Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GlorifyiShocking Poster around town glorifying Drug use

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

dapto1 wrote: »
    Anyone got a link to the poster?

Town hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

This is absolute nonsense. OP, can I suggest entering the real world and trying to live in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Here's the 'offending' poster from the fb page:

There are 2 different posters advertising this play (I'm acting in it). The poster in the town hall (and shops) has the 4 main actors but doesn't show any drugs. The version below was put up in pubs / colleges, etc.

It's a comedy

Mods: Please feel free to delete the poster image if it might be deemed to be advertising.
    Thanks,
    Dilallio

41605_163450700360022_3129909_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I don't mind. People should visit a theatre more often.

I never heard of this play before. Cheers, OP, think I might go see it now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

d-gal wrote: »
    If the guy was drinking a pint would you find that offensive? Alcohol is a far more damaging drug than cocaine (recent studies have proven this) and i think you are just very misinformed. Kids would not be influenced by a poster outside the town house theatre which they have zero interest in. They might however be infleunced seeing their favourite soccer player being photographed on the front of a magazine steaming drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

I think this sends out the wrong signal to tourists and younger Galweigans that drug use is cool.

I've heard this argument a million times before. I've worked with kids for twenty years and they're not that thick!!!! They know drugs are bad!! For crying out loud, even Gerry Ryan talked about the risks in taking drink and drugs. He pontificated on the subject plenty when he was alive!!!

Children get irony, satire and all sorts of humour. Adults constantly make kids out to be naive, clueless little lambs. Most functioning, loved children really know what's going on. It's the quasi-feral, neglected, unloved ones that are heading for disaster.... the ones who's parents use/deal drugs actually:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Miose

I dunno what ye are all on about, to me it just looks like a poster of the door staff in the GPO circa 1998!!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I remember when this website used to be interesting, instead of a one-stop-shop for whining, whinging windbags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I remember this when it was all just poppy fields.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

I remember when there was no internet in the air and it was all just Oxygen, Carbon Dioxide etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Whinging hypersensitive aul lad...

Get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

[nostalgia]
    troll.jpg
    [/nostalgia]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭LawnMower Man

After reading the many replies here of my fellow boardsies I decided I was too harsh with my criticism and that I should really broaden my mind culturally and get out more, so I decided to purchase two tickets and go along tonight.

If you see someone down at the bar at the interval swamping back double vodkas and Coke its prolly me (Not that sort of Coke!)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

If you see someone down at the bar at the interval swamping back double vodkas and Coke its prolly me (Not that sort of Coke!)
    It might be that kind of coke once you've been morally corrupted by the play. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

100% chance that the op is against the rubberbandits

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

After reading the many replies here of my fellow boardsies I decided I was too harsh with my criticism and that I should really broaden my mind culturally and get out more, so I decided to purchase two tickets and go along tonight.

successful-troll.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement