Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

whats the weather like in your area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Little bit of snow on the mountains here, hailstones lying down on the ground, blowy and cold out this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Sharpshooter82

Had a bit of snow here ourselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Just started to Snow here in the last few minutes...
    I love it !!

Gonna be fun i reckon. May tie down the cattle in the shed

It's shocking out, driving rain, lots of wind, not awful cold but the rest is making up for it. We're paying now for the spell of fine settled weather earlier on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

It's here now. Blowing a bit since 12 but gone savage since 5 this evening. Rain coming in horizontal. Make you nostalgic for the grand soft evening we had on Tues.:eek:

It's here now. Blowing a bit since 12 but gone savage since 5 this evening. Rain coming in horizontal. Make you nostalgic for the grand soft evening we had on Tues.:eek:

There was a lull here for a short while earlier, but it's back blowing again, no rain just showers at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Fairly wet and windy here. Need a new water proof jacket.... Zip gone on the old one and its also no longer water proof! Forecast not looking good up to Christmas Eve.

• Advertisement

i think this is nothing compared to what is coming Monday :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Marooned75

Windy here but dry

i think this is nothing compared to what is coming Monday :(

Mondays forecast was downgraded a little earlier on. They could have upped it again since for all I know though.

Mondays forecast was downgraded a little earlier on. They could have upped it again since for all I know though.
    unless it comes down a good bit it will still be nasty but any improvement is welcomed

unless it comes down a good bit it will still be nasty but any improvement is welcomed

I want the wind direction to change, so it can blow my IBC tank back to where it was at the start of the week.

I want the wind direction to change, so it can blow my IBC tank back to where it was at the start of the week.
    look at the bright side at least the water flowing down your drains will make them at least 6 inches deeper

• Advertisement

Thunder now.

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way with the stuff I'm digging through, too many fibrous roots to wash anything away but what I loosened already.

Lashing out now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭grange mac

Serious lightening show along with torrential rain in skibbereen and of course the thunder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭nhg

Most ferocious thunder & lightening storm here at the min (co Kilkenny), it's hovering around for the past hour & giving its best at the min

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭delaval

nhg wrote: »
    Most ferocious thunder & lightening storm here at the min (co Kilkenny), it's hovering around for the past hour & giving its best at the min

Unreal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

delaval wrote: »
    Unreal

Extremely bad here in tramore co.waterford the last half hour. Wind and rain unnatural and amazing thunder and lightning, was like the apocalypse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭delaval

Extremely bad here in tramore co.waterford the last half hour. Wind and rain unnatural and amazing thunder and lightning, was like the apocalypse!

Calm dry overhead and mild here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Yeah got the thunder up here in Arklow too.
    Powers out since 7am.
    Took some of the lads a half hour or so on nearby farms to get the Genny's going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

whitebriar wrote: »
    Yeah got the thunder up here in Arklow too.
    Powers out since 7am.
    Took some of the lads a half hour or so on nearby farms to get the Genny's going.

Jesus, 1/2 of wicklow must have been out, all of wicklow/rathnew and Brittas Bay gone also. I was in Dublin lastnight, drove back to wicklow this morning, some serious flooding in parts, got home at 8 for the power to come back afew mins later, so no messing with the gennys thankfully!

No rain here this morning. A lot of standing water in fields tho. Think we might miss the worst of it today

We had to hold off starting for 30 minutes this morning unreal wind and rain plus plenty of thunder and lightening. Rain blowing back off the ground here at the mo' with hailstones thrown in.

Spoke too soon getting lashed out of it now

Not so many showers here, not too bad of a day so far in comparison to what's gone and what's reportedly coming, windy yet. Mart was fairly deserted this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

Not so many showers here, not too bad of a day so far in comparison to what's gone and what's reportedly coming, windy yet. Mart was fairly deserted this morning.
    Thats the day to buy connemara. take it that its maam cross your at.

Miname wrote: »
    Thats the day to buy connemara. take it that its maam cross your at.

Yeah, there was nothing there I'd let inside my gate. The Stasi tell me 40 sheep is my max anyhow.

• Advertisement

Don't know if this has been posted in this thread or not:

http://earth.nullschool.net/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭biddy2013

theres a bitter wind out there now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭candor

A few rough days here, sheds are still holding thankfully, lot of heavy winds.

candor wrote: »
    A few rough days here, sheds are still holding thankfully, lot of heavy winds.
    That was my major fear. a shed to be peeled open like an orange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭candor

That was my major fear. a shed to be peeled open like an orange

I know, they are built well to be fair but at the same time you never know. I must re sheet one of the sheds soon.

Sleet snow and rain this am lovely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Its rotten this morning , still dark and lashing rain and hailstones on and off

bitter cold, have all my jobs done, back inside now til 3.30pm

Raining here this morning

• Advertisement

Hailstones, showers, wind, and that's without me having stirred out yet.

Looking at the weather forum just now they're talking about another damaging storm possibility on the 26th/27th.

Seems to be a bit of uncertainty yet over what's going to happen tomorrow evening/Tuesday morning.

That wind this morning would blow the horns off a bull and was bitter cold to match

Skinning cold here this morning, though I'm a bit of a southern pansy, most of ye would probably just call it fresh. I had 10 or a dozen slates blown off during the week and one of the neighbours who used to do a good bit of roofing came around to sort it for me. Two hours up in the man box on the loader freezing his ass off and I had a job to persuade him to take a few quid for doing the job. He'd be described in some places as a blow in, it's a pity the wind isn't a bit more active blowing lads like him in. A real grafter and well stuck into local organisations.

Skinning cold here this morning, though I'm a bit of a southern pansy, most of ye would probably just call it fresh. I had 10 or a dozen slates blown off during the week and one of the neighbours who used to do a good bit of roofing came around to sort it for me. Two hours up in the man box on the loader freezing his ass off and I had a job to persuade him to take a few quid for doing the job. He'd be described in some places as a blow in, it's a pity the wind isn't a bit more active blowing lads like him in. A real grafter and well stuck into local organisations.

That was my fear, losing slates off the roof

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Fair fecks to him , I find the blowins around here are sound for the most part . A local would have know the size of your SFP and looked for a days pay out of you !!!

• Advertisement

Baltic here now

5 degrees on the car just before dark, colder now I'd say, lots of hail, not as windy as the last few days but it's still blowing.

Went out to car there windscreen is frozen :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 823 ✭✭✭ABlur

Not a bad day here dry and fine since 12. Cold now nodding off by the stove.

biddy2013 wrote: »
    Went out to car there windscreen is frozen :(

Same as that plus black ice out there as I got a fright a few minutes ago so WATCH THE ROADS PEOPLE

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement