Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kevin myers: People died to feed gerry ryans habit

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

pipe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

I was waiting for one of these threads.

Two days ago Myers wrote an article saying Gerry Ryan was wrong

Yesterday: No letters of complaints

Today: GERRY RYANS A MURDERER!!!

trollface.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,493 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

And all you Mods, with yer coke and hookers, yer no better neither :mad:

Think of all the ground up babies in that coke! Murderers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

The man's got a point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

He's right. As much as it pains me to say it but he's spot on with that article.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I was waiting for one of these threads.

Two days ago Myers wrote an article saying Gerry Ryan was wrong

Yesterday: No letters of complaints

Today: GERRY RYANS A MURDERER!!!

trollface.jpg

........though in a shock development, he doesn't slag off 1916...I was expecting some metaphor of Pearse and Connolly snorting human blood through rolled up copies of the proclamation.

Nodin wrote: »
    ........though in a shock development, he doesn't slag off 1916...I was expecting some metaphor of Pearse and Connolly snorting human blood through rolled up copies of the proclamation.

Plus he said you guys look like dorks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

This is I am afraid, not a very good article. Myers is making the school-boy error of equating the problems caused by criminalisation ( i.e criminality) with the problems of the drug itself. The problems caused by the drug itself - very real, as we have seen by G. Ryan's untimely death - are caused to the user and addict. The problems along the way to the drug user's nose are caused by regulation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

I think on this occasion Mr Myers might have a point. Why not make mandatory drug-testing a condition of having an RTE contract, whether you're a broadcaster, tech, manager or accountant? It is mandatory for athletes, sports people, employees of other state / semi-state bodies and industry generally so why not for the so-called celebs on the box?

mathepac wrote: »
    I think on this occasion Mr Myers might have a point. Why not make mandatory drug-testing a condition of having an RTE contract, whether you're a broadcaster, tech, manager or accountant? It is mandatory for athletes, sports people, employees of other state / semi-state bodies and industry generally so why not for the so-called celebs on the box?

Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Teangalad

unfortunately for once he is right !

This is I am afraid, not a very good article. Myers is making the school-boy error of equating the problems caused by criminalisation ( i.e criminality) with the problems of the drug itself. The problems caused by the drug itself - very real, as we have seen by G. Ryan's untimely death - are caused to the user and addict. The problems along the way to the drug user's nose are caused by regulation.

Hi error is using a recently dead celebrity to get the attention of people and rile them up. Of course what he says is correct in a way. But he knows this is going to get a reaction out of people. like this, its what he wants. So i will not be commenting further unless to insult the little worm

He can only get an erection if people hate him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

He goes against the grain everytime- He's one step away from being a Daily Mail journo. He takes a little bit of truth the spins the sh1t out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I would agree with that, the criminalisation of the drug is what causes the crimes and that would be the fault of the legislation.

I do think the article is right however to point out that victims of drug crimes who arent famous are vilified (eg its all their fault) while famous victims of drugs are let of likely and every reason given why they must be on drugs.

So i will not be commenting further unless to insult the little worm. He can only get an erection if people hate him.

Oooh Matron. When he's got it what are you going to do? :pac:

Hi error is using a recently dead celebrity to get the attention of people and rile them up. Of course what he says is correct in a way. But he knows this is going to get a reaction out of people. like this, its what he wants. So i will not be commenting further unless to insult the little worm

He can only get an erection if people hate him.

'I have annoyed the Plebs' *fappety fappety fap
    'I, Colonel Myarse, have Triumphed again' *fappety fappety fap
    'Violence is wrong,
    The British Army is a great institution...Whoarrrrrrr!!!!'*fappety fappety fap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Dumb logic. People died so Kevin Myers can heat his home with oil and drive his car with petrol or diesel.

Dumb logic. People died so Kevin Myers can heat his home with oil and drive his car with petrol or diesel.

Slight difference, AFAIK Myers doesn't use his position to pontificate about people who use home heating oil or cars.

You mean

'Myers Exterminates Dinosaurs To Heat Home For Masturbation'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

People have died so i can use Lampshades made out of human skin.

• Advertisement

Degsy wrote: »

Thats odd.

I didn't think you counted students as human.

You mean

'Myers Exterminates Dinosaurs To Heat Home For Masturbation'

When Kevin Myers sees a car accident, he touches himself

When Kevin Myers sees a car accident, he touches himself

..only if he can see his reflection in the wreckage...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

mathepac wrote: »

Would tv/radio....be even more boring if the "celebs" were drug free?

Degsy wrote: »

Herr Heim, that you? I think someone from the Wiesenthal Centre was looking for you.

..only if he can see his reflection in the wreckage...

pfft...he hasnt got a reflection!

he does however have a collection of dolls which have odd conical heads and has vaseline deliverd straight to his door in the dead of night..

...also he walks funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

The mans right.

Steyr wrote: »
    The mans right molests goats and then laughs about it trouserless

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

usually agree with myers dont this time when everyone else is agreeing with him for once, figures

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

And his usual "we can't quite do things as well as the Brits, but by god we can try!"

Advertisement