Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DISTANT WORLDS: MUSIC FROM FINAL FANTASY

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Would a pre-concert Boardsie meetup be on the cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Going with a few lads from home, we're just too nerdy. Might have a spare ticket available if anyone's looking. That's a might!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mr. K wrote: »
    Would a pre-concert Boardsie meetup be on the cards?

I wouldn'tmind as long as it's close to the venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Concert was fantastic. They cut the first verse from Eyes on Me, and the main melody from Clash on the Big Bridge wasn't strong enough at all, and it didn't use enough brass. Actually, I wasn't mad about that arrangement at all on reflection, but overall this was a great event. Royal Albert Hall is a wonderful venue. Had goosebumps listening to Liberi Fatali at the start. I'll never listen to One Winged Angel again without thinking of Uematsu, the hero that he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

good god, i wish i got a job last year :( i knew this will be one of my little regrets in life...hope nobuo do concert here again...

speaking of which, i remember nobuo dont work 'full time' for SE now right? honestly hope this wont be his last FF concert in europe :S

• Advertisement

Concert was fantastic.

This. Dancing Mad and Maria and Draco were amazing too.
    seraphimvc wrote: »
    honestly hope this wont be his last FF concert in europe :S

Arnie Roth said they were going to be back in the Royal Albert Hall next November, dunno about Uematsu though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just back from London. Was a great night alright. Only disappointment was Eyes on Me; it was a great performance of a terrible song.

Dancing Mad was the highlight for me. Was hoping they would play it but wasn't expecting it. Much better than One Winged Angel. My girlfriend took a few videos.

This. Dancing Mad and Maria and Draco were amazing too.

Arnie Roth said they were going to be back in the Royal Albert Hall next November, dunno about Uematsu though.
    hold on i thought Nobuo was there at the concert??

seraphimvc wrote: »
    hold on i thought Nobuo was there at the concert??

He was. He came on stage a few times, at the start and at the end, when he sang with the choir for One Winged Angel.

But there's no guarantee that he'll go on tour with Arnie Roth next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Little Yellow

But there's no guarantee that he'll go on tour with Arnie Roth next year.
    Was there as well. Had a great night.

Arnie said they'd be back in London Nov 17th next year and as it's 25th anniversary of FF they would get Nobuo to do something special.
    So expect to see him there :-)

One Winged Angel was a great finish. Will hope to go back next year again ^^v

• Advertisement

Arnie said they'd be back in London Nov 17th next year and as it's 25th anniversary of FF they would get Nobuo to do something special.
    So expect to see him there :-)

Excuse me, you are correct. So yeah, Uematsu will return!

I was a bit disappointed by the merchandise, it was just t-shirts, CDs and a DVD. I would've been quite tempted by a plush Moogle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Little Yellow

I was a bit disappointed by the merchandise, it was just t-shirts, CDs and a DVD. I would've been quite tempted by a plush Moogle.
    Agreed there. Nothing to buy there. Really impressed by the venue though. And the atmosphere was fantastic

thats great to know :) the ticket will be the presents for my brothers!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭kickarykee

I would so love to go there!
    I've seen Final Fantasy in concert in Germany in the course of the Games Convention there and it was incredible.
    Hope everyone had fun who was there! :D

Advertisement