Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Franziskaner???

Options
  • 17-12-2010 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭

Where has franziskaner gone? Its been off the shelves of my local lidl's for the last few weeks. I miss it.

Im in cork by the way, is it still on the shelves everywhere else in the country???
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

5 bottles for €9 in supervalu if you can't do without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Still in my Local Lidl so maybe you've drank it all ;):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭AkiThePirate

My mate just bought ten bottles in the Lidl in Dingle, and I saw it on the shelves in the Dundrum Lidl.

I've seen Lidl run out before, so it should be okay.
    I seriously doubt they'd drop such a hit, as the only other place I know that sells it is SuperQuin and that's almost twice the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Was in one of the Harvests in Galway and they also have Franziskander 5 for €9 so it is out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I bought a case last week for about 35quid in Lidl and they had plenty left ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

How much is it generally for 6 in Lidl?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

6 for €10 in o'briens

http://www.obrienswine.ie/Beers//21654/

seems to be an ongoing offer now, been there quite some time now.

Daddio wrote: »
    How much is it generally for 6 in Lidl?

1.79 a bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Well i was in both local Lidl stores today & still franziskaner is not in stock. I asked one of the staff & i got a very straightforward answer...its gone! Yeah i know its gone but why is it gone?...i think that was a special offer for a limited amount of time.???

What the hell is going on? Is it still in all the other lidls around the nation? Is it just cork city thats gone dry of the stuff. I know you can get it in supervalu but im baffled as to why it seems to be available everywhere else except the cork lidl stores????

Can anyone throw some light on the matter???....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,781 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Well i was in both local Lidl stores today & still franziskaner is not in stock. I asked one of the staff & i got a very straightforward answer...its gone! Yeah i know its gone but why is it gone?...i think that was a special offer for a limited amount of time.???

What the hell is going on? Is it still in all the other lidls around the nation? Is it just cork city thats gone dry of the stuff. I know you can get it in supervalu but im baffled as to why it seems to be available everywhere else except the cork lidl stores????

Can anyone throw some light on the matter???....

Very simple, lidl aren't like dunnes/tesco etc. they don't turn to a wholesaler and say "we need x amount of xyz" except for bread/milk/chiller food. Everything else gets delivered from the rdc. A lot of times a manager won't know half the stock that's getting delivered till it's in the warehouse. It was always funny seeing one product get doubled up to cover up for another one, then 3 weeks worth of the missing stock arrives. so the franziskaner is probably out of stock at hq.

I'd actually bet ya that when it comes back something else will vanish.

• Advertisement

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Very simple, lidl aren't like dunnes/tesco etc. they don't turn to a wholesaler and say "we need x amount of xyz" except for bread/milk/chiller food. Everything else gets delivered from the rdc. A lot of times a manager won't know half the stock that's getting delivered till it's in the warehouse. It was always funny seeing one product get doubled up to cover up for another one, then 3 weeks worth of the missing stock arrives. so the franziskaner is probably out of stock at hq.

I'd actually bet ya that when it comes back something else will vanish.

But if thats the case how come all the other lidls in ireland are still stocking the stuff except for the cork city ones?

If it was out of stock a HQ it would be out of stock nationwide?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,781 ✭✭✭hynesie08

But if thats the case how come all the other lidls in ireland are still stocking the stuff except for the cork city ones?

Sorry by hq i meant rdc (regional distribution centre). Theres 3 of them in ireland i think and they all work independently of each other.

There is actually no logic to lidl whatsoever. I worked in one in drogheda (There were 2) and we were selling brahma. The brahma ran out and for love nor money we couldn't order more in, but the other one in the same town and the one in dundalk could. It really is a soul sucking place to work in and i was only security.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Sorry by hq i meant rdc (regional distribution centre). Theres 3 of them in ireland i think and they all work independently of each other.

There is actually no logic to lidl whatsoever. I worked in one in drogheda (There were 2) and we were selling brahma. The brahma ran out and for love nor money we couldn't order more in, but the other one in the same town and the one in dundalk could. It really is a soul sucking place to work in and i was only security.

Ah right thanks for the info. Didn't know that about the HQ's.

Well i'l stop complaining now. It is available in supervalu after all. Im sure they'll have it back in lidl at some stage. Or maybe not!

Its in stock as always in my 3 local Lidl stores in Dublin. That is Tyrellstown, Finglas and Glasnevin, tons of the drink still there.

Well its back in one of my local lidl's. As predicted its back at a higher price. Its now selling at 1.99 a bottle.:rolleyes: It was going for 1.79 before christmas.

Basics of making profit i suppose. Sell something at a cheaper price then put up the price if it becomes popular. Thing is its also 1.99 in supervalu so i won't be going to lidl specifically to get the stuff anymore.

How much is it in Dublin, Galway, Limerick etc???

My last case was bought on Xmas eve. Display said 1.99 but the girl at the till scanned it at 1.79 a bottle.

gurramok wrote: »
    My last case was bought on Xmas eve. Display said 1.99 but the girl at the till scanned it at 1.79 a bottle.

Fair enough. I still think its value for money but if they went any higher than 1.99 i'd stop buying it. If it went up to 2.20 or something.

Aldi currently have their equivalent wheat beer priced at 1.79 on the shelves & its nice as well.

Advertisement