Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yoga clases during christmas and new year break

Options
  • 18-12-2010 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    My regular yoga class will not be on for a few weeks over xmas.I would like to use this time to try other classes and learn from other teachers just to get a different experience. I am in limerick but will go anywhere to try something new. I have looked at workshops and most are all on in Dublin and retreats in the Burren or Clare Island are ridiculously expensive. Does anyone know of anyone running a class here and there over the holidays that they could recommend.

Thanks alot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I'm sorry: I only know of workshops in Dublin :o

Any Mid-Western yogis have recommendations? If you have the basics of yoga, you could always try a dvd and practice at home? Dim the lights, light a few candles and put on some soothing music? It's not the same as a studio experience, I know, but it's something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭ivy tilsley

I can't suggest any, but if it helps, I have been on a Clare Island yoga weekend and I can vouch that it's really good. The food was wonderful and the classes were great. It is a lot of money though, especially at this time of year.

On the other hand, Yoga Journal online are doing a 21-day yoga challenge. You sign up and from January 10 they email you updates with suggested practice routines (from 15 to 45 minutes), meditation, pranayama and recipes. I'm going to try it out since it's free. Here's the link:
    http://21daychallenge.yogajournal.com/

My classes are also on hiatus for the xmas, so I'm planning to focus my home practice on tidying up my basics.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

Hi Guys
    Thanks a million for your responses. I signed up to the yoga journal challenge so looking forward to that. Am very bad in that I am totally undisciplined when it comes to practising on my own. Class on in galway next week so gona go to that. Love trying new classes. I learn something new from every teacher. Thanks again for the suggestions. It nice to hear from fellow yoga ladies :p

Advertisement