Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford taxi drivers

• 17-12-2010 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭

If you are a taxi driver or you know one,tell them they don't own the fecking roads.

They are doing my head in lately,no consideration for other drivers.

Rant over :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

If you are a taxi driver or you know one,tell them they don't own the fecking roads.

They are doing my head in lately,no consideration for other drivers.

Rant over :mad:
    tell us a bit more info instead of starting a thread just to rant without actually telling us what happened???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

i find taxi drivers very good actually. lots of experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

One instance tonight,i was coming up Arundel Square,just outside River Island and there was a taxi stopped with the driver in the car,and a girl in the car park spaces trying to get out,but the driver would not move so the girl looks at me as to say 'i cant move to leave you by, he has to move',i look at him to say 'come on boy get out of the way',to which he replies 'im waiting for someone',to which i reply 'move the **** out of the way',so he reluctantly moves.

Just one instance tonight,not the first in the last while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Was he Black,or cocasion.

marlin vs wrote: »
    Was he Black,or cocasion.

Nothing to do with race,he was a townie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I have generally found taxi drivers ok. Met a few that are so racist they'd make Hitler feel awkward but all in all as fas as using them I couldn't complain.

The "protests" on the otherhand make me want to actually drive them into the sea but that is a separate issue.

Look im not painting them all with the same brush,but most of them do think the own the roads,be they local or other.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Bloody locusts! they're everywhere and constantly holding up traffic outside dunnes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Nothing to do with race,he was a townie.
    The worst! I surmised he was white trash.:D Call a spade a spade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

some are sound and others i wouldnt even get into the car if they pulled up outside and offered me a free lift,,

• Advertisement

marlin vs wrote: »
    The worst! I surmised he was white trash.:D Call a spade a spade.

Yeah there is a lot we could say about them lot,but im talking about local drivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Yawn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    Yawn.

What a brilliant post! It's funny and insightful at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

5 different types I've experienced.
    1. The 'No Bother' boys.
      Seem like nice people just making a living, and will go out of their way to lend you a hand e.g. taking shortcuts and waiting for friends.
    2. The Yeps.
      Just there to do the job and get paid. Will take you from A to B without saying a word or even looking sideways at you.
    3. The Shite Dont Stinks.
      Will take the longest router possible while trying not to make it obvious. Then insists they know best when called on it.Taxi is going from Kilcohan to St. Otterans and turns towards Tramore.
      "Eh why arent we going up the Folly, its faster?"
      "Nah bud this will be easier, less traffic."
      "Buts its longer and I want the shortest route."
      "Im telling you its faster. I'd know, I've been doing this for years!"
      Yeah and youve been feckin fleecin me since the outer ring road opened.
    4. The Racists/Politicans.
      Oh yeah. No definitely. Yep. Africans getting more money. Yup. Bad drivers and that. Polish eating the swans is it? Sure thats Fianna Fail and the government for ya. Sure you know best boy. Youve seen it all. :rolleyes:
    5. That Guy.
      "Cherrymount please."
      "Sorry bud, not goin that way."
      "....eh?"
      "Ill bring you as far as Sacred Heart, then I'm back in here."
      "Are you serious?"
      "Take it or leave it."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

I hate how they block the pedestrian crossing between dunnes and a-wear. Really gets in the way of driving around the corner. Saw one(in a toyota picnic) getting an earful from the cops today for that reason as there were hundreds of people milling around doing their christmas shopping.

I usually drink in the uluru and the lads that use the lidl carpark as their rank are good ones. No probs with them at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Damn, life is hard eh.

Boooourns wrote: »
    Damn, life is hard eh.

Nah not really.

Nah not really.

Really?

Really?

Maybe it is for you,but for others it isn't,enjoy your life while you can we only have one chance at it.

Maybe it is for you,but for others it isn't,enjoy your life while you can we only have one chance at it.

"for others it isn't" hmmm i think you need to see a bit of the World mate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭newportwex

"for others it isn't" hmmm i think you need to see a bit of the World mate.

Boooourns knows the score.

I like you Boooourns.

How many points did you get in the leaving cert?

Also, please describe yourself in 5 words or less....

newportwex wrote: »
    Boooourns knows the score.

I like you Boooourns.

How many points did you get in the leaving cert?

Also, please describe yourself in 5 words or less....

Is it a bird, is it a plane, noooooo it's the keyboard warrior. He will stun you by using great putdowns taken from his huge mind and then use his most effective weapon of a sarcastic smiley.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

Sweet Jesus,

Could we kindly please grow up a little bit and return to the topic at hand? Thank you

Edit: Luckily the next two posters caught me in a good mood. To make this clear if it kicks off again it's a one week ban.

Topic cleaned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Taxi driver's are like women,you can't live with them and you can't kill them.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

Taxi driver's are like women,you can't live with them and you can't kill them.:rolleyes:

well you could if you wanted..live with them and or kill them:D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭uncle-mofo

It's been next to impossible to get out from town for the last few weekends, theres always a huge queue by the nightclubs and about one taxi coming every 10 minutes. Plenty of business for them there.

uncle-mofo wrote: »
    It's been next to impossible to get out from town for the last few weekends, theres always a huge queue by the nightclubs and about one taxi coming every 10 minutes. Plenty of business for them there.

It's that what annoys me when I hear about their 15hour days and only making €50. If you hit that rank by Apache Pizza at half 2 on a Saturday night you can be waiting for a while. They are just choosing not to do the busiest times.

I remember and I'm sure allot here do back say 5/6 years ago when you would be waiting at Least 30min for a taxi. And it would be chaos no sign of any car for 10min and they'd be a scramble for it. Was madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

ziedth wrote: »
    They are just choosing not to do the busiest times.

Can't say I blame them. I wouldn't give drunk strangers a lift in my car, even if they paid me. I certainly wouldn't do it week after week.

Oh I can't blame them either,

but what I'm saying is you can't complain about the **** money if your choosing to not work the busiest say 5/6 hours in the week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭uncle-mofo

dayshah wrote: »
    Can't say I blame them. I wouldn't give drunk strangers a lift in my car, even if they paid me. I certainly wouldn't do it week after week.

That's their job though? I don't understand why they're saying theres too many taxi drivers when the last two weekends I've been waiting about 2 hours for a taxi. That place is an absolute gold mine. If anyones wondering the best way to get a taxi is to walk out past Harveys towards the Cork road and you've got a better chance of flagging one down.

Advertisement