Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what glue to use on underwater housing?

• 17-12-2010 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

i bought a housing off ebay for dirt cheap and no wonder, it turned out to be broken. there is a lens port that attaches to the the body and this wont stay on:( i am still trying to get money back cos i bought it with paypal so fnger crossed but if i keep it i was thinking of glueing it on.

i don't need to remove the lens port cos i don't have any of the converter lenses for the camera but what would i use to stick it and would it be secure enough for the pressure underwater? its made out of polycarbonate. i'm guessing some special cement or something like that. anyone know anybody who might have some experience doing something like this?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

I suggest you bin it & buy a new one from a reputable source-no matter what glue you get the water will have a knack at exploiting any weakness it can find under pressure.

Using Murphys Law it will flood during your best Red-Sea dive with dozens of super snaps that you want to show to your mates in the pub...bye bye camera & bye bye photos.

Is the camera worth it?;)

Advertisement