Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City buses

Options
  • 17-12-2010 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭

I have been here a few months and never had to use a city bus. Might do sometime but how much is the bus fare?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Depends on which bus you're going for. Most city ones are in and around €1.50.

Handy if they actually turn up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

AFAIK €1.60 is the standard adult fare for all of the city buses. From my experiences they tend to be pretty punctual if you're travelling from the city centre. During off peak traffic they tend to be pretty punctual all round.

Do you think so? Wish my route was as punctual! The usual is waiting for a bus to turn up for ages, none turn up in the time that 3 should have. Then ages later 3 buses turn up all at once. :rolleyes: Guess it's not with every route then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

NoDice wrote: »
    Do you think so? Wish my route was as punctual! The usual is waiting for a bus to turn up for ages, none turn up in the time that 3 should have. Then ages later 3 buses turn up all at once. :rolleyes: Guess it's not with every route then!

Agreed!

Also, €1.60 per bus is a rip off. If you need more than one bus to get to your final destination you must keep paying. Was in greece last year and they work on a city bus ticket being valid for 60 mins regardless of number of buses. Much better system!

Ps. Please resist all urges to comment on relation of this and greek econony :)

Agreed!

Also, €1.60 per bus is a rip off. If you need more than one bus to get to your final destination you must keep paying. Was in greece last year and they work on a city bus ticket being valid for 60 mins regardless of number of buses. Much better system!

Ps. Please resist all urges to comment on relation of this and greek econony :)

Ha ha ha @ the ps. :)

Think it's a rip off too.

Also I used to have to get the ballincollig bus which was over a fiver for the return pass and then for the city bus - an additional €1.60. :(

Even London has a v. cheap day pass imo.

Anyway, welcome to Cork OP!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

NoDice wrote: »

Also I used to have to get the ballincollig bus which was over a fiver for the return pass and then for the city bus - an additional €1.60. :(

Its 5.70 :O Its very rarely on time too.espically if your getting it from ballincollig into town.

Its 5.70 :O Its very rarely on time too.espically if your getting it from ballincollig into town.

Ha ha agreed. €5.70 though? Cheeky! I remember trying to spend as long as possible getting away with the child fare! :o

I think the 10 is pretty good for time. Every other bus I've had to get has either been late or too early depending on which way you look at it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Fairdues

Are all the bus routes in operation today?:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Fairdues wrote: »
    Are all the bus routes in operation today?:)

Hopefully,Have a look here :)http://www.buseireann.ie/news.php?id=924&month=Dec

I've seen both the 10 and 2 so far on the roads today. Not sure about the others..

Their site is usually up to date with disturbances but not sure if it'll cover cork city..

http://www.buseireann.ie/

• Advertisement
Advertisement