy and overcast with strong breeze here in Laois. Didn't see this heatwave they promised for weekend. Trying to get contractor to come to wrap a few acres for haylage now

Lovely morning here in Tipp south.

I left here this morning and drove to Blanchardstown and back home. Dull and cloudy from about Carlow onwards though no rain.

Was in Kilsheelan about 12 o clock, was that you David, turning hay near the church?

Pelting rain in Galway for last two hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Its like an evening in November just milder
    Today certainly was. Heavy rain, strong winds and the ground is very wet again. Only in from spending most of the day fencing. Had to wear rain gear :(

This was view in Galway earlier

• Advertisement

dieselbug wrote: »
    Lovely morning here in Tipp south.

I left here this morning and drove to Blanchardstown and back home. Dull and cloudy from about Carlow onwards though no rain.

Was in Kilsheelan about 12 o clock, was that you David, turning hay near the church?

That wasn't me anyway. Just finished baling pea straw in merc. Good drying day with sun and a good brerze but got a shower here and that put a stop to the combines cutting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Sligo, chilly day, a few heavy showers, a few glimpses of blue sky

Overall the usual shhiite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Justjens

Savage drying today in Limerick after a little rain overnight, hopefully more of the same tomorrow so I can wrap the 10 acres I knocked this avo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭sandydan

dry here except at 11 am shower, sun shining and good drying,
    was helping son spread sand on floor after 8.30 pm, before radon barrier being fitted by radon contractors until after 10, still bright enough, good evening for working when dry .

Wet here till midday. Turned into a great evening in the end

Smashing morning down in south tipp. Light breeze and sun yesterday and this morning.

Misty this morning but cleared up now 15 c.

For anyone measuring grass and energy in grass.
    You might want to compare the amount of no sunspot days in the year.

Spotless days.
    2016 so far all from the 6th june onwards - 20 days
    2015 total - 0 days.
    2014 total - 1 day.
    2013 total - 0 days.
    2012 total - 0 days.
    2011 total - 2 days.
    2010 total - 51 days.
    2009 total - 260 days.

http://spaceweather.com/

drizzling most of the morning, lots of silage mowed here yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Same here in Cavan. Luckily, yesterday baled the bit I had mown on monday. So for once I hit it right.

I think alot of guys will get caught with silage down as today wasn't supposed to be as bad as it turned out to be

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

Reggie. wrote: »
    I think alot of guys will get caught with silage down as today wasn't supposed to be as bad as it turned out to be

Its a nice day down south, sunny and breezy perfect for silage, looks ok for rest of week too

farmerjj wrote: »
    Its a nice day down south, sunny and breezy perfect for silage, looks ok for rest of week too

Dublin was wet all day. Hope the midlands is not getting the same

farmerjj wrote: »

Eh cloudy tomorrow with showers in places and watch out for that cold front on Friday.
    Check it out - http://www.bbc.com/weather/2635167

Play the video and keep an eye on your area.

Rained most of the day here after.

Mild, breezy and constant drizzle with the Sun trying to peep out now and then. I getting sick and tired of feckin rain. Digger got stuck in a soft spot yesterday when we were fencing. Never had a problem with the digger in the fields during Summer :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Yea constant light drizzle here in Cavan, our heavy ground is Much worse this "summer" than last year.

_Brian wrote: »
    Yea constant light drizzle here in Cavan, our heavy ground is Much worse this "summer" than last year.
    I noticed a few rushes growing in areas where they never grew before. I suppose it is due to the combination of a wet Winter and Summer.

_Brian wrote: »

Same here but it's clearing up now by the looks of things

Lovely day in Cork city anyways, blue skies, sunny, warm... lovely... (he says, looking out the window from his office cubicle...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Base price wrote: »
    Mild, breezy and constant drizzle with the Sun trying to peep out now and then. I getting sick and tired of feckin rain. Digger got stuck in a soft spot yesterday when we were fencing. Never had a problem with the digger in the fields during Summer :(

It's a dog****e day in westmeath as well

• Advertisement

Savage day in Cork, altho for fencing not ideal, no give in the ground at all so all posts are cro bar jobs. Different years, last July was right wet down here has been grand so far, if the back end comes good would help massively. I feel for ye withave 2 much rain up the country, have fields here that a days rain would soften fairly fast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

I said wrote: »
    It's a dog****e day in westmeath as well

Raining?
    We started feeding silage today as ground getting too dry.
    Bollix of a day here hoor of a drying wind. Give me sun or rain but not a cool N wind

Savage day in Cork, altho for fencing not ideal, no give in the ground at all so all posts are cro bar jobs. Different years, last July was right wet down here has been grand so far, if the back end comes good would help massively. I feel for ye withave 2 much rain up the country, have fields here that a days rain would soften fairly fast
    Drizzle here all day yesterday, overcast all day today. Land is not wet and grass growing really well, will take out some more for bales next week

Drizzle here all day yesterday, overcast all day today. Land is not wet and grass growing really well, will take out some more for bales next week
    Could do with a bit down here in places, went to look at a field to mow for bales and my beauties of heifers were after climbing the ditch into it, were there overnight as well I'd say. Planned to bale and put some of the bales out on the field set with redstart. Heavier ground growing get well but slurry still on leaves of silage ground only had one days rain since spread a week ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Raining?
    We started feeding silage today as ground getting too dry.
    Bollix of a day here hoor of a drying wind. Give me sun or rain but not a cool N wind

Drizzling and overcast and wind is from the west/southwesterly cool temp 16c.

I said wrote: »
    Drizzling and overcast and wind is from the west/southwesterly cool temp 16c.

No rain here since 2pm

• Advertisement

lovely morning, blue sky

Another very pleasant here in south Tipp, cloudy, but dry with a light breeze.

Good drying day down here in tipp. All go. I'm off hauling corn. The niece is raking and the father baling. Didn't hear from them since 1 but they should have the 60 acres of hay baled by now

Was in NCD early this morning and the Sun was shining.
    Headed back to Longford after 3ish via Oldcastle and was met by drizzle. Hasn't stopped since :mad:

Drizzle only starting down here, dunno will we get much over night could do with a drop

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement