Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania - Disasterous

Options
  • 17-12-2010 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hello,

Wish I would have checked here before ordering with Pixmania. Found them incredibly frustrating to deal with.

I ordered parts for a new computer around a week ago. Everything was in stock, when I ordered. Four of the parts were dispatched the next day ( haven't seen them yet tho). I checked the order status and found two of the parts were due in on the 16th and 24th. I went back and checked them on the website and it said they were *drum roll* in stock.

I didn't want to wait till the 24th so I asked them to refund me and ordered it from dabs (costing an additional 12.50). I figured since the other part was due on the 16th i'd just wait. 16th came and it turned out the part wasn't due till the 31st. So I called back, and eventually they told me they would refund the part & delivery. They refunded the part price only, not delivery. I called back to make sure this was done and told me to put through a new order, which I did. Half an hour later I got an email saying they could just replace the item, and I wouldn't have to pay for a new delivery, and asked me to let them know if this was ok.

Here's the clincher, the email address was noreply@pixmania ...

If you're making an order with multiple parts, I'd serious think twice about using these guys...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭jpb1974

I'd seriously think twice about using these guys if I was ordering just one item... they're a feckin disaster, they seem to have no meaningful standards or procedures when it comes to dealing with customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Have purchased many items from Pixmania, sometimes 2 or 3 in an order and never had any issues. Hopefully Pixmania don't go the Komplett way, what a right bunch of incompetent buggers that lot are :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    Have purchased many items from Pixmania, sometimes 2 or 3 in an order and never had any issues. Hopefully Pixmania don't go the Komplett way, what a right bunch of incompetent buggers that lot are :rolleyes:

What? What happened to Komplett? I ordered loads from them back when I was living in Ireland (2005 ish). They were good. Did something change?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Haven't bought anything off them since reading the thread below

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055960706 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Kalimah

We ordered three items from them on last Saturday. One arrived yesterday morning and the other two this morning. We've never had problems with either Pixmania or Komplett either and we've used them too on many occasions. So many people seem to have issues with them. I don't know-we must have been lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭J_Wholesale

If you stop buying from these sorts of companies when they mess up an order or 3, pretty soon you'll run out of companies to buy from (at affordable prices). I stopped using Dabs after they messed up a return last year. I stopped using Elara after the courier company they use turned out to be less than competent. I stopped using Komplett for a reason that I no longer remember. I'm always wary of Pixmania because I hate those French plugs they always send that require an adapter.

There aren't that many companies selling electronics / computer stuff at cheapish prices. The only one who never seems to mess up is Amazon, though they don't always stock precisely what you're looking for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 Pixmania

Hi
    I’m sorry for the problems you have had with our stock levels. We do our best to ensure that all of our products are continually updated, however due to the exceptionally high level of sales this time of year this is not was not the case.
    The dates for reshipment are the previewed dates that we receive from the manufacturer. Unfortunately any changes to these dates are beyond our control.
    For those of you wishing for more information regarding the terms and conditions of our guarantee and after sales service please go to the link below.
    http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/conditions.html#cgv_7
    Anyone wishing for more information regarding returns, repairs or information about their order is welcome to contact me directly on rachel@pixmania.com.
    Kind regards,
    Rachel
    Pixmania Mediator

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭fieryfox

i ordered from pixmania on Wednesday and my delivery arrived Friday. Thumbs up to pixmania on the prompt delivery considering the baltic weather outside!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Pixmania wrote: »
    Hi
    I’m sorry for the problems you have had with our stock levels. We do our best to ensure that all of our products are continually updated, however due to the exceptionally high level of sales this time of year this is not was not the case.
    The dates for reshipment are the previewed dates that we receive from the manufacturer. Unfortunately any changes to these dates are beyond our control.
    For those of you wishing for more information regarding the terms and conditions of our guarantee and after sales service please go to the link below.
    http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/conditions.html#cgv_7
    Anyone wishing for more information regarding returns, repairs or information about their order is welcome to contact me directly on rachel@pixmania.com.
    Kind regards,
    Rachel
    Pixmania Mediator

Hi Rachel,

Thank you for offering to help one of our posters. However, if Pixmania is to continue to post on this message board, please contact the Admins at hello@boards.ie in order to arrange a commercial account.

If you do not do this, any future posts from Pixmania will be deleted.

Regards

dudara

If you stop buying from these sorts of companies when they mess up an order or 3, pretty soon you'll run out of companies to buy from (at affordable prices). I stopped using Dabs after they messed up a return last year. I stopped using Elara after the courier company they use turned out to be less than competent. I stopped using Komplett for a reason that I no longer remember. I'm always wary of Pixmania because I hate those French plugs they always send that require an adapter.

There aren't that many companies selling electronics / computer stuff at cheapish prices. The only one who never seems to mess up is Amazon, though they don't always stock precisely what you're looking for.

Hello
    Thank you for your review.
    The information regarding adapters can be found under the product you are looking at on our site. If a product should require a mains adapter it will clearly state this so that you are well informed in advance.
    For any other technical information please go to the “technical information sheet”, or contact me on rachel@pixmania.com so that I may contact our purchases for more information.
    Kind regards,
    Rachel
    Pixmania Mediator

• Advertisement

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    Haven't bought anything off them since reading the thread below

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055960706 :rolleyes:

Hello
    Thank you for your review. I have tried to log into to the particular thread below, however it seems to be removed.
    If you should have any questions regarding an order please do not hesitate to contact me directly on rachel@pixmania.com I am more than happy to help you with any queries you may have.
    Kind regards,
    Rachel
    Pixmania Mediator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

First time ordering off them last friday. Item delivered today. Can't fault that. Excellent service.;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

First time ordering off them last friday. Item delivered today. Can't fault that. Excellent service.;)

Until it goes wrong......:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭fizzlepurplefuz

I made an order with these guys friday afternoon!!!
    The money has already been taking from my account yet for some reason they want me to call them between the hours of 7.30am and 3.30pm as they have concerns over my order.... I've been tracking my order all day wondering why it has remained on the payment option and there in my junk e-mail is them telling me i have to ring them to do some security checks with them.....anyone any idea what these security checks are.....never ever heard of anywhere asking you to ring up to do a security check with them before (surely they should ring you if there's a problem).....it's a good deal of money i have paid out to them and it's for a christmas pressie :mad:

Oh and btw: if i don't ring them they're gonna cancel my order!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

Biggest load of shoite I've ever dealt with! Will never use them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 dehodge

ordered 2 tv's on the 9/12 , for delivery 16/12, no tv's, 4 phone calls, 5 emails and one to Rachel (pixmania)....no replies and still no tvs...gonna have two dissapointed kids on saturday,,,thanks PIXMANIA...believe the hype..STAY AWAY..

Crasp wrote: »
    Biggest load of shoite I've ever dealt with! Will never use them again.

Hello,
    Thank you for your review.
    We take the utmost care to satisfy all requests of our customers efficiently and I am sorry if your experience with us was not satisfactory.
    I invite you to contact me with your order details on emma@pixmania.com with more information so that I may investigate the problems you have had and find a suitable solution.
    Kind regards
    Emma
    Pixmania Mediator

pm sent to emma pixmania as requested,

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@Pixmania - can you confirm if you have contacted the Boards admins at hello@boards.ie?

I cannot allow you to post in this capacity as you represent a commercial organisation

dudara

got a reply from pixmania this morning (and not automated one, from a real person) ,,lets wait and see...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

dudara wrote: »
    @Pixmania - can you confirm if you have contacted the Boards admins at hello@boards.ie?

I cannot allow you to post in this capacity as you represent a commercial organisation

dudara

Hmmm, this is the same as their customer support! They just ignore you! I will never use this company again.

I ordered a Camcorder for my girlfriends parents on December the 5th, the Camera has been in transit since the 6th with the last scan by Bepost on the 9th of December!

I rang them on the 15th & they said they'd get back to me when they rang the courier. No word back on the 16th, rang the 17th & had no update at all for me, they've launched an "investigation" into this but wouldn't send a replacement or give us a refund till this is close.

The guy on the phone told me it would take 5 working days, this has been upped to 10 working days! So annoyed at this stage & will avoid the fotovista group as much as I can.

I looked around for an alternative site with similar prices. Found Vmaxx.ie in Cork & Shockeronics.com in Portlaoise, I ended up getting 1 in powercity at great price. Will be shopping in these as much as I can from now on! :)

i have been informed my parcel has left 22/12...fingers crossed, legs crossed...wishful thinking????? icon11.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

dehodge wrote: »
    i have been informed my parcel has left 22/12...fingers crossed, legs crossed...wishful thinking????? icon11.gif

wouldnt hold your breath. i ordered a set of headphones last week and the delivery date was 23rd.

since today is the 24th, i doubt its going to arrive today.

however, several other items i ordered over the last 2 weeks all arrived in excellent time.

so a thumbs up to pixmania, but a thumbs down to their budget delivery service.

now 30/12 and no tv's...bad communication and zero customer service and two kiddies very dissapointed icon9.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Pixmania are an absolute sham of a company with 0 customer service!
    It took a 10 day "investigation" for them to copy & paste Beposts delivery status that I already have access to! They also tried to tell me the parcel has been delivered & I was a liar. Nice one, considering there's no POD & update on beposts deliveries status since the 9th of December.Inept doesn't begin to describe them!
    I am impressed how fast they responded when I sent them a mail about getting consumer affairs involved so anyone with a problem take note of that! Hopefully the CC company will withold payment or sort it for me. They shouldn't be allowed get away with this blatant attempted robbery!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭scotchy

Ordered a Wii Mario cart from them on the 20th of Dec, arrived at my house 23rd Dec in time for Santa.:)

I cant praise them enough.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

good for you scotchy...still no parcels here now 4th Jan...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 wclane

I had a disaster with pixmania this Christmas and will never buy from them again.
    Ordered a record player with speakers from them on 31st October - this was a christmas present and I thought ordering that early I'd be sure to have the product on time - how wrong was I. Pixmania twice delivered the wrong product to me ! Twice the record deck they sent me was returned and after several e-mails I was assured they'd get it correct. Finally on Wednedsay 22nd December I had to accept that a product I'd ordered and paid for 8 weeks before Christmas was not going to arrive and bought the same product elsewhere. Pixmania refunded me after Christmas but kept €15.00 delivery charge, it has taken several more e-mails and threats of me talking to the media before they have agreed to refund delivery of a product I never got - am still waiting on that.
    Moral is, once bitten twice shy and I will also ensure that no-one connected to me ever orders from them again either

tv's arrived...happy with the product...but will never use PIXMANIA again, their customer service and delivery service is a disgrace..never again!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,083 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

A phone that I ordered from them over the weekend was shipped on 3rd January, and received by me in Kerry less than 24 hours later. I assumed that I was going to get it today or tomorrow, and was completely wrong.

If all transactions were handled like mine, they wouldn't get any complaints at all, and would get an awful lot more customers.

Advertisement