Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulated Plasterboard.

• 17-12-2010 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi All.

I am just looking for a quick bit of advise. Installing a second radiator in a sitting room on a solid block wall which has been sand/cement rendered and skimmed. All walls are of this construction in the room. As I only have a day to get the job done and the house was only done up a year ago I want to avoid chassing the wall. There is an existing electrical double socket in the wall as is.

As such I was going to mount the copper pipe to the wall for the rad and then overboard the wall with 50mm K18 / mushroom fixings with a channel cut for the pipework. Is there any reasons this would not be possible or is a bad idea. For me it seems to kill two birds with one stone i.e. the wall gets insulated and the pipework installed without destroying the place with huge amounts of dust from chasing a rendered wall twice over its full height.

Any advise specfically about moisture buildup. Wall is a cavity with insulation within it and internally it block with sand/cement render / skim.

Thanks

Advertisement