Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

whats the weather like in your area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

Lovely day here Sth east-I was going around in a t-shirt-diggin holes so got slightly over heated. You wouldn't think it's nearly November!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

L1985 wrote: »
    Lovely day here Sth east-I was going around in a t-shirt-diggin holes so got slightly over heated. You wouldn't think it's nearly November!!

Global warming is great isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Global warming is great isn't it?

This dry spell is welcome and all that but it's too little too late after the washout of a "summer" we've had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

tanko wrote: »
    This dry spell is welcome and all that but it's too little too late after the washout of a "summer" we've had.

Agree. Great to get the last 3 weeks weather. But God how I could have done with it in July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Grass is responding well after the slurry spread last week. Hopefully with a bit more sunshine and temps staying middling the cattle will get a nip before moving to more cover beside the yard for Winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Cool and dry this am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Bit of rain earlier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Beautiful down here, blue skies and not a cloud in the sky.

Bit nippy out this morning though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Dry but days are cold since Fri, the overalls are back on again. Baby calves flying it outside tho. Must reteat another milk bar the young ones are eating me alive feeding one by one. Threw a couple of big bales at an angle to each other for extra shelter if they need it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

Fabulous morning in north KK
    Taking the kids cycling me thinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Beautiful down here, blue skies and not a cloud in the sky.

Bit nippy out this morning though.

Same as that

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Charlie Charolais

Chilly, 6*C, no wind,
    Forecast dry till Thursday, I’d say the rest of the cattle will be going on Saturday

Raining when bringing in cows earlier, no sign of any of the 5 wooly hats I bought over the last few days. I think I will have to carry out a raid on oh's lorry :mad:

Cnuting frosty this morning

I said wrote: »
    Cnuting frosty this morning
    Sign of a good day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Dull dry day down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

Very foggy with grass frost. Sun starting to breakthrough.

whelan2 wrote: »
    Sign of a good day

Did your finger stop bleeding

Reggie. wrote: »
    Did your finger stop bleeding
    yup. All good

yup. All good

And the hats?

• Advertisement

Reggie. wrote: »
    And the hats?

Found 2. Which is fine as I only have 1 head. Have hidden them away

Found 2. Which is fine as I only have 1 head. Have hidden them away

Raid on the truck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Just saw a mower pulling out of a field of silage. And its only a few days away from November. Think I've seen it all now ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Timmaay wrote: »
    Just saw a mower pulling out of a field of silage. And its only a few days away from November. Think I've seen it all now ha.

Costa del arklow. As they say in the weather forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Ground grazed tight and perfect conditions for slurry. I'm sure it'll be the same the end of Jan. ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭inthepit

Timmaay wrote: »

Baler wrapper passed here today.Done pit silage in 1984 on 2 Nov.

inthepit wrote: »
    Baler wrapper passed here today.Done pit silage in 1984 on 2 Nov.

Balers and wrappers still moving around here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Page 666 AND halloween, cant be good:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

dieselbug wrote: »

Watch out for them killer clowns.:pac:

dieselbug wrote: »

Hate Halloween.

• Advertisement

Hate Halloween.
    +1

It's the start of the shooting season and the first round of the Munster intermediate championship is on in Limerick this Sunday. The local club are playing and I have to stay home to stop those ***** running dogs through my ewes:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭High bike

+1

It's the start of the shooting season and the first round of the Munster intermediate championship is on in Limerick this Sunday. The local club are playing and I have to stay home to stop those ***** running dogs through my ewes:mad:
    had a bit of an encounter with 2 lads here last Sunday hunting hares with lurches so yo can guess what they were sir��Anyway they were told next time I'd have the gun with me and they'd be digging a hole for the dogs.Sorry for going off subject it's been the best October I can remember and a promise of another good week to come��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Hate Halloween.
    TBH I love it as it marks the beginning of the Irish New Year before Christendom.

High bike wrote: »
    had a bit of an encounter with 2 lads here last Sunday hunting hares with lurches so yo can guess what they were sir��Anyway they were told next time I'd have the gun with me and they'd be digging a hole for the dogs.Sorry for going off subject it's been the best October I can remember and a promise of another good week to come��

I had a great conversation with a lad yesterday that catches hares for coursing. Fascinating rules governing the whole thing and ensuring the safety of the hares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

I had a great conversation with a lad yesterday that catches hares for coursing. Fascinating rules governing the whole thing and ensuring the safety of the hares.

They used to catch hares in our place in our place for coursing before...

I thought they'd happily enough clean you outa hares and not care too much. That's what seemed to happen to us anyways...

I think there is apparently something about if the hare makes it, that they're returned back to where they came from? Didn't happen for us anyways (but I could be wrong saying this, not 100% on it)

I thought they'd happily enough clean you outa hares and not care too much. That's what seemed to happen to us anyways...

I think there is apparently something about if the hare makes it, that they're returned back to where they came from? Didn't happen for us anyways (but I could be wrong saying this, not 100% on it)
    They took 6 hares from here and they returned 6 tagged hares. A hare can only be coursed once a year so each coursing club uses a different colour tag so it won't be coursed again the same year.

There's a nice few bob in catching a hare so you will get a few lads lamping late at night in another clubs area to catch their hares.

They are some sight close up and the speed of them as they take off again is fantastic. There is little enough cover for them here anymore so I enjoy watching them while I can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

Lovely morning here, makes a nice change from the usual weather for the October bank holiday weekend ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Sunny day here. 16°C. Time to put on the dung spreader

Lads I have no problem with coursing clubs catching hares these lads were from a halting site

• Advertisement

Lads I have no problem with coursing clubs catching hares these lads were from a halting site

Ah boss will ya leave them alone sir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

They took 6 hares from here and they returned 6 tagged hares. A hare can only be coursed once a year so each coursing club uses a different colour tag so it won't be coursed again the same year.

There's a nice few bob in catching a hare so you will get a few lads lamping late at night in another clubs area to catch their hares.

They are some sight close up and the speed of them as they take off again is fantastic. There is little enough cover for them here anymore so I enjoy watching them while I can.

Seen em catch a good few hares over the years - never seen a tagged hare... which would suggest they weren't returning em, which is what I thought anyways...

And we have very few (if any) hares left now... which is a pity, as I used to like seeing em too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Seen em catch a good few hares over the years - never seen a tagged hare... which would suggest they weren't returning em, which is what I thought anyways...

And we have very few (if any) hares left now... which is a pity, as I used to like seeing em too...

I think coursing a hare is a shocking way to treat a unique part of our Irish faunal heritage.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

A most beautiful morning. Lawns cut since I got up. A morning for living.
    Good for man and beast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

CHOPS01 wrote: »
    Good for man and beast

The bees are absolutely cracked here this last two weeks of fine weather. They're mad for ivy this time of the year. A last hurrah before winter!

Costa del mid west again today,long may it continue hopefully shorten the winter.Pity it's going to be dark by 5.30

• Advertisement

Costa del mid west again today,long may it continue hopefully shorten the winter.Pity it's going to be dark by 5.30

Turn on the lights won't be as dark then

I said wrote: »
    Turn on the lights won't be as dark then

Sure that will cost money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

CHOPS01 wrote: »
    Good for man and beast

Weather is savage alright, flies still buzzing roumd coe ****es.... tis mad stuff Ted!!

Was there not a heavy dew on the lawn before 10? Great fun turning up a ride on and cleaning the decks, slightly easier with a push job!!

19 degrees here today

19 degrees here today

Where the **** were you

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement