Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When is Irish release andriod 2.1 release for O2 Xperia X10?

• 17-12-2010 4:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭

title says it all - when is the official android 2.1 release for O2 customers on Xperia X10?

I've been watching You Tube videos on how to do the upgrade on the X10 but just want to know when it will be available.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

title says it all - when is the official android 2.1 release for O2 customers on Xperia X10?

I've been watching You Tube videos on how to do the upgrade on the X10 but just want to know when it will be available.

It was released around 18th Novemeber.

Have you tried to do the update yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

yes, i followed some instructions from a youtube clip but it said there was no update.

The steps I took were to connect to the PC, start the PC companion (have latest version at time of writing) and go to the website. And apparently it should detect there's a software update when you mount the phone.

I'm not sure if that's right....but it didn't detect a new version of android. I may hae this totally wrong but thought by following the clip I was following correct instructions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Your steps seem fine to me.

You used the PC companion program, but have you tried the update service program?
    It's from SE also and that's how i updated my phone!

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/softwaredownloads/detailed/updateservice/xperiax10?cc=gb&lc=en

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

Thanks, that link did the trick. :)

Advertisement