Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voda DSL Username & Password?

• 17-12-2010 8:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I've been provided with laptop to enable me to work from home. It has been configured with remote access.

The helpdesk in work told me that I would need a dsl username and password from my provider and right enough when I launch the remote access icon it asks me for it.

I'm with vodafone home broadband, any idea what this username and password might be?

Been on hold to voda technical support for ages :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Not sure if you got this sorted but ran into same problem before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Daemonic wrote: »
    Not sure if you got this sorted but ran into same problem before.

Trying that and various combinations but it's not working for me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

When I was thrown over to vodafone, I was told that there were 3 versions.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67213595
    According to support the most likely replacement username password combinations are:

---

Username: <your full phonenumber without starting 0>@vodafone.ie
    pass:broadband

for example.
    if number is (09096)12345
    username: 909612345@vodafone.ie

---
    Username:vodafone@vodafone.ie
    ---
    <your full phonenumber>@vodafone.ie

for example: 0909612345@vodafone.ie

I think that's unusual. Why would the DSL password be needed by remote access software? Do you have a working internet connection through your own vodafone router?

Usually, once the internet is working on the laptop, it would only use a workplace VPN username and password or certificate.

Unless the router was in bridge mode (and you don't want that), then I don't think that the VPN software can reconnect over the existing connection. I'd guess that there's an incorrect setting in the VPN software config. Shouldn't be connecting using PPPoE or PPPoA, should set to be a direct connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Hey ressem,

Not sure exactly was the story is but basically there is an in house developed program that I launch.
    When the service desk in work installed the software for me they said to contact my isp (vodafone) for the dsl username and password.

A window pops up saying connect or exit. When I hit connect I get a window asking for dsl username. I enter that and then get asked for dsl password.

I have tried all three combinations above but to no avail, I keep geting error message "remote access error 678 - the remote computer did not respond"

I dont have internet working on laptop either,

There is also a dameware mini remote control server in the tray saying permission required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

I'd suspect that they're assuming that you're using a vodafone mobile broadband device (where you would be required to provide these details.
    An out-of-date support script?). Are the instructions / set-up different for those on Eircom/ BT DSL?

Maybe I'm wrong. Sure you'll see what''s the story tomorrow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement