Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kevin myers: People died to feed gerry ryans habit

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Well, Pete, as you will see I have added an apology to my post.

Hadn't seen your apology when I posted, nice to see as I don't think I ever seen a guy on AH apologise for making similar irrelevant remarks about a woman :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

He looks more like a hamster than a pig, in my opinion.
    But that's in no way meant to take away from his ability to write pointless, attention seeking articles on the hot-button issues of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Shea O'Meara

Somebody needed to say this.
    Joe Duffy, ardent anti-drugs chap that he is said a few days back that the difference between Gerry and the drug users he gets on the soap box about is that 'Gerry never harmed anyone'.
    The nightclub/weekend snorter is no different to the user on the street corner. It's a broader issue I agree, but as regards RTE heads, like Ryan who live in a bubble and don't have to bring their kids up in a neighbourhood with random drug related killings, It's a bit rich.
    In fact, he's worse then an addict. They are pretty much screwed, where he did it social, for kicks. **** him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

WindSock wrote: »
    Yeah but the rest of us don't seem to have as much time on our hands to bother going around in circles picking posts one word at a time arguing aribtrary points.
    If that's what works for some, great. I'd rather not invest such a long time arguing for arguments sake over the internet for such a long and laboured time.

Point taken.

The only advice I can say is to fend him off with a few well-chosen one-liners. I mean, he's dancing in the dark, and he was born to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Hadn't seen your apology when I posted, nice to see as I don't think I ever seen a guy on AH apologise for making similar irrelevant remarks about a woman :)

I wasn't really comfortable with that post anyway :(

And I like pigs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭MadPatrick

If the guy likes a couple of lines of coke, that's fine. Who doesn't??

The criminal element is brought in by governments who make things illegal and don't offer an alternative, or at least check quality and sell it safely to get tax money to give to the EU.

I'm sure I could fix the rest of society's problems too if people would just listen:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭MadPatrick

I should also add that he could afford it

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Should RTE employ coke heads? No.
    Is Gerry Ryan responsible for other people's choices/deaths? No, only his own.
    She is the head of state, the most respected and acclaimed in our history.

He's talking about McAleese :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

steddyeddy wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/kevin-myers/kevin-myers-people-died-to-feed-ryan-his-drugs-he-knew-he-funded-those-deaths-2464618.html

Article by kevin myers laying into gerry ryan and equating him to the criminal element who supplied him drugs.

May have been said already....., but how does Myers know?

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

I agree with the majority of his {myers} article.

I think Mr. Ryan had a lot of power in RTE and as such could do as he pleased, that said I do not think he is the cause of every cocaine addict in the country, let's be clear GR could afford the real cocaine, what most addicts get on the estates up & down the country is nothing like the cocaine GR used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I was waiting for one of these threads.

Two days ago Myers wrote an article saying Gerry Ryan was wrong

Yesterday: No letters of complaints

Today: GERRY RYANS A MURDERER!!!

trollface.jpg
    Maybe not a murderer but certainly a proper hypocrite.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sandmanporto

Leave the man alone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

would love it, and i mean LOVE it, if it came out that kevin myers liked an oul snort aer a weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

snort snort :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭AntiMatter

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Just what has that journalist's looks got to do with anything exactly?

You're in trouble when the feminists see that post I can tell you.

They hate to see someone being critisied for their looks for little or no reason.

I'm sure I have that right.

He does actually look like a pig, though.

Fair's fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

He goes against the grain everytime- He's one step away from being a Daily Mail journo. He takes a little bit of truth the spins the sh1t out of it

What is "the grain" exactly in this case

• Registered Users Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭tigger123

I wish Kevin Myers would just f*ck off to be honest, it's quite telling that he was chucked out of the Times and ended up writing for the Indo, a rag of a paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

WindSock wrote: »
    Well, Mary Harney is fat don't you know....

But hey, no one likes her anyway.

And Brian Cowen gets just as many negative remarks made about how he looks.

This happens both sexes, that is the point - sorry you missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

Kevin Myers is bang on TBH. G.Ryan was a pompus egomaniac and as it turns out a junkie, who at the drop of a hat had plenty to say about everyone else's habits and lifestyles. However when it came to revealing anything about himself all he did was lie. His coke habit kept him at the top cause in fairness he did not have the talent to go it alone. His radio show was sh1te unless you were a woman with lumpy tits or a runny fanny. His efforts at TV were utter nonsense and just inflated his ego even further. Good riddance to him and fair play Mr Myers for speaking the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Looks like our Tax money was spent well in RTE ;)

O'Callaghan to blow whistle on rampant coke use in RTE

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/ocallaghan-to-blow-whistle-on-rampant-coke-use-in-rte-2466623.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

More today from the indo.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/corrupt-gardai-hid-gerry-ryan-coke-habit-2466610.html

Half a dealers trade went to RTE?????

Ok RTE, we've heard all the excuses and none of them work. Shower of Pr1cks

• Registered Users Posts: 20 de Lehman Bruddars

Four more high profile stars

hmmm, I wonder who they could be...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Poly wrote: »
    Half a dealers trade went to RTE?????
    I know that dealer! Hes getting his 15 minutes, he'll be delighted

Advertisement