Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modern Europe exam

Options
  • 17-12-2010 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I'm so confused. How are we suppose to cite our information and do footnotes in the exam. Any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

wollywaka wrote: »
    I'm so confused. How are we suppose to cite our information and do footnotes in the exam. Any ideas??

The best you can do under time pressure is (Smith, 2010) after the text you want to cite. You could mention texts but dont spend all your time on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 wollywaka

The best you can do under time pressure is (Smith, 2010) after the text you want to cite. You could mention texts but dont spend all your time on it

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Zephyr91

I'm confused about how we're supposed to study for this! We could be asked anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭surm00

We're supposed to reference in the exam? News to me.

Zephyr - I agree, the course was far too general. Total war? Could they be any more historically ambiguous?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

You don't have to reference like you do essays but if you say something like 'According to John Smith, Hitler wasn't a nice guy' then that is looked upon well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 D4LYFE

absolute joke of a module the exam makes no sense...there isnt enough info 2 do an exam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I remember when I did this module Malinowski's lecture slides were fairly useless because he uses pictures, you have to take a lot of notes in his lectures anyway (great lecturer though). But I did ok in this, you can be pretty general with your answers and get away with it.

Advertisement