Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kevin myers: People died to feed gerry ryans habit

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

The problems along the way to the drug user's nose are caused by regulation.

What do you imagine would happen if cocaine was regulated ? I see a chaotic mess

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Unfortunately the indo is not so strictly moderated as boards. FWIW I disagree with the sentiment because it is a ridiculously childishly simple view of the problem which serves largely to increase his own smugness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

c0rk3r wrote: »
    What do you imagine would happen if cocaine was regulated ? I see a chaotic mess

Yes I can just imagine all those pharmacists terrorizing people and murdering each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

sink wrote: »
    Yes I can just imagine all those pharmacists terrorizing people and murdering each other.

....changing the names on their shops to "Macker's" and "Skango's"....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

steddyeddy wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/kevin-myers/kevin-myers-people-died-to-feed-ryan-his-drugs-he-knew-he-funded-those-deaths-2464618.html

Article by kevin myers laying into gerry ryan and equating him to the criminal element who supplied him drugs.

Good on Kevin Myers I couldnt agree more with this article,why this man is treated as a hero is beyond me,he was a drug addict for years and years and everyone in RTE knew about it,i know of another person currently on radio and another friend of bono who is just as bad

• Advertisement

Unfortunately the indo is not so strictly moderated as boards. FWIW I disagree with the sentiment because it is a ridiculously childishly simple view of the problem which serves largely to increase his own smugness.

I'm not a fan of Kevin "smug" Myers either but that doesn't take away from what he's saying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

AnneFrank wrote: »
    Good on Kevin Myers I couldnt agree more with this article,why this man is treated as a hero is beyond me,he was a drug addict for years and years and everyone in RTE knew about it,i know of another person currently on radio and another friend of bono who is just as bad

In fairness neither Gerry Ryan or Bono sit in a special chair in their basement looking at pictures of roadkill nailed to the ceiling while rubbing their nipples with brillo pads. A certain Indo journalist does though so he really cant judge

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

Pharmacies...that's still regulation. If there was no regulation then you would buy heroin, crack and meth in your local spar, centra or school shop. Unlimited and to anyone.

In fairness neither Gerry Ryan or Bono sit in a special chair in their basement looking at pictures of roadkill nailed to the ceiling while rubbing their nipples with brillo pads. A certain Indo journalist does though so he really cant judge

eh wtf ?found some of gerrys stash did we !!!I wonder would leaving the head stores operating with tested substances have been better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Myers correct and right again. Liberal twat backlash sure to follow as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

prinz wrote: »
    Herr Heim, that you? I think someone from the Wiesenthal Centre was looking for you.

I'll be sorting through my collection of spectacles and suitcases in the shed out back.

eh wtf ?found some of gerrys stash did we !!!I wonder would leaving the head stores operating with tested substances have been better

Its better than dying your hair with his own faeces which he also does

knird evol wrote: »
    Pharmacies...that's still regulation. If there was no regulation then you would buy heroin, crack and meth in your local spar, centra or school shop. Unlimited and to anyone.

:confused:

I'm not sure what point you were responding to, or trying to make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Is it not simply freedom of the press in all it's ugliness? And something we pride ourselves in?

Sure that never stopped Myers...don't let it hold you back.

Freddie59 wrote: »
    Is it not simply freedom of the press in all it's ugliness? And something we pride ourselves in?

True, though on occassion it seems its a freedom that extends only to the press and not we plebs.

Nodin wrote: »
    Sure that never stopped Myers...don't let it hold you back.

Nothing holds that man back. Did you know he gave george lucas the idea for the star wars prequels?

• Advertisement

You were arguing against regulation. Yet you still want some regulation.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Has anyone asked for FOI from RTE about what they did when the rumours about his addiction started. Or his friends.

Isn't it killing one person a week in this country ?

No to mention the deaths caused by the drug cartels abroad.

Yeah it's like stolen goods, without buyers there would be a lot less crime.

Nothing holds that man back. Did you know he gave george lucas the idea for the star wars prequels?

Of course in Myers later versions the rebels evil assault on the death star was eventually repelled and the glorious Empire triumphed.

You were arguing against regulation. Yet you still want some regulation.

No I was arguing against criminalization and for regulation. The only market for illegal drugs is a black market and by definition a black market is unregulated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Ugh. More sanctimonious drivel from this bitter little man looking to stir sht. I don't agree with the manner in which he delivers his point at all.

Its better than dying your hair with his own faeces which he also does

Insulting the man does not disprove his comments

No I was arguing against criminalization and for regulation. The only market for illegal drugs is a black market and by definition a black market is unregulated.

Oh right. It's a very complex system you envisage. It's hard to get it from a few lines / soundbites. You would need a prescription then for cocaine. Buy it in a chemist shop. Hopefully you wouldn't sell it on then on the black market or to kids.

WindSock wrote: »
    Ugh. More sanctimonious drivel from this bitter little man looking to stir sht. I don't agree with the manner in which he delivers his point at all.

thats a fair point,but do you agree with the sentiment ?

Oh right. It's a very complex system you envisage. It's hard to get it from a few lines / soundbites. You would need a prescription then for cocaine. Buy it in a chemist shop. Hopefully you wouldn't sell it on then on the black market or to kids.

I was envisioning something along those lines alright.

• Advertisement

Insulting the man does not disprove his comments

Let he who does not dress as an SS officer and shove antique firehoses up his bum while watching videos of car crashes cast the first stone

Advertisement