Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kettle of Fish - worst experience EVER

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

We were in there last night and while waiting for our food the 'foreign owner/cook/manager' was in a row with a couple about a chicken burger or something.

Ive always been a fan of theres but he has a rotten attitude and the food has been going downhill for the last few months, although they still do the best Goujons ive ever had.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

inisboffin wrote: »
    Not sure under what grounds I could complain to health inspector at *this* stage. I have a strong stomach, but did feel a bit iffy. Didn't take piece of fish with me, and fish can smell and be off without actually giving you full on food poisoning. Could even have been freezer burn or picked up a smell if improperly stored. Wasn't edible to me though.

You can report a kitchen that you suspect isn't following protocol without any proof. They will be visited by an EHO unannounced and reviewed. The EHO gives a report, tells them what they need to fix and gives them a timeframe to fix it, if thats not met the EHO can, at their own call, close them down until they comply. After that, they will be spot checked fairly regularly for a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Update on this:

The (one of) the owner(s) got in touch with us. She was very apologetic and sounded genuinely concerned and upset that this had happened. She agreed and stated that absolutely a customer should have been given a full refund if there's anything up with food, and stated that all staff are told that. She also said if it is quiet, customers may have to wait a bit for food to be fresh cooked, and does not know why we were given the scrag end of chips at all.
    She asked that one of us drop in and gave us her mobile in case it is not convenient for us on a certain day. I assume to offer a refund for the rest we paid. She thanked us for letting them know.

Fair play to her for admitting full responsibility for the situation, and I hope it changes the experience in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Did you contact her directly about it, or is it as a result of this thread? Just as a matter of interest...

Ficheall wrote: »
    Did you contact her directly about it, or is it as a result of this thread? Just as a matter of interest...

Left a message (at their other premises) for them to contact us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

inisboffin wrote: »
    Left a message (at their other premises) for them to contact us.

Other premises?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

soundbyte wrote: »
    Other premises?

There's a KoF out in Gort

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I haven't been in Kettle of Fish since a friend of mine was asked to leave one night after complaining. He wasn't drinking either by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

used to go there on an evening before a night out (and sometimes after the night out), but the service has really dropped in the last 6 months, orders never being correct, food not fully cooked (or cooked at all in one case),
    ordering food and then being told they wont cook it because it takes too long but then taking the same order off a couple that arrive in after, and one occasion and order was taken and paid for and then waited 20 mins before they put the order on to cook!!! :eek:
    since then I have never gone back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

I haven't eaten there in ages, but the last time it was pretty mank tbh, which was a shame, as when it opened first it was lovely. It's not hard to get fish and chips right, so getting it wrong is pretty abysmal.

• Advertisement

Just an update on this. The owners made extra effort to get in contact with us and gave me a full refund. They also offered for us to come in any time at our convenience for a meal on them. If that same guy is working, I likely won't ever go in there again, but if not I will probably take them up on their offer out of goodwill.

In fairness to them they were vary apologetic, and I hope the place sees improvements for their sake.
    It is always worth ringing the owner with stuff like this, as they may/may not know about this, and they are the ones that have most to lose at the end of the day from bad customer experiences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Seaneh wrote: »
    You can report a kitchen that you suspect isn't following protocol without any proof. They will be visited by an EHO unannounced and reviewed. The EHO gives a report, tells them what they need to fix and gives them a timeframe to fix it, if thats not met the EHO can, at their own call, close them down until they comply. After that, they will be spot checked fairly regularly for a few months.

Exactly what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Since KoF now are aware of the issues and will rectify them I'll close this.
    It is always worth ringing the owner with stuff like this, as they may/may not know about this, and they are the ones that have most to lose at the end of the day from bad customer experiences.
    This.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement