Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DISTANT WORLDS: MUSIC FROM FINAL FANTASY

Options
  • 17-12-2010 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭

DISTANT WORLDS: MUSIC FROM FINAL FANTASY

The Royal Albert Hall is proud to be the site of the gala premiere in London of Distant Worlds: music from Final Fantasy, the highly anticipated multimedia concert experience.

With composer Nobuo Uematsu and conductor Arnie Roth, The Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra, and many special soloists including Susan Calloway from FFXIV, and with state of the art HD videos and stills shown on massive screens highlighting the games most memorable sequences, the Royal Albert Hall will swell with the award-winning music from the FINAL FANTASY video game series.

Featuring scenes from throughout the Final Fantasy series as well as music from the newly released Final Fantasy XIII and XIV, this is truly a concert not to be missed.

http://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/distant-worlds/default.aspx

This sounds fantastic - have always wanted to check out an FF concert and now here's an opportunity. It's not taking place till November 2011 but im sure tickets will be snapped up quick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

ffs!!! D:D: now there is another reason i need to get a job asap :((((

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

A year away?

Hmmm.....

Did you see the price?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yes, various prices at £20, £25, £30, £37.50, £45.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Vokes wrote: »
    Yes, various prices at £20, £25, £30, £37.50, £45.

I shall consider it.

if it is possible i 'd wanna really get the vip ticket :P it is so rare that nobuo come this far for a concert! pretty sure the tickets will be sold out soon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm (hopefully) gonna buy tickets for this once i'm paid on Thursday. Better not be sold out by then.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got me and the girlfriend a ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Will be buying mine tomorrow/stephenses day. **** the woman she wouldn't appreciate it. I'll bring me house mate

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

Has anyone received tickets yet?
    I ordered VIP tickets for the girlfriend and myself on the 17th and I haven't got them yet. Hope they weren't lost in the Christmas post

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Post seems to be on a break at the moment. Ordered a load of games on the 17th and none have arrived. You'll start to get post from tomorrow onwards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Emailed them asking if they might take the tour to Dublin at the NCH. Saw Metropolis there in September last year, was brilliant with the orchestra.

Failing that it looks like I'll be handing over 250 nicker to see it in London. Can't miss this!

ARGH! The Albert Hall website won't accept my Visa card (even though there is nothing wrong with it!).

The tickets are nearly sold out, FECK!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

edit: And the Box Office closed 18 minutes ago. ARGH! Bet you by tomorrow morning those last seats will be gone.

imagine if nobuo come dublin!! D: lets all send an email to them!

nearly sold out?!!! gonna get my ticket soon!!

edit: oh ffs, seriously??? sold out??? i really it is just a system error :(

Last night there was about 8 circle seats left. 6 if you count the two I was trying to buy.

All my attempts to buy tickets were in vein though as I was later informed I've to be somewhere else that day.

Shame. Truly upset I can't go to this. I've written to the NCH in the hopes they might bring the show to Dublin.

If enough of us write in you never know...

Just checked the Royal Albert Hall website.

It's sold out. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

One of the lads booked 5 tickets yesterday around 1 o'clock in a spur of the moment trip away. We were warned of impaired viewing before booking but guess we're lucky to have even got tickets.

Weekend on the p1ss + a FF concert. Hmmm, doesn't add up much!?

i m sad :(:(:(:( but seriously they only have 1 showing of the concert??? outrageous!!!!!!:( i am gonna email them!!!

seraphimvc wrote: »
    i m sad :(:(:(:( but seriously they only have 1 showing of the concert??? outrageous!!!!!!:( i am gonna email them!!!

While you're at it, email this crowd!

http://www.nch.ie/Contact-Us.aspx

Just saw this on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/#!/ffdistantworlds/status/26063996176048128

Additional tickets available Monday morning!

Good luck everyone. Wish I could attend. :(

edit: Incidentally, NCH emailed me today. They've no plans to host Distant Worlds in 2011.

Those additional tickets are on sale now!

• Advertisement

So did anyone actually receive tickets yet?
    It's been a month since I ordered them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

No tickets here yet. I wouldn't worry, they'll come. You have the booking information anyway, so you're sorted.

Got my tickets in the post today.

Anyone who orderend the VIP tickets get them yet?

Still waiting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

if anyone has a spare to sell let me know

I'll be selling my 2 VIP tickets when I get them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

This event rapidly approaches! Who's going?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm raging i didn't get tickets when they were available. Would absolutely love to go to it. Been keeping an eye on the site, hoping tickets become available, but no luck :(

• Advertisement

Heading with my girlfriend. Flights and hotel booked.

Advertisement