Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How would this question go down?

• 17-12-2010 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭

When I'm back home this Christmas and I go down the pub and I see a few people sitting there, should I cheerfully ask "So, are you renting or did you buy yet?"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

like yer ma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Don't be so nosey.. Or personal for that matter.. "Hows your sisters box" is more appropriate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I don't even understand why it's a touchy subject. Is it some euphemism for acquiring bumsex?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Sykk wrote: »
    Don't be so nosey.. Or personal for that matter.. "Hows your sisters box" is more appropriate.

she bought one of those shoe box sized apts at the height of the market did she?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

bonerm wrote: »
    I don't even understand why it's a touchy subject. Is it some euphemism for acquiring bumsex?

"...........Yeah so I bought a semi D. Three bedroom.It's going grand but the.........."
    <chuckles>
    "What?"
    "You've just admitted it!"
    "Admitted what."
    "YOU know! Don't act like yeh don't."
    <raised eyebrows> "No. What?"
    <standing up> "THIS MAN JUST ADMITTED TO TAKING IT UP THE POOPER!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Why would that question bother you? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

When I'm back home this Christmas and I go down the pub and I see a few people sitting there, should I cheerfully ask "So, are you renting or did you buy yet?"

Are you one of those people that used to have two mobiles, a huge bunch of keys attached to your belt, a cup of coffee in your hand constantly, had at least two houses & used to go on holidays about five times a year?

easyeason3 wrote: »
    Are you one of those people that used to have two mobiles, a huge bunch of keys attached to your belt, a cup of coffee in your hand constantly, had at least two houses & used to go on holidays about five times a year?

Aren't you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Kiera wrote: »

because people would know you were stupid enough to pay 5 times what a house should actually be worth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

would you announce that question to the pub or just a chosen few.
    its also a weird question to ask someone. who cares.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Kiera wrote: »

posting for a reaction. Same as saying it down the pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

because people would know you were stupid enough to pay 5 times what a house should actually be worth.

But they would know that from asking that question 2 years ago....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

easyeason3 wrote: »

Well it seems that this was the all important question to ask perfect strangers not so long ago and when I told them that I neither rent nor bought that I lived abroad they still told me I was a sucker. I guess I was, and no 5 holidays a year for me. Couple of weekend city-breaks, that's about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

First thing I'll be saying when I go down the pub at home this Christmas is, "Gis a winner ye wankbags!" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭cml387

Well it seems that this was the all important question to ask perfect strangers not so long ago and when I told them that I neither rent nor bought that I lived abroad they still told me I was a sucker. I guess I was, and no 5 holidays a year for me. Couple of weekend city-breaks, that's about it.

Let's hear it for The Man Who Didn't Buy During The Bubble.

Well, I own my own house and have no mortgage so up yours for the rent,sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Sample PI thread December 23rd 2010:

Glassed by friends for being smug cunt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

cml387 wrote: »
    Let's hear it for The Man Who Didn't Buy During The Bubble.

Well, I own my own house and have no mortgage so up yours for the rent,sport.

Congrats, killer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

You don't rent and you didn't buy.

Do you live on the streets abroad? :confused:

Advertisement