Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband not available

• 17-12-2010 6:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭

I've recently moved house, and contacted upc to move my tv and broadband to the new address. Tv was moved fine, but they say that broadband is not available in the new address.

Now to the crunch of my tale. My neighbour has access to broadband with upc and the technicians who installed my tv asked if I was interested in broadband because it was in the area. I said that of course I was interested but had been told I couldn't have it.

He set up the connection and plugged in the modem and router, all lights showing green....turn on lappy and get the upc self help page, tech checked the upstream and downstream levels....all fine.

Tech calls upc to ask if they'll set it up on my account that its working fine, told no that the service doesnt work at address. Queue conversation between techand call centre, then very frustrated tech comes off the phone and apologises that it wont be turned on.

I called and lodged a complaint asking for someone to come check if they didnt believe me and tech. That was lasy tuesday, any ideas on what I should do now?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

Hi have you put your address in broadband lne checker on upc home page if so what came up because upc wont bother dealing with you unless your home address pop up on there computers.There not much you can do that down sides of living in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

oh dear i would literally tear them a new one! one of the most frustrating things i have ever heard

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

They are probably at capacity in your area.

We had a similar nightmare with them.

Advertisement