Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned and mod wont reply

Options
  • 17-12-2010 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭

I got banned from AH yesterday. I pmd the mod as soon as it happened and still no reply.... What am I supposed to do now..??? :confused: :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

After hours? You should change the prefix to Rec so.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Will wrote: »
    After hours? You should change the prefix to Rec so.

Done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Gerry.L

What the hell is up with you people.... I tell you that I get banned from AH and the mod wont reply.... and the only replies I get here are telling me that I made a mistake in the title of this thread :eek: :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

It's important to have the correct category ... so the right people will be able to look at your complaint for you.

It looks like you were banned yesterday from After Hours, at 3:19 for Personal Abuse.

When I look for your recent posts in After Hours, I found this to be your last post ...
    Gerry.L wrote: »
    You trying to be funny... are you trying to be funny dickhead :mad:

This would appear to be personal abuse directed at a poster (quoted post removed) in that thread.

I'm not sure why the mod in question hasn't responded to you yet.

We normally ask people to allow mods 2 days to reply to PMs (as you'll see in the notice at the top of every DRP thread) ... but in this case, I'm guessing you are not willing to wait 2 days to dispute a 4 day ban, so I'm happy to listen to your complaint.

Oh sorry, I didnt know there was a 2 day wait. The mod just said in his pm that not to worry if he didnt reply straight away that it just meant he was offline and that he'd reply when he came back on. And then he didnt reply so I thought he was ignoring me.

And about the title... guess it did mean something important afterall. I just picked the first one I got because it wouldnt let me post otherwise. I still dont see what Rec means but anyway.. :confused::confused:

Yeh. Now thats cleared up. Im not disputing my ban.... I dont care about that. I just want to know did the other guy get banned.

trout wrote: »
    It's important to have the correct category ... so the right people will be able to look at your complaint for you.

It looks like you were banned yesterday from After Hours, at 3:19 for Personal Abuse.

When I look for your recent posts in After Hours, I found this to be your last post ...

This would appear to be personal abuse directed at a poster (quoted post removed) in that thread.

I'm not sure why the mod in question hasn't responded to you yet.

We normally ask people to allow mods 2 days to reply to PMs (as you'll see in the notice at the top of every DRP thread) ... but in this case, I'm guessing you are not willing to wait 2 days to dispute a 4 day ban, so I'm happy to listen to your complaint.

• Advertisement

I don't know if any other poster was banned arising out of that thread.

With respect, it's not something that will get air time here; if there were actions taken against other posters, that's not your concern.

This is supposed to be about your ban, your dispute, and your defence.

I'm guessing, in the absence of any detail, that you are unhappy with some post(s) in the run up to your most recent AH post ... which warranted the ban.

The best thing to do would have been to report the post, explaining exactly what aspect offends you and why ... and let the forum mods deal with it.

Instead, it looks like you reacted badly, for whatever reason, and resorted to personal abuse, which led directly to the ban.

Ok. How do I report a post. Do I just pm you is it....???? :confused:

Oh and in my own defence I was only calling him out on what he just said- I didnt see it as personal abuse.

I wasnt thinking 'oh I'll go out and pick a row with some random dude on boards over nothing'.

The way I see this, I just asked a general question.... and then he (granted in a round about way) called me a knacker... I call him out on it and then I get banned.

And now its looking like he got off scott free... And no offence to yourself, but you have pretty much said that its none of my business what happens him.

I dont get this is at all.... so pretty much in 2 or 3 days when my bans lifted I can go back on AH and make snide remarks at people and so long as they are indirect Im safe.

Calling someone a dickhead is personal abuse, no two ways about it.

You may have been provoked, but I'm still guessing as to what might have provoked you ... was it the mention of Dundalk? If the other post offended you ... you really should have reported it, not reacted to it.

To report a post, any post, just click on the icon that looks like this -> report.gif

Once you've reported a post, let the mods deal with it.

As you've found out, if you react ... you can pay the price.

When the ban lifts, come back to AH and have a read of the Charter ... that should help you out.

@ Admins - This is not a DRP thread - please close.

Wait a minute dont close this thread Im not done.

I really cant believe this.

If nothings going to be happening that other guy then I think my ban should be lifted.......

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

As has already been stated, how other posters are dealt with are not your concern, that is between the mods/CMods/admins and the person in question.

Your ban is a separate issue and has been dealt with. There are no grounds for lifting your ban, provoked or not you still engaged in personal abuse and received an appropriate punishment for this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement