Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless issue, please help!

Options
  • 17-12-2010 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone!

I having bit of wireless issue here. I was browsing the internet as all of sudden the it's gets very laggy. I decided to reset the router. I know straightaway the name of my connection was changed from "Home" to " Home" a space at the beginning of the name. I was a bit freaked out, so I tried to into login my router settings to see what was going on. I could get on at all. Now my connection does appear when I search for it.

I reckon someone hacked my WPA2 personal password changed the password and made my connection invisible from view. I have no idea what to do.

I'm on UPC, netgear WGR614v7, running windows 7 and OSX.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

wpa2 is supposedly very difficult to break. So you may have very teccy neighbours if this has happened.

Do a google search for hacking wpa2.

Anyway I would say that your best bet is to reset the router. There is usually a pinhole type socket at the back of the router - holding this in for a few seconds usually restores the router to factory settings and you should be able to access it then in the usual way and setup the network again.

If you dont want to completely reset it you could try access it by ethernet and this would allow you to see if any changes have been made.

Advertisement