Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

book based on heart of darkness

Options
  • 17-12-2010 3:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

I read a book about 4-5 years ago that was (according to the introduction) based on heart of darkness, but i can't for the life of me remember what it was called or who wrote it. Don't remember much about it either except that I enjoyed it. There was something about a disease that was killing off all the pigeons.. or maybe all the birds in the city. One of the main characters was going slightly mad and he was imagining the life of an.. evil (i think) character, who in the end.. maybe turned out not to be imaginary and.. maybe the original character wasn't actually going mad in the first place but in the end was proven correct...

i wish I could remember more about it because unless you've actually read this book recently it's not likely you'll be able to help me find it again from the godawful description I've given. The only thing i'm sure was actually in the book was the disease and the birds but .. well any help is appreciated :)

Advertisement