Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Week 16

• 17-12-2010 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭

laligaweek16.png

A few good games this weekend, Espanyol v Barca really should be cracker, i'm looking forward to this one a lot, Espanyol have a 100% home record from 7 games and Barca have a 100% away record from 7 games, something has to give here.

Real Madrid v Sevilla probably won't be as good as the last few years but you would think Sevilla might be able to get themselves up for a trip to the Bernabaeu.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Bilbao should win away which means they'll lose 1-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

I have an exam at six, and am looking forward immensely to coming home to Barcelona and dinner. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Morf wrote: »
    Bilbao should win away which means they'll lose 1-0.

Bilbao actually won, 1-2 :eek: Villareal win again too.

Pedro just makes it 1-0 to Barca, lovely pass from Messi, lovely finish from Pedro.

Xavi, 2-0, could be another high scoring game the way things are going.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I think Xavi might've been off second time round there..

I wonder how long Mascherano would survive without being sent off in this game. Not a hope of 22 men finishing the game :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I can't get over how much better Pedro is getting every game, he's doing a Busquets, he is looking so confident. Can we play Arsenal tomorrow plz!? :D

Oavaldo pulls one back, Valdes finally concedes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Yer man throwing something from the crowd was snared by the balls!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

MOG7 wrote: »
    Bilbao actually won, 1-2 :eek:
    Luckiest team ever! Levante were excellent and completely outplayed Bilbao, I have no idea how they lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

1-5 Villa.

Xavi with a lovely pass.

• Advertisement

I'd hate to be an Arsenal fan right now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

5-1

Pedro, Xavi, Pedro, Villa, Villa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I'd hate to be an Arsenal fan right now :D

I think at the moment its probably worse to be an Espanyol fan ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Is this Barca side better than the Brazil team of 1970?? It's only ever gonna be a matter of opinion, i suppose.

But people go on about that Brazil side and rightly so. But Barca have been doing this for a few years now. They're amazing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

It's nice to see Villa hitting some form. He was looking a bit miserable while celebrating other players goals before the Clasico.

5-1

Pedro, Xavi, Pedro, Villa, Villa

12 goals against Espanyol away, Valencia and Real Madrid and Messi not scoring once.. :eek: The lad is in reserve...

The Anoeta is probably my favourite ground to watch from in Spain..

I must also applaude the Espanyol fans for the reaction they gave to Iniesta because of his Dani Jarque tribute at the WC final, losing 5-1 against city rivals and they were still good enough to appreciate Iniesta's tribute, well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Screamer of a free kick from Costa, entertaining game some tasty tackles in it.

1-1 HT

Good co-commentator, whoever he is. Sounds like Nigel Spackman, only more knowledgable..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

dfx- wrote: »
    Good co-commentator, whoever he is. Sounds like Nigel Spackman, only more knowledgable..

In russian for me :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ah what a terrible clearance from the keeper...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

dfx- wrote: »

David Philips. He is a fúcking tool. Loves the sound of his own voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Absolutely stunning control from Ronaldo. 60 yard cross field ball, stops it dead on his knee, couple more solos, then his trademark backheel pass.:D

Makes up for all the other games being cancelled.

:pac: Carvalho sent off. Second yellow. Not much in it, clash of heads but he had his elbow up, and from ref's view looked like he elbowed him. You could argue his first yellow deserved a red too.

Finally, Real take the lead, 75th min.

Di Maria with a brilliant finish, draws out the keeper, then cuts back outside to the line and finishes from a very tight angle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,423 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Typical ,fecking typical.
    Real down to 10 men and Sevilla decide to play for a draw ,sitting back and encouraging Real onto them.
    They had a great chance to score but the clown blew the ball over the bar when it would have been easier to score.
    You'd think Sevilla were the team with 10 men .

Dabo off as well now. Di Maria getting a bit of unwanted attention from the Sevilla players at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Typical ,fecking typical.
    Real down to 10 men and Sevilla decide to play for a draw ,sitting back and encouraging Real onto them.
    They had a great chance to score but the clown blew the ball over the bar when it would have been easier to score.
    You'd think Sevilla were the team with 10 men .

The Bernabeu really holds a fear factor for teams. They get into the final third and they implode. Sevilla really bottled it today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Pity Sevilla started without any strikers tonight. They may have won otherwise.

Real really knuckled down after going down to 10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

what happened second half? 12 bookings and 2 sent off in 45 mins....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

No goals from ronaldo or messi that must be a first this season is it ? Both should be dropped :)

monkey9 wrote: »
    Is this Barca side better than the Brazil team of 1970?? It's only ever gonna be a matter of opinion, i suppose.

But people go on about that Brazil side and rightly so. But Barca have been doing this for a few years now. They're amazing!!

Have you ever seen the out-take video of the Brazil 1970 team? It's hilarious, some awful passes, free kicks skyed about 20 yards over the bar, a bad back pass that lead to a goal, a shot that goes out for a throw etc.. It was on the guardian youtube classic section months back.

The bit of skill by Ronaldo I mentioned earlier:

For some unknown reason, they cut out the actual pass.:confused:

The bit of skill by Ronaldo I mentioned earlier:

For some unknown reason, they cut out the actual pass.:confused:

I missed the game but what did they cut? By the looks of things the ball was just knocked out pf play, some good control and a couple flicks from Ronaldo, nothing special imo...

• Advertisement

I missed the game but what did they cut? By the looks of things the ball was just knocked out pf play, some good control and a couple flicks from Ronaldo, nothing special imo...

I meant at the start, it's a diagonal 60 yard pass. Controlling it that easily is special.

Advertisement