Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy S on Three problem

Options
  • 17-12-2010 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭

I have an annoying little problem on my Samsung Galaxy S. I'm with three (bill) and about a month ago I got tired of waiting for Froyo to be released. I upgraded manually using the Kies Registry Patcher to spoof Kies into updating it. The firmware I am on is 2.2 and the build is JPO, baseband version is JPP.

Since then I have two entries for 3 on my Network Operators list (end of post in quote). The first 3 works fine for me but it quite often seems to fall over onto the other 3 entry. This means I get a R over my signal graphic and all 3g data stops. It doesnt matter whether I choose Select Automatically or 3, it will always go to this after a while.

Does anyone know a way to set the mobile network to always default to the first 3? Its a pain that it never switches back by itself and it takes a valuable 30 seconds of my time to do it. Its just one of those annoying little niggles. Alternatively, can I flash on an official 3 froyo firmware?
    > Search Networks
    > Select Automatically
    > 3
    > 3
    > O2 - IRL
    > IRL - METEOR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LightHugger

I have a Desire on 3, and I can do what you want by going into Network Settings, and selecting WCDMA-only mode. Is that option available on the Galaxy S?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I have the exact same firmware (JPO). I flashed through Odin.

Mine switches beteen the two (3G/2G) no problems - if I switch manually it can take up to about 1 min.

If the signal isn't strong enough it switches to the 2nd 3 (aka 2G-vodafone) and you see the 'R' appear.

As LightHugger suggests, you can have set it to use the 1st '3' (WCDMA-only). But you'd want to have a good signal, otherwise I'd leave it on both.

Advertisement