Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

whats the weather like in your area?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Very windy here in south tipp.but the rain is staying away so far

Lashed rain here until 9am.... However all gone ans sun now out..... Looks like rest of day will be good.... Cows just gone out...... Thank god.... They were in last nite tho and wil be in again tonight....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Lashed rain here until 9am.... However all gone ans sun now out..... Looks like rest of day will be good.... Cows just gone out...... Thank god.... They were in last nite tho and wil be in again tonight....

Where's that? It's raining in cork all night stopped for an hour around 10am back to rain again.

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Where's that? It's raining in cork all night stopped for an hour around 10am back to rain again.

North kerry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Will you be milking before or after the final?:D

Sure you are welcome up to the bonfire anyway;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Dawggone

I'll do a weather trade with ye...send some rain!!
    Pure dustbowl here with seeds sitting in the ground ungerminated...cows indoors since mid July and locals saying that we mightn't see grass 'till Feb.

Other than that very nice weather now at 24 to 28 every, single, feckin, day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Very windy here in south tipp.but the rain is staying away so far

But it's been pee!ng all morning, left for Clonmel about 8.30 and had to make a run for the car. Lots of water on the roads, branches etc. rained a good lot overnight i'd say.

Brightened up from about 3pm on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Dawggone wrote: »
    I'll do a weather trade with ye...send some rain!!
    Pure dustbowl here with seeds sitting in the ground ungerminated...cows indoors since mid July and locals saying that we mightn't see grass 'till Feb.

Other than that very nice weather now at 24 to 28 every, single, feckin, day!
    Your welcome to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Trees hanging with fruit. Haws, rowan elderberry.... You know what the old folk around here used to say. Tough winter ahead.
    Personally I think it was a sign of no frost at flowering.

Funny , we were looking at mountain ash today that is absolutely laden with fruit and the father was saying the same thing about the old timers saying it was a sign of a bad winter .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Had a torrential rain shower for a solid 5 mins here that was as heavy a rain as I have ever seen....and that's on top of the terrible rain the whest has been getting for the last 4 months!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Had a torrential rain shower for a solid 5 mins here that was as heavy a rain as I have ever seen....and that's on top of the terrible rain the whest has been getting for the last 4 months!!!

We just got 20 minutes of a monsoon there aswell :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Beautiful sunny morning here but feck all heat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

There was frost when I was out earlier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Showery Cnut of a morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

Blue sky,s here, but probably be a monsoon by 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

Shower just arrived after a good morning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Here in Dublin the sun is splitting the stones, despite this it is breezy and a bit cold. Wear a woolly hat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Ferocious showers down here. Lovely sunshine in between, around in a t-shirt but the showers would knock you.

Foggy frosty morning here earlier bringing in the cows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Second bright sunny morning in a row, shame we had to wait for October for it to happen.

Ground here will never dry now but it was great to have a dry day to do stuff.

Batten down the hatches time here... Next 36 hrs going to be severe... If it is as severe as forecast... Cattle won't see grass til April again....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭MfMan

Online forecasters typically divergent. weather-forecast predicting heavy overnight rain, yr.no not so much. Do thing the latter is actually quite poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

We're in day three of dry days in a row. No rain here Saturday, Sunday or today and powerful drying in that breeze.
    Land is drying up nicely. I see a few lads ploughing and sowing away.

Awful rain and wind down south!

Dry mild day here with the odd bit of sun

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    A nice bit of rain today but the wind has died down this evening.

And the heaviest rain seems to be staying much further south of here and looking like the worst will be off the coast as well.

A nice bit of rain today but the wind has died down this evening.

And the heaviest rain seems to be staying much further south of here and looking like the worst will be off the coast as well.

I must a good bit further south than you. Tis still bucketing it down here. We're near the coast alright.
    The wind has eased thank god.
    Tis a night for the fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Who2

Grand dry day here but I've started to run very tight on grass. Overstocked from being locked up and ground is starting to show the effects. I'm contemplating putting some cattle in but it would end up being a very long winter.

Holy god the rain down here is relentless.
    Was out moving animals there and I don't think I've ever seen the place wetter.
    Now I know how the lad's in the north west feel.
    The radio reckons that it's just south kerry and Abit of West Clare that are getting it.

Ah twas the one year that building covers went right and now it looks like we won't be able to graze them.

The radio reckons that it's just south kerry and Abit of West Clare that are getting it.

Ah twas the one year that building covers went right and now it looks like we won't be able to graze them.
    Dry here, mowing later for bales. Have said it before for a small country there's a big difference in the weather in some areas

whelan2 wrote: »

Dry here, mowing later for bales. Have said it before for a small country there's a big difference in the weather in some areas

Jesus fair play. I hope it holds dry for ye.
    Even dry free draining fields are saturated down here. I hope the weather will give places a chance to dry out over the next few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Got it from about 3 yesterday to around 4 this morning, hasn't rain since a few showers and wind but thats it. lucky here it stayed west of us, those right on the west coast took a fair drop, it looks like it didnt come as far in as was threatened earlier in the week

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Welding Rod

Got a few dry days in a row. Bit of sun and wind. Thought to myself would be able to get cows back out for a few weeks. Last night fudged that right up.
    It's a fudging disaster the way the ground is and the amount of winter fodder already eaten.
    Is there any few quid to be made out of rearing snipes I wonder? Handy sized ones mind, as I'd have to put down roads for the average lads to land and take off!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Today marks quite a milestone, four dry consequtive days, hasn't happened since early May 😧

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

_Brian wrote: »
    Today marks quite a milestone, four dry consequtive days, hasn't happened since early May 😧

3 in a row here, spare a thought for the SW though.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/2016/1004/821455-rain-west-counties/

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

_Brian wrote: »

Same for us!!....long may it continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭sandydan

rained here for 10 min , bucketed, a few fellas had paddocks of grass cut to find place for slurry

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Welding Rod

Left my wellie behind me this morning in the dark in the muck around meal trough for weanlings.
    Last calf coming at speed to the trough had to do a handbrake turn to avoid a head on collision.
    In the process of waving my two arms and flash lamp at the hoore to stop him, I half fell over in the sh1t and got a right pasting.

I spilt half of the big bucket of expensive meal in the scrum. By the time I got sorted the battery died in my lamp.

I had to deal with the heifer calves in another field with no lamp, wet sock, sh1t in my wellie, covered in goo from head to toe without as much as a flash lamp.

It was milling rain all at the same time.

I pelted all the muck covers clothes on top of the washing machine. They probably have been discovered by now. -:)

Tomorrow is another day!

Wrapping here now. Overcast all morning

Left my wellie behind me this morning in the dark in the muck around meal trough for weanlings.
    Last calf coming at speed to the trough had to do a handbrake turn to avoid a head on collision.
    In the process of waving my two arms and flash lamp at the hoore to stop him, I half fell over in the sh1t and got a right pasting.

I spilt half of the big bucket of expensive meal in the scrum. By the time I got sorted the battery died in my lamp.

I had to deal with the heifer calves in another field with no lamp, wet sock, sh1t in my wellie, covered in goo from head to toe without as much as a flash lamp.

It was milling rain all at the same time.

I pelted all the muck covers clothes on top of the washing machine. They probably have been discovered by now. -:)

Tomorrow is another day!
    I'd say it's the glamour dragging you back again:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

It's this day week since we'd rain here. Some difference in ground conditions. Yesterday in particular with sun and breeze there was serious drying.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭MF290

It's this day week since we'd rain here. Some difference in ground conditions. Yesterday in particular with sun and breeze there was serious drying.

Unreal drying in the week, I was able to get in and out of the fields with the van and trailer full of branches, wouldn't have dreamt of it last week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

Savage weather here. Was in Central Europe from Sun to Wed pm absolutely biblical rain at times. Ploughs and beet harvesters only rolling Wed evening. Thousands of acres of combine maize still to be cut

Slurry pipe guy here yesterday and till lunch today, emptied last of lagoon slurry. Savage out put averaging 25000 gallons per hour, even counting rolling and unrolling pipe.

Slurry tanker for sale :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭ABlur

Super day in west Clare sun and drying. Cattle stretched out in the sun like July. I didn't have the heart to shove them in the crush for dosing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Working in Dublin city centre again all this week and saw the first few drops of rain today at lunchtime when leaving.

Mind you there was a cool blustery wind for a couple of the days.

Nice pleasant evening here now at the foot of Slievenamon.

Sunny day in south tipp. 18°C most of the day. Going doing the last bit of baling for the year I hope

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Lovely day again.
    My cranium is giving us a cold Nov Dec in his long term predictions.
    Seen today accuweather are giving severe downpours from the end of this month and the rest of winter will be wet and stormy.
    Any wonder heads are fcuking melted with weather predictions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

I said wrote: »
    Lovely day again.
    My cranium is giving us a cold Nov Dec in his long term predictions.
    Seen today accuweather are giving severe downpours from the end of this month and the rest of winter will be wet and stormy.
    Any wonder heads are fcuking melted with weather predictions.

That Cranium lad is a waste of space, I kept a fairly close eye on his forecasts all summer, he kept forecasting improved weather in a week or two, all summer which very rarely arrived.
    Met Éireann and the Met office in England can give decent forecasts for a week ahead if you're lucky, looking at forecasts any further ahead than is a waste of time imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

What's the next week and weekend to be like lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

GY A1 wrote: »
    What's the next week and weekend to be like lads.

Wet from thursday according to irish forecast, countryfile says not much rain on thurs/friday

Its raining

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement