Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water in Navan

Options
  • 17-12-2010 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

Anyone know whats happening with the water?
    off since this morning/last night

I'm the proudstown side of the town

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

looks like they have reduced the pressure, so your tank will empty and then be really slow to fill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

no pressure in my house since this morning
    not even a gurgle out of the kitchen tap where the mains comes into then heads up to the tank

Still dead . . . . . will have to start melting snow

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Rumour is that there was an oil spill and they turned off the water??!!!!!
    (This is why we buy the bottled stuff!)
    Apprently its been turned on again but we have none

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

Rumour is that there was an oil spill and they turned off the water??!!!!!
    (This is why we buy the bottled stuff!)
    Apprently its been turned on again but we have none

thats what i was told today also, dunno if its true though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Oil Spill

Do you mean there was an oil spill near the reservoir which would contaminate the supply?

or is this related to the oil depot fire in Louth?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

deckie27 wrote: »
    Oil Spill

Do you mean there was an oil spill near the reservoir which would contaminate the supply?

or is this related to the oil depot fire in Louth?

i just heard there was an oil spill and it contaminated the water. complete hearsay though, so it really could be anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭bladespin

Heard the same thing (oil spill), rang them about 6pm and was told it was back on, near 10 now and still no sign :(

Good luck to them introducing water rates, with service like this I can see it being a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

is anyone getting water?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Animalistic

Still none here :rolleyes:. Also on Proudstown side. No clue whats going on.

Came back here (Proudstown) around 11pm last night, wonder if that's the end of it or will they have more work to do.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭paddles

Have no water this evening. Shouldn;t be frozen pipes as I have been v careful this time.
    Wondering if water being rationed at the mo? in canterbrook, trim side

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Animalistic

Water off again..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭J.Ball

Am i having this issue with the water being off too????? up by the ardboyne hotel area. I just assumed the pipes froze as downstairs is working ok but not upstairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

Has anybody any update on Water situation. I am in Clonmagadden area and have been without water since about 6pm last night. I try to ring the navan county council office or look on the website for info but can't see anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Rafa1977 wrote: »
    Has anybody any update on Water situation. I am in Clonmagadden area and have been without water since about 6pm last night. I try to ring the navan county council office or look on the website for info but can't see anything.

You probably have a frozen incoming water pipe, MCC have reduced pressure from 7pm to 7am, so you should have water. If everyone else was cut off it would be on national news. Try finding the route of your incoming water and blow torch the ground above to get it moving, cannot offer much else I'm afraid.

If you're in a new estate try contacting the developer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

water gone again :rolleyes: and on christmas day as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sadbre

No water on Acedemy Square since yesterday. anybady knows why?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LizardOfBodom

No water in Johnstown Wood today since 1pm as well. Just hoping to have it back 2morrow... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

No water in the clonmagadden area either pipes are ok as we had them replaced last week due to freezing. I've called a few people in the area and they are in the same situation. Tried to call Meath county councils emergency line and it does not even connect.

I've just called management of Academy and I was told you have to wait for summer until pipes will defrosted. It's rude.
    Why council doesn't send any tank truck? How long we can manage buying bottled water?

• Advertisement

Furp wrote: »
    No water in the clonmagadden area either pipes are ok as we had them replaced last week due to freezing. I've called a few people in the area and they are in the same situation. Tried to call Meath county councils emergency line and it does not even connect.

Same as that, our mains connection point has been frozen since last wednsday, the engineer was supposed to contact us as to what to do, then was told he had left and wouldn't be back until the second week in January, the emergency line goes nowhere :mad: Can't wait until they try to fit a water meter so they can charge for this great service, I'll take a slege to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shertheman

Not a drop in Newbridge, Kildare also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Thaw has set in, our waste water pipes thawed out an hour ago, shower pipe nearly there. Would reckon you will get water between now and the morning now that temperatures have risen.
    Reckon the council believe this problem is down to developers not putting pipes down deep enough. Ours are 4 feet below ground so have never frozen in the 20 years we are here.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shertheman

Thaw has set in alright but really stuck here without of drop all day, heading to the shops for bottled water :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

No water in Boyne View Johnstown one side of street has no water other side of street has water
    Rang council on christmas day told mains underground at there end was frozen
    called this evening told there was no problem with water in johnstown
    there must be a mains pipe that supplys houses on my side of street that is blocked
    Council giving different replys when you call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

Furp wrote: »

Hi Furp, do you mind me asking what part of Clonmagdden you are at, as I am living there aswell, and have no water whatsoever since 23rd, but my neighbours on either side of me have water. Have your neighbours got water?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 RockMan94

that is just a disgrace all the water we have in this country and they want to turn it off it is like living in the "Stone Ages" I have had enough of these puppet goverment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 RockMan94

this is just awful what you need to do is find who your county councillor is? they are unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LizardOfBodom

It came up, for me, that its actually only my house is affected with no water problem - neighbors both sides have water, their pipes must be buried deeper than ours. Still have no running water (Johnstown Wood) but my landlord came up with good rescue plan - it may come handy for some of you. We connected the garden hose to the neighbor's outside tap, put the end of it into our water reservoir in the attic and filled it up compeletly. Took around 15 minutes to did so but it gave us water for next couple of days (tank upstairs has around 200l I guess) and also gave opportunity to flush toilets, taps and fill-up bath. Doesnt solve the problem, but helps a lot comparing to washing hands under 1.5l plastic bottle as we did yesterday.

ps - got some quick lesson on irish plumbing today as I didnt even know the way it works. In houses like mine all taps are feeded from the attic reservoir,m except for the cold water tap in kitchen and washing machine/dishwasher feed. What it means is that if you dont have cold water in kitchen, your upstairs reservoir will not be filling itself up. That also mean, that you may actually not notice that pipes are frozen, as I didn't, cause all other taps everywhere in the house will still work (including toilet reservoirs etc) but theuy will only work until the attic reservoir is not drained. After that, you will loose water everywhere and also there is possibility you will loose heating, I was told.
    Anyway - maybe them info will come handy to anyone.

Awaiting pipes to defrost now so good luck to everyone!

• Advertisement

Its thaw. Piped defrosted and all cracked. Flood in undergrad car park but still no water at home. Filling bucket straight from pipe. We'll have to wash ourself in river Boyne.

Advertisement