Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini Radio

Options
  • 17-12-2010 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭

Could anyone recommend me a mini radio - cheap and and as small/light as possible but still of reasonable quality signal wise. Sick of missing off the ball when out running. Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Could anyone recommend me a mini radio - cheap and and as small/light as possible but still of reasonable quality signal wise. Sick of missing off the ball when out running. Cheers

I just use an old second hand phone. Most of the basic Nokias are tiny and weigh next to nothing. I Carry it in my back pocket and i hardly notice it. Off the ball and george hook can keep me entertained for hours when out running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

kennyb3 wrote: »

I use this one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-NWZB143B-4GB-USB-Walkman/dp/B002COJ5BM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1292608296&sr=8-1

find it great, usb connection and charges really quick, Radio with great signal and mp3 player. It has taken some abuse over the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

shels4ever wrote: »
    I use this one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-NWZB143B-4GB-USB-Walkman/dp/B002COJ5BM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1292608296&sr=8-1

find it great, usb connection and charges really quick, Radio with great signal and mp3 player. It has taken some abuse over the last year.
    looks perfect thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Also check out a Sansa Miniclip, very small and light with a great sounding mp3 player and a radio with a much better signal quality than my iPod. Cheap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Also check out a Sansa Miniclip, very small and light with a great sounding mp3 player and a radio with a much better signal quality than my iPod. Cheap too.

I really like the Sansa clip. I'm on my 5th at the moment. They're not waterproof. :( Great for MarathonTalk Podcasts, mp3s and radio (you can even record radio on the hoof).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

menoscemo wrote: »
    I just use an old second hand phone. Most of the basic Nokias are tiny and weigh next to nothing. I Carry it in my back pocket and i hardly notice it. Off the ball and george hook can keep me entertained for hours when out running.

Same for me, using my old Nokia so even have a camera available in case I spot anything interesting. Best part is it has a podcast client so it's normally those I listen to rather than the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

I really like the Sansa clip. I'm on my 5th at the moment. They're not waterproof. :( Great for MarathonTalk Podcasts, mp3s and radio (you can even record radio on the hoof).

I'm another fan of the Clip.

I don't know if you insist on buying new, but given how quickly you go through them , you might like to know that I have bought two factory reconditioned Sansa clips on ebay for 20 quid each. Both great quality, no sign that they were not new.

Advertisement