Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

whats the weather like in your area?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Wonder how much he wanted for the Lion? !

iRGnIz9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Wonder how much he wanted for the Lion? !

Something cat, no doubt :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Something cat, no doubt :pac:

Get out.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Great day here in Cavan, warm with some sun, but more importantly a good drying breeze. Badly needed.

Cold wet and breezy today. Feckin freezing actually, got caught in a job site meeting under a tree in a tshirt and light hoodie.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

Desperate heavy showers here all day in north galway as if we needed any more of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Drizzly wet auld sh1te here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Drizzly wet auld sh1te here.
    same here now, wish it would just bucket down and get it over with

Few heavy showers here. Every time I check that met eireann rainfall radar there is rain on the way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Weather for putting on the cover on the fertiliser spreader and spreading urea.

Raining.

Rain stopped for now

whelan2 wrote: »
    Rain stopped for now

Ya must be flooded out up there now.

Rain stopped for now

Back pouring rain again.

Walked some low fields today and it was a torture, soo wet and rush growth that resembles a horror movie episode.

_Brian wrote: »
    Back pouring rain again.

Walked some low fields today and it was a torture, soo wet and rush growth that resembles a horror movie episode.

Gonna improve I think for the next few days

Back pouring rain again.

Driving home from a football game there now , thunder , lightening, monsoon rain, youngest lad started crying- my driving isnt that bad

• Advertisement

Driving home from a football game there now , thunder , lightening, monsoon rain, youngest lad started crying- my driving isnt that bad

Bet he thinks differently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

I was driving there myself in similar conditions. The young lads on board, they were telling me when a car was coming in the distance, which wasn't too far with the poor visibility. I said at one point, I'll pass out this jeep I'm behind. 'Da......... NO!!'
    The eldest lad said I might as well order three coffins if I do :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

I was driving there myself in similar conditions. The young lads on board, they were telling me when a car was coming in the distance, which wasn't too far with the poor visibility. I said at one point, I'll pass out this jeep I'm behind. 'Da......... NO!!'
    The eldest lad said I might as well order three coffins if I do :-)

25ml rain here yesterday, 15ml of that fell between 5 and 6 yesterday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

rangler1 wrote: »
    25ml rain here yesterday, 15ml of that fell between 5 and 6 yesterday evening

All needed. any more due?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

All needed. any more due?

Serious deluge of rain supposed to arrive towards end of week if what they say on yr.no is anything to go by....

You must be farming good ground if you. Looking for more rain

• Advertisement

Pee'd rain for three hours last night, all over Cavan and Monaghan. Localised floods on road sides.
    Doing the same tonight again.

Pee'd rain for three hours last night, all over Cavan and Monaghan. Localised floods on road sides.
    Doing the same tonight again.

You'll probably hate me.

But myself and the father were just talking about the weather here this year and Autumn.
    We both came to the conclusion that weatherwise here it's been the perfect year for growing grass.(One of the best if not the best).
    The ground stayed firm but still we had the rain at just the right times to keep grass motoring along and with the heat in the ground and more rain tonight and more heat and dry weather this week.

It's looking very good.

Two different climates in the one country.

Two different soil types more like!

Pain in the hole. Cannot even get a guaranteed dry day to spray a few tanks of D50.

Its been a great year here for growing grass but last couple of days have put spanner in the works. Serious rain falling here now. High stocking rate catching up on me. Will open bales if this rain continues

Two different soil types more like!

Pain in the hole. Cannot even get a guaranteed dry day to spray a few tanks of D50.

I'd have what's considered a wet farm down here (some drained bog).

We just didn't get the same amount of rain as other years.

Not really paying much attention to the forecast but this week looks fairly alright.
    I do find the BBC weather forecast the best of the lot as it shows cloud and rainfall(more detailed) in a video.

I think along with the variance in rainfall the variance in soil types has a big hearing too.
    Heavy clay soils here, overlaid with peaty soil in places and it just takes an age to drain, rain has been falling faster than the soil is soaking so we've been fighting a loosing battle here all year on some fields.

Light rain here all night long and still at it, mild enough though, visibility down to maybe 300meters with the clouds on the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Hurricane hit Croke park yesterday.

Kilkenny blown away:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

I think along with the variance in rainfall the variance in soil types has a big hearing too.
    Heavy clay soils here, overlaid with peaty soil in places and it just takes an age to drain, rain has been falling faster than the soil is soaking so we've been fighting a loosing battle here all year on some fields.

Light rain here all night long and still at it, mild enough though, visibility down to maybe 300meters with the clouds on the ground.

another 20ml here last night after 25 on saturday.

''great little country, you can grow anything and harvest nothing :mad:''

Enough rain now

Just so I know for tomorrow morning, do I measure the grass from the top of the water or where the ground has sunk to now?

Fields are in shíte.

lQVGE8kl.jpg?1

Wet night and wet start to the morning. Sun up now and it's very warm. Fields have recovered well in the few hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭ABlur

****ty thick drizzle on Inis Mor!

The summer report from Met Eireann for 2016.
    The majority of places reported on or above summer LTA rainfall. Some stations in parts of the West, South and Southeast with below LTA rainfall reported around three-quarters of their normal for the season. All three months of summer reported variable rainfall, with the wettest conditions (compared to monthly LTA) reported in the East in June with the driest in the Southeast in July. Percentage of summer LTA rainfall values ranged from 72% at Carlow (Oak Park) with the summer’s lowest rainfall total of 137.7 mm, its driest summer in nine years to 129% at Mullingar, Co Westmeath with 299.0 mm

The southeast had below average rainfall this year with Carlow measuring 137mm to Westmeath recording (above average) over double that at 299mm.
    It was also the driest summer down here since 2011.(with Carlow being the driest in 9 years)

http://www.met.ie/climate/MonthlyWeather/seas1.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Thick fog down to the ground like that all day.

very warm here all day, sweating milking, too close and warm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

Cold wet and breezy today. Feckin freezing actually, got caught in a job site meeting under a tree in a tshirt and light hoodie.

Nothing like a few lads being cold and uncomfortable to get a meeting over quick and everything agreed to. Great motivator it is :D

very warm here all day, sweating milking, too close and warm

Same as that. Was welding in a shed today and the sweat only bucketed out of me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Just home about an hour. Driving conditions and visibility was dodgy at times tonight in heavy downpours.
    Every feckin frog in the country decided to hop across the road in front of me tonight. I, like Kovu try to avoid them but it is difficult on back roads in the lorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Overcast but mild. Once ig clears it'll be a fine day

Going to put the cows in tomorrow, Friday looks to be an atrocious day so better off sticking them in and leaving all the doors open for a bit of air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Thunder & lightning here now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Farrell wrote: »

I hope it clears this dead stuffy weather we're having lately

Bullocks wrote: »
    I hope it clears this dead stuffy weather we're having lately

Ye its a disaster for young calves lost one yesterday with pneumonia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Farrell wrote: »
    Serious downpour here at the same time. Wind is picking up now so hopefully it will clear the air.

Heavy rain just started here now.
    Looks to be a narrow rain band on the radar.
    Absolutely lashing though.

Cracking Thunder and lightening here, rain just starting.

Love a good storm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Cracking Thunder and lightening here, rain just starting.

Love a good storm!

We had it here an hour ago. Very impressive it was too!

Can see the lightning flashing away in Cavan direction, no rain here though but we did have all the lights go off in the bingo hall for a few seconds. Of course I made owl sounds, who wouldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭visatorro

Power gone here. Finished third cut at four. Only loosely covered pit. Hope she doesn't blow away.

Can see the lightning flashing away in Cavan direction, no rain here though but we did have all the lights go off in the bingo hall for a few seconds. Of course I made owl sounds, who wouldn't.

As long as you didn't interfere with any balls during the blackout ......

As long as you didn't interfere with any balls during the blackout ......

It's all electronic now Nek!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement