Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Verifying Broadband Usage on BT Voyager 2110 Modem

• 17-12-2010 1:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭

I have ADSL broadband from Eircom with a 30GB monthly allowance.

I usually use a fairly constant 500MB/day or so about 15-20GB/month. However, on 5th December the Eircom BB usage tool shows me as using about 20GB in one day, about 40 times my usual usage. As a result I'll be hit with extra charges this month:(.

My router has been running for 39 days and is showing about 4GB transmitted bytes (which sounds about right) but only 2GB received bytes which is way too low:confused:.

Does anyone know if I can work out from the modem whether I really used the extra 20GB or whether Eircom have made an error. I phoned and they said that as far as they're concerned I used it and will have to pay for it:mad:.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

I have ADSL broadband from Eircom with a 30GB monthly allowance.

I usually use a fairly constant 500MB/day or so about 15-20GB/month. However, on 5th December the Eircom BB usage tool shows me as using about 20GB in one day, about 40 times my usual usage. As a result I'll be hit with extra charges this month:(.

My router has been running for 39 days and is showing about 4GB transmitted bytes (which sounds about right) but only 2GB received bytes which is way too low:confused:.

Does anyone know if I can work out from the modem whether I really used the extra 20GB or whether Eircom have made an error. I phoned and they said that as far as they're concerned I used it and will have to pay for it:mad:.

Perhaps someone else was using it too. Or else it was a mistake.

Advertisement