Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Websites, Facebook and Custom Tabs

Options
  • 17-12-2010 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Does anyone know how you go about having your purpose designed externally hosted webpage or website appear under a customised tab like "shop now" in Facebook? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Feckfox

Moskovio wrote: »
    Does anyone know how you go about having your purpose designed externally hosted webpage or website appear under a customised tab like "shop now" in Facebook? Thanks

Do you have any examples of what you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Moskovio

Hi Feckfox,

A couple of examples of "Shop Now" tabs on facebook can be seen on the pages of "God is an astronaut" and "The Wright Venue". In the first case a new Irish Company called Owjo are providing the technology using Flash and you can complete your purchase without ever leaving Facebook (The "Shop" is hosted by Owjo). In the second case an App has been written and would be hosted by Facebook. Should you wish to make a purchase you are taken off-site to the vendors own site to complete the purchase.

My question therefore is this. Is it possible to have a "Shop Now" tab which when clicked brings up (within the Facebook page) a standard html website that is NOT hosted by Facebook.

I'm pretty sure the answer is no because otherwise Companies would be doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭conorcan2

Yes, it's possible. I'm not sure if you can do it through an iframe though, you might need to learn Facebook proprietary languages?

Edit: The last time I coded with Facebook, it was more difficult to include a webpage in a tab rather than as an application on its own page...I think you have to use FBML so it might be tricky.

Thanks for that Conor. Don't suppose you know anyone who IS familiar with FBML?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭conorcan2

Moskovio wrote: »
    Thanks for that Conor. Don't suppose you know anyone who IS familiar with FBML?

No, sorry.

Have you tried joining the Facebook developer forums?

• Advertisement

I'll do that. Thanks for the advice.

Advertisement