Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best chippers...

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

is that a single fryer just for chicken?

Yes, it has a lid as well. This is not the Chicken hut one. His are round pots. This the one most places use.

fryer.jpg

You see, pressure fried Chicken is 98% fat free when cooked because it uses pressure to cook using its own juices rather than the oil as a normal "open fryer" would. It simply makes a juicier, healthier chicken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

Berty wrote: »
    Yes, it has a lid as well. This is not the Chicken hut one. His are round pots. This the one most places use.

fryer.jpg

You see, pressure fried Chicken is 98% fat free when cooked because it uses pressure to cook using its own juices rather than the oil as a normal "open fryer" would. It simply makes a juicier, healthier chicken.

did you see the guy on tv deep frying the whole turky, tasted like crap i think but novelty value high.

I don't know. I'd have to taste it. I'm actually making my own deep fried chicken for dinner later. I have chinese batter, cheapo dunnes chicken fillets, and a cheapo fryer(with fresh oil though finally).

I once cooked an Average sized Roast Chicken in 14.30 minutes in a high speed oven once. The oven costs around €11,000 but it tasted fine. I know a Costcutter in Scariff who cook their chickens like this when they receive an order from somebody by phone. Fresh when they arrive. :D

There is a chipper in Bruff, not Claires Classic Chicken, whom have one of those Pressure Fryers. I spent a long time making sure the settings were correct. They are using the breading myself and a colleague designed. Its fairly spicy/salty but DAMN its good stuff. :D

I just cannot think of the name of the place. Two brothers so possibly their names or something.

I don't know. I'd have to taste it. I'm actually making my own deep fried chicken for dinner later. I have chinese batter, cheapo dunnes chicken fillets, and a cheapo fryer(with fresh oil though finally).

I once cooked an Average sized Roast Chicken in 14.30 minutes in a high speed oven once. The oven costs around €11,000 but it tasted fine. I know a Costcutter in Scariff who cook their chickens like this when they receive an order from somebody by phone. Fresh when they arrive. :D

There is a chipper in Bruff, not Claires Classic Chicken, whom have one of those Pressure Fryers. I spent a long time making sure the settings were correct. They are using the breading myself and a colleague designed. Its fairly spicy/salty but DAMN its good stuff. :D

I just cannot think of the name of the place. Two brothers so possibly their names or something.

damn you berty, wish I wasn't at work now. call ovewr to eat your chicken sounds great.

I'm in dooradoyle and nothing good foodwise here. slaterys ballycummin insist on selling burgers with raw onions - fish soaked in oil and chips like shards of glass
    that chipper accross from collin's bar has been closed more than open i think and very suspect food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

humberklog wrote: »
    First impression was "this looks like bike courier's base office". Blue with flashes of yellow with a desk and a hatch...but mostly blue. Blue lights? Or white lights bouncing off the walls and making everything (including my food) look blue.

Are we sure those Blue lights are less for decorum and more to do with helping stop junkies from tapping a vein much like the toilets in Dublin Bus station. ?? (joking of course for the more serious readers of this section of boards)

~B

• Advertisement

Badger. I made that Chicken tonight and made a pigs ear of it. You're better off to be fair.

The batter was nice, the numpty doing the simple task of dipping and frying wasn't too bright though. :(

Badger. I made that Chicken tonight and made a pigs ear of it. You're better off to be fair.

The batter was nice, the numpty doing the simple task of dipping and frying wasn't too bright though. :(
    What went wrong with it? I've fried chicken lots of times. I've always foung you need to coat it at least twice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

the chicken really needs that gravy for some reason. any idea how they make it...... or maybe I don't need to know. A lad I work with said you would never fly again if you turned left at the door of the plane as saw he pilots..............

I once heard that the gravy is the used oil from the bottom of the deep fryer!!

Berty will obviously set the story straight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Mc Love wrote: »

If it was made from dog poo on the street i'd still eat it by the bucketload. Freda's in Killeely does a pretty nice gravy too.

Mc Love wrote: »

Yes it is but he would filter out the oil and use the breading with a little of the oil + some flour and his secret mix of herbs to make his gravy.

The fryer I sold had a filter in it which collected the oil and separated the breading meaning you could reuse the oil and dump the breading. When I suggested it to him I was ran from the place. :D

Do I know his secret to his gravy? No but I know a man who does. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

OK HELP!

Other fellas got a dose of the muchies and is in the humour for a chipper - who/what's open late around town please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

sioda wrote: »
    Chicken hut chicken fillet burger is one of the best in existence imho.

I have travelled the world. Im not kidding, I have been to about 32 countries in all and I have never found anything quite so good as the Chicken Hut fillet burger.

It seriously is the business.

The only thing that has come close in taste is a gyros from a tiny shop on one of the greek islands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Chicken Hut is my favorite chipper in town and the Chicken Fillet burger is the best,

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Skottoman

My first time every in Ireland (2005), first time ever in Limerick. As an American tourist I stumbled one evening into the chicken hut, because I was drunk and starving. Looked cheap and fast. I got a chicken burger of some sort, and ate it.

Little did I know that I had stumbled on the Limerick Institution that is "Chicken Hut".

Awesome!
    Cheers,
    Skottoman

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Ok, back down this week. Will give this chicken burger a go. Is there a Hillbilly's in Limerick? just in case this visit is the same as the last one (poor).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Don't have a hill billies but i've heard good things about it.

Speaking of limk chicken, that chick-king place did'nt last long.

Don't have a hill billies but i've heard good things about it.

Speaking of limk chicken, that chick-king place did'nt last long.

that place was rancid. chicken was the worst ever dripping in stale grease

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

fryer.jpg

I used work in Superbites in Abbeyfeale and they had the round pot one. Definitely tanks of things and it used to make lovely chicken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,280 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Bring back Friar Tuck's for their infamous donar kebab and curry chips.

drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

I agree Friar Tucks was the best salad chips and kebab yummmmmmmmm

• Advertisement
Advertisement