Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

when can you change a module for semester 2?

Options
  • 17-12-2010 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

I read before that there's a chance to do this over the holidays sometime - anyone have a specific date? Thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Registration re-opens January 6th! Feel free to join me as I unreg myself from Intro to Programming 2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Zephyr91

It's a date, haha. Thanks!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

So long as it's not a core module you can do it online. If it is, just pop into your programme office over the holidays and they'll sort it out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Conor108 wrote: »
    Registration re-opens January 6th! Feel free to join me as I unreg myself from Intro to Programming 2 :)

Wise, wise person.

I created my own computer language in the final :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭brokenhinge

TTYL Japanese.. It's been a hoot.

• Advertisement

So long as it's not a core module you can do it online. If it is, just pop into your programme office over the holidays and they'll sort it out for you.

Woah where can you do this?? It's not core!

EDIT: Ohhhhh guessing you mean you can do it online on January 6th as opposed to now. How do we now what modules have places left?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

If it's not core you don't have a problem. You can do it all online the same way ye registered at the start of term.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I wish I could :( It's a core module for me.

Dreading the exam for Intro to Programming I on Tuesday - the past papers look very odd (I know it's a different language, but even the general format looks difficult).

I wish I could :( It's a core module for me.

Dreading the exam for Intro to Programming I on Tuesday - the past papers look very odd (I know it's a different language, but even the general format looks difficult).

I know what you mean! Seriously doubt my chances of passing the module :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I know what you mean! Seriously doubt my chances of passing the module :(

Don't worry, hopefully we'll be fine! You probably have some marks accumulated from the assignments, so you will just need to get enough marks in the exam to bring it to 40% - that's my hope anyway :o

• Advertisement

Don't worry, hopefully we'll be fine! You probably have some marks accumulated from the assignments, so you will just need to get enough marks in the exam to bring it to 40% - that's my hope anyway :o

Yeah same! My last exam anyway so hopefully it'll be ok and then the -1000 C temperature on the way home will make me forget it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

Xhristy wrote: »

Thanks! Hopefully it'll go ok! The language is C++ this year.

The hardest part will be writing down correct code with a pen and paper, not something I'm used to, doing coding on the computer (where you can easily add in bits that you have missed, even between two lines of existing code). Hopefully it'll go ok though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭conbob

TTYL Japanese.. It's been a hoot.

japanese l and c 1 is it? how did you find it?

conbob wrote: »
    japanese l and c 1 is it? how did you find it?

I'm doing that next semester too! I think it sounds pretty good:)

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

Hahaha. same here.

Took intro 1 as it was the recommended in-programme elctive for radiographers. For us it's called 'comp programming for radiography' but it's the intro course. All the radiographers who chose it want to drop out of it for sem 2.

Horrible course.

Hahaha. same here.

Took intro 1 as it was the recommended in-programme elctive for radiographers. For us it's called 'comp programming for radiography' but it's the intro course. All the radiographers who chose it want to drop out of it for sem 2.

Horrible course.

It's dire! How you set for tomorrow?

Advertisement