Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Double Jobbers Out!

• 17-12-2010 7:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭

Was walking in town today in the O'Connell St. area and saw a few stickers with this slogan on those horrible grey plastic bins.
    What's it all about?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Someone wants twice the amount of Jobbers Out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Double Jobbers has been released at last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Going straight to dvd I believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Its for Moderators.

I've to choose between Mod'ing 'Self Defence & Martial Arts' and the 'Dublin City Forum' :mad:

'One Mod, One Job' now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I believe it's got something to do with politicians who are working in Brussels while also holding a seat in the Dail.. could be wrong though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Its for Moderators.

I've to choose between Mod'ing 'Self Defence & Martial Arts' and the 'Dublin City Forum' :mad:

'One Mod, One Job' now.

Well that's only fair. You lot have been hogging the coke and hookers too long now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The Brooklyn Brawler has to make a living too you know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

It's a taxi driver thing. They're bored with racism and have moved onto this.

-Funk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Its a Taxi Driver thing

They want to keep there gene-pool Taxi Driver Specific and pure from outsiders.

They see themselves as a pure breed of human & do not wish to allow any Untermenschen into there chosen trade.

They have also started a selective reproduction program & are rounding up Non-Irish & others who have a 2nd job into labour camps to be 're-educated'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Its a Taxi Driver thing

They see themselves as a pure breed of human & do not wish to allow any Untermenschen into there chosen trade.

They have also started a selective reproduction program & are rounding up Non-Irish & others who have a 2nd job into labour camps to be 're-educated'

Saw that on the news alrite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I believe it's got something to do with politicians who are working in Brussels while also holding a seat in the Dail.. could be wrong though
    Nah. More like the politicians "working" as teachers should quit their teacher job when they get elected. At the mo, if a full-time teacher becomes a politician, their post can not be filled in their absence with a permanent teacher; the school must employ subs. So if they taught for 5 years, became a politician for 30 years, when they stop being a politician, they can breeze back into the teacher job, or retire, and have both the teacher pension and the politician pension. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that'd be for being a teacher for five 35 years, and a politician for 30 years...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

What is it with taxi drivers and begrudgery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

They are so angry that its likely they will invade Poland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Ah, those f**kers. They can goto hell. I see naught wrong with the people I work with working in a taxi at the weekend. If the taxi people only have a problem with it now, as opposed to before taxis were deregulated, meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Double jobbers out?

One sh!t is plenty. :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

xzanti wrote: »

They are the most money hungry tightwads i've ever met.

If anyone is making more money than them they automatically go ape****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

Its a Taxi Driver thing

Gene pool specifics? Like the racism, stupidity and general lack of humanity. Next you'll tell me they want to take off their masks and prove their reptilian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Working mothers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

It is a skillful trade that the select few who have spent years perfecting their craft want to protect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Ironically it's actually a protest against confusing protest stickers, they have effectively highlighted the issue its just nobody realizes it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Is it seriously a taxi driver thing? That's fcuking rich if true. Who do they think they are to have any say over who can get into the business, even if it is part time? Nothing stopping those losers from taking up a second job if they feel so hard done by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Its for Moderators.

'One Mod, One Job' now.

Self Defence & Martial Arts, that counts as two, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭AntiMatter

Is it seriously a taxi driver thing? That's fcuking rich if true. Who do they think they are to have any say over who can get into the business, even if it is part time? Nothing stopping those losers from taking up a second job if they feel so hard done by.

I think, but i may be wrong, that it's about civil servants doubling as taxi drivers.

It just doesn't make as catchy a slogan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

kowloon wrote: »
    Self Defence & Martial Arts, that counts as two, right?

:eek: sshhh, don't do that, he will kick your as$

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Double Jobbers decrease the amount of taxi's on our road. They have identified a good way of making money, ie, take it in shifts to run a single cab, great idea and frankly i can't understand why irish taxi drivers dont do this! There is a hole in the market that can be penetrated. I'm a big fan of double penetration myself.....<tumble weed rolls by>.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭windsurfer99ie

the_syco wrote: »
    Nah. More like the politicians "working" as teachers should quit their teacher job when they get elected. At the mo, if a full-time teacher becomes a politician, their post can not be filled in their absence with a permanent teacher; the school must employ subs. So if they taught for 5 years, became a politician for 30 years, when they stop being a politician, they can breeze back into the teacher job, or retire, and have both the teacher pension and the politician pension. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that'd be for being a teacher for five 35 years, and a politician for 30 years...

You are wrong.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

krudler wrote: »
    It is a skillful trade that the select few who have spent years perfecting their craft want to protect.

The driving or the begrudgery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

They're really good at it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

if its so skillful - why do we see so many taxi drivers break the rules of the road EVERY day .... why do (almost) ALL taxi drivers have a Sat Nav ?

Dont get me wrong - taxi's if properly regulated - can provide a good service....but to be honest they are over priced and full of drivers who are on the roads so much they consider themselves to have a "devine right" to be on the roads and every other road user is beneath them.

they do not respect other road users, they do not acknowledge pedestrians, cyclists, motorbikes and in some cases even other cars/vans and trucks are expected to give way.....a taxi driver (and his driving) should be retested on a regular basis...or a continual basis.

I do think anyone who drives for a living should be subject to more testing than the ordinary road user - they are given the responsibility to "taxi" a person safely home or to their destination....we need to ensure they do so .... using the rules of the road and not the taxi version of rules of the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Somebody doesn't like the 69.

One job at a time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Nevore wrote: »
    Was walking in town today in the O'Connell St. area and saw a few stickers with this slogan on those horrible grey plastic bins.
    What's it all about?

Which City / Town ? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

There's no "skill" in being a taxi driver, in fact it tends to be a job for those with absolutely no marketable skills whatsoever.

Taxi driving is a low income job across the world, but the uneducated idiots think that they can go back to the good old days of regulation to restrict the supply to the consumer to inflate their wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭scrapsmac

I believe its called Jobbers or Yobbers... it might be a soft J. Apparently you double shift the same taxi. It's supposed to be wild!

PCPhoto wrote: »
    Dont get me wrong - taxi's if properly regulated - can provide a good service....but to be honest they are over priced

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you a professional photographer?..

Its a bit rich (pun) when a photographer points the finger and accuses a taxi driver, or anyone else for that matter as being "over priced".

Recently four passport sized photos - anything from €14-€20!.. No developing, 'snap - computer - printer' 2 minutes, no skills and me walking away feeling like I've been assraped.

Recent school photos - don't get me started on that one!.

Thank God when I got married a photographer friend covered the wedding as a present.

But anyway 'Double Jobbers Out' - seen those stickers on the rear window's of taxi's a lot in Dublin.. Its a pity their not putting them on the front window's, because I think thats the kind of cab driver I'd rather avoid.

The driving or the begrudgery?

They often do both together, tell me that isnt an art in itself. Trying to grab a breakfast roll and a copy of The Sun while being illegaly parked should be a national sport.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you a professional photographer?..

Its a bit rich (pun) when a photographer points the finger and accuses a taxi driver, or anyone else for that matter as being "over priced".

Recently four passport sized photos - anything from €14-€20!.. No developing, 'snap - computer - printer' 2 minutes, no skills and me walking away feeling like I've been assraped.

Recent school photos - don't get me started on that one!.

Thank God when I got married a photographer friend covered the wedding as a present.

But anyway 'Double Jobbers Out' - seen those stickers on the rear window's of taxi's a lot in Dublin.. Its a pity their not putting them on the front window's, because I think thats the kind of cab driver I'd rather avoid.

never seen a degree course in taxi driving...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

Some healthy racism from the Irish taxi community I see, this is why I
    refuse to get into a taxi with a white man :pac: I'm much happier getting
    the taxi driver to throw on some Nigerian music - usually Fela Kuti :cool:
    instead of FM104 :(

But yeah, err... Double Jobbers Out! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

This isn't really just more crap @ Nigerian taxi drivers is it? I've read some
    horrible comments on other forums just now but it doesn't seem to be
    solely focused on for'nurs...

Here's a comment on another forum I see the logic in & don't understand
    why this would be an issue:
    I am one of the ****wits who rushed into the buiss thinking that
    common sence would dawn on Kathleen and she would issue no more
    plates. I am a full time taxi driver who will have to look for a parttime job
    to suppliment my taxi income.Now francis some people will call me double
    jobbin scum but which is better for other drivers if I work two shifts extra
    a week as a taxi driver or try to find something else to boost my pay.
    http://irishtaxi.org/forum/index.php?topic=3780.0

So is this anger & hatred @ double jobbers just ridiculous?

never seen a degree course in taxi driving...

And a degree entitles you to a ton of money?.

Doesn't take a degree to point and shoot, stick your stuff on the computer, some processing and Bob's your uncle. And lets me honest about it, thats the majority of the work carried out by a photographer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Yeah, the job is a step above doormen in terms of intelligence required to do it...I think using the word craft might be pushing it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Doesn't take a degree to point and shoot, stick your stuff on the computer, some processing and Bob's your uncle. And lets me honest about it, thats the majority of the work carried out by a photographer.

to be honest your talking out your proverbial. if you think thats all there is to being professional photographer well, I dont really know what else to say, If you honestly think it, justifying whats entailed is probably wasted on you, but I assure you, thats not all it is.

to be honest your talking out your proverbial. if you think thats all there is to being professional photographer well, I dont really know what else to say, If you honestly think it, justifying whats entailed is probably wasted on you, but I assure you, thats not all it is.

You've just posted up a lot of nothing tbh.

Point, snap, process.. Maybe get your head around a bit of photoshop for the ugly people and your away in a hack, and you can charge what you like in a completely unregulated industry if your any way half talented.

Plus you can work a taxi on the side!.

Prove me wrong.

You've just posted up a lot of nothing tbh.

Point, snap, process.. Maybe get your head around a bit of photoshop for the ugly people and your away in a hack, and you can charge what you like in a completely unregulated industry if your any way half talented.

Plus you can work a taxi on the side!.

Prove me wrong.

i'm studying a degree in photography. i could possibly send you the subjects I study, the theories we learn, would that be enough. yes its an unregulated industry, your also only referring to one small element of photography, portraits, yes you can work as a taxi driver on the side, sure you can work as anything on the side.

All i'm saying is, comparing pricings of a taxi, and the work of a photographer, is comparing chalk and cheese

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I have to say that of all the possible ways this could have gone off topic, I never would have pictured this....

Nodin wrote: »
    I have to say that of all the possible ways this could have gone off topic, I never would have pictured this....

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭redeight

Lets not lose our focus on the bigger picture !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Nodin wrote: »

Someone really has to shutter up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Jumpy wrote: »
    Someone really has to shutter up.

I think the debate is needed, but we shouldn't just zoom in on the negatives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭AntiMatter

I don't like the way this thread is developing.

A sh1t photographer maybe. Sure film directors,all they do is tell people where to point a camera, music conductors only wave a stick about, sure all jobs are easy why does anyone deserve to be paid for anything :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement