Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hepatitis vaccine costs

Options
  • 17-12-2010 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Perhaps not the best place to ask this, but generally I found this community to be more responsible regarding these types of topic.

What is the cost for the Hep A+B vaccine from a local GP?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭daveo90

People generally get these vaccines going away, would people recommend to get these anyway?

http://www.d2medical.ie/travel_vaccine_centre.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 68,705 ✭✭✭✭L1011

70 a go for 3 goes for Twinrix wouldn't be uncommon; that D2 Medical price seems quite good except they only seem to do the seperate vaccines. There will be other places doing similar deals.

The vaccine itself costs the doctor about 18 quid from memory, the rest is the fees for doing it; it'll generally be the practice nurse if they have one.

The GMHP do some vaccination free but I've no idea which of the vaccines they do:

Basically there's three vaccines, Energix for Hepatitis B, Hepatyrix or Havrix for Hepatitis A, and Twinrix for A & B. All three need three shots

Its well worth getting it, seeing as its something relatively common yet preventable. There's parts of Europe where what would be huge %'s of the population by Irish standards have Hep A or B so if your tastes head eastwards, definitely get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

GMHS does hepatitis vaccines for free

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement