Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Escape from Alcatraz triathlon

• 17-12-2010 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

I applied for this is in a moment of madness and I have since been lucky enough to get a place .

Has anyone here ever completed it ? How early do you travel , should I bring my own bike ? Any advice in general ?.

Looking forward to it but wont confirm place yet as I am off the knee since Sept due to injury.

Have a reasonable base but not the strongest and only completed 1 Olympic tri last year and about 5 sprints and some Adv races . Swimming about 2k a week now and spinning classes is keeping me going while the knee heals.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭griffin100

I got a place last year but ended up not taking it up. It's def on my to do list. I found a bile shop in San franciso that would rent a trek madone for the weekend quite cheaply (but can't remember link - should be easy enough to google). I think there is a thread on next years race on www. Tritalk.co.uk in the events forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭nomadic

I applied for this is in a moment of madness and I have since been lucky enough to get a place .

Has anyone here ever completed it ? How early do you travel , should I bring my own bike ? Any advice in general ?.

Looking forward to it but wont confirm place yet as I am off the knee since Sept due to injury.

Have a reasonable base but not the strongest and only completed 1 Olympic tri last year and about 5 sprints and some Adv races . Swimming about 2k a week now and spinning classes is keeping me going while the knee heals.
    I had a look at entering it because I'm looking for an excuse to go back to San Francisco. Great city. There's not near enough cycling in it though.

If your not bringing your own bike you can rent one over there. I worked in this place for a summer and it rents out giants. Plenty of people rented them for the escape from alcratraz.
    http://www.baycitybike.com/baybike/index.php

Advertisement