Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool Pictures Thread (no chat)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

VzNvpcI.jpg

Mod Note: Moving this to Cool Pictures.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

387157.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

0g0Woej.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

chy0sff5ip.jpg

386773.jpg

• Advertisement

C3k_YjPWQAI7OHp.jpg:large

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

__31e8a11229f114fc6840b4032003f017_width-600.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,608 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Cave of Crystals in Mexico.

crystal-cave-615.jpg

Cave-of-the-Crystals-2.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

1V1xyN5.jpg

• Advertisement

happy-life-facts-64-586394258f9df__700.jpg

happy-life-facts-4-586393a17c414__700.jpg

Slushie waves

Slurpee-Waves-5894ad621bb8b__880.jpg

'These frozen wave photos were taken on my daily surf check. When I pulled up to the beach I could see the horizon just look strange. When I got to the top off the dunes I saw that beginning about 300 yards away from the shoreline the ocean was starting to freeze. The high temp that day was around 19 degrees. The wind was howling from the southwest which would typically make rough or choppy conditions not so good for surfing, but since the surface of the sea was frozen slush the wind did not change the shape. What resulted was perfect, dreamy, slush waves. Most waves were around 2 feet with some larger sets slushing through around 3 foot or waist high. What an experience to be absolutely freezing on the beach watching these roll in while I mind- surfed them! I wonder if a shaper can make me a special designed Slurpee board? The next day I drove up to see if they melted but beginning that same 300 yards away from shore the water had frozen solid and there were no waves at all. I’ve been asking all the fishermen and surfers I know if they have ever seen such a thing and they have all reported that this is a first, a result of it being the coldest winter we’ve had in 81 years. I guess the people I asked weren’t old enough to remember a colder winter than this!'

MORE HERE.

Frost on cars

frozen-car-art-winter-frost-5-588090393ae5d__700.jpg

frozen-car-art-winter-frost-12-588090519dbc2__700.jpg

MORE HERE.

THe-whole-problem-with-the-world.jpg

Life-from-death.jpg

A tree growing on a sunken trunk.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

6CZk5Tp.jpg?1

By Bill Watterson, maker of Calvin and Hobbes.

shm82hjc56.jpg

7zppm1tply.jpg

• Advertisement

f7ir5yjjjc.jpg

390259.jpg

I disagree with the second-last statement, but the rest is cool

1387554.jpg

gm71ydc4p5.jpg

390686.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

C4YCCfKW8AA9y7E.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

26k8Ca9.jpg

Ugly

zNrQTqf.jpg

Accessorise

btQqqqM.jpg

dentist-wheres-waldo-ceiling-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

Meanwhile, in Memphis in the mid-1970s ...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLevyXvAoIcJ0ToFPDcP2ZgF4eWP4LnaK3zILkl-P7hE5hThts

Advertisement