Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Immortal Strabane

• 17-12-2010 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Jus taken from conor cassidy facebook page

"immortal 4 will return st pats all strabane 16th april
    first fight confrimed
    yannick magee elite v joe clarke pccb pro a"

does anyone have any more info on any more fights?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭mmmm...not sure

I know this is just probaly a rumour but I heard through the grapevine that Ali and Norman will have a rematch on this card, if anyone can shed any light on this it would be greatly appreciated as I wuld love to see this rematch but have a feeling I'm gona be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Yeah the first fight was very one sided in my opinion I think Ali wasn't ready for Norman back then but let's be fair Ali has came along way since then and I think it would be a cracker of a fight now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Mrs Lynch

I think only purpose/ justification for this fight is that Ali won that tournie in Cage Wars recently!!!

Imo there are very little opponents (apart from the obvious previously discussed) for Norman left in Ireland;)

Urs
    x

Ursula you always seem to be the woman in the know so you have any info about this event for someone who has left the fine island of Ireland like myself that relies on boards to choose which events to attend lol

• Advertisement

Ursula you always seem to be the woman in the know so you have any info about this event for someone who has left the fine island of Ireland like myself that relies on boards to choose which events to attend lol

Hehe...... your well aware I dont know wot goes on in lil Sbane;)

Urs
    x

Hehe...... your well aware I dont know wot goes on in lil Sbane

You hve let me down there ursula for I heard that for the inside scoop on al things Irish mma you were the one to talk to lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 AliMaclean

I've not heard about a rematch. Norman won the first fight convincingly and has no need to rematch me as far his career goes, obviously i'd love to have a chance to correct a loss but career wise I don't see the point in the fight either, you live and learn. Immortal is a great event.

Ali

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Classy words Ali.

Classy words Ali.

+1

This is always a good night fir both fights and atmosphere so let's jus hope SFT again pulls out all the stops.

• Advertisement

AliMaclean wrote: »
    I've not heard about a rematch. Norman won the first fight convincingly and has no need to rematch me as far his career goes, obviously i'd love to have a chance to correct a loss but career wise I don't see the point in the fight either, you live and learn. Immortal is a great event.

Ali

Yes very "sportsmanly" put;) Nice guy Ali x

BTW can I ask Ali how much weight had you to lose? Last time I seen you I actually didnt recognise you (I dont mean that insulting). And how long did it take you???

Urs
    x

p.s. as you all know it takes us women months to shed even lookin at chocolates I put the pounds on :( lolol

Just seen on the events calendar that this event is been held in letterkenny has this event been moved?

Yeah shows meant to hav been moved to Donegal....... given size of show last-time and popularity I think its great idea as St Pats woz packed ;)

Urs
    x

I think this is a stupid idea like it's a strabane show should be held in strabane and as any home show main supporters are home supporters watching their family or friends and now it's going to be harder and more expensive for them to do this.

I'm all for the growth of immortal but if it's an immortal show it should be held in strabane and if conor cassidy wants to run a bigger show should do it under a new promotion.

I think this is a stupid idea like it's a strabane show should be held in strabane and as any home show main supporters are home supporters watching their family or friends and now it's going to be harder and more expensive for them to do this.

I'm all for the growth of immortal but if it's an immortal show it should be held in strabane and if conor cassidy wants to run a bigger show should do it under a new promotion.

I think Im gonna beg to differ on tis one...... lik Donegal is minutes away from Sbane isnt it????

Last show there woz good range of fighters from all over the country not juz Sbane boys which is required to make it a good show and quality for the payin fans :) x

Its not call Sbane show its called Immortal so no reason it cant expand imo.

Urs
    x

It's about 30mins away it's not the distance letterkenny is very expensive, the price of drink etc and the exchange rate to euros isn't great either which doesn't help.

The main crowd is from strabane you can't argue with that and likes of young supporters that come to watch the likes of James gallagher, davin corrigan people they know from school etc are not goin to get to watch them now at local show

One thing is very evident from Sbane supporters they travel the length and breath of the country! I dont see them not goin to Lkenny (if thats wer it is definately gona be) to show their support.

If it comes to cost issue then Immortal is the only show I know of that has discounted tier on tickets.

Urs
    x

Mrs Lynch wrote: »
    One thing is very evident from Sbane supporters they travel the length and breath of the country! I dont see them not goin to Lkenny (if thats wer it is definately gona be) to show their support.

If it comes to cost issue then Immortal is the only show I know of that has discounted tier on tickets.

Urs
    x

At the last show which I thought was a good touch was the way conor set aside the stage in st pats hall for young fans which gave them a good view of al fights and if it's moved to letterkenny they many of them won't be able to go

I'm not speakin about ticket cost either I'm talking about the cost of a night out in letterkenny drink etc

Firstly I know nothing about the show am only sayin from neutral view here and givin my opinion;)

Im sure thev looked into all aspects of this move and as regards to cost I thought u wer on about kids goin to show wen u said bout James and Davins mates :) x

If its good enuf card ppl wil go regardless of drinkin out aspect.... but they can juz book in over the boarder Sbane or Derry if they wanted to go out after ;)

Urs
    x

Let's not argue about this Mrs L, I'm just hoping that it stays in strabane or we wil have no local/home show

• Advertisement

Let's not argue about this Mrs L, I'm just hoping that it stays in strabane or we wil have no local/home show

No bother ;)

Im thinkin there wil b good show in Sbane at some stage this year and hope you enjoy it :) x You can let me know how it goes;)

Urs
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭troygracie

just to clear up a few things the next immortal night will be held in
    radission hotel letterkenny
    co.donegal
    april 16th

and just to let ppl know a will be posting a date for another show in st pats hall soon . and as we are a promotion i dont see the problem in travelling to different venues as i work with clubs like fighting fit donegal town and rillion gracie letterkenny this is a good chance for these clubs to get there guys on a local show .as mma not sure should know that this is my 2nd time to have a show in donegal and true mma fans will be more interested in the quality of the fights and not the price of drink.this is my biggest show to date and with so many shows now happening promotions must up there game to better venues with higher quality of fights . fight card will be posted next few days as i have few more fights to confirm .

conor cassidy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 domz mc c

troygracie wrote: »
    just to clear up a few things the next immortal night will be held in
    radission hotel letterkenny
    co.donegal
    april 16th

and just to let ppl know a will be posting a date for another show in st pats hall soon . and as we are a promotion i dont see the problem in travelling to different venues as i work with clubs like fighting fit donegal town and rillion gracie letterkenny this is a good chance for these clubs to get there guys on a local show .as mma not sure should know that this is my 2nd time to have a show in donegal and true mma fans will be more interested in the quality of the fights and not the price of drink.this is my biggest show to date and with so many shows now happening promotions must up there game to better venues with higher quality of fights . fight card will be posted next few days as i have few more fights to confirm .

conor cassidy
    the show in donegal town was quiet, not much athmosphere, hope letter kenny is better, strabane is awsome, da athmosphere is excellent, alot a young ones, (around 100) prob wont make it to letter kenny, as they all walk to da strabane show to support da locals,,, young ones aint got da money to go to letter kenny,, hope its a good move tho,,,

Advertisement