Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phpmyadmin CSV import error driving me nuts..

Options
  • 18-12-2010 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭

I'm trying to import a list of local directory structures through phpmyadmin(I've been told by mysql on IRC to use the workbench, but iis refuses to run FTP/SSH for some reason so I'm sticking with phpmyadmin)

the CSV looks like this: "name";"description";"time";"\root\1\2\sample.jpg"

phpmyadmin breaks it by removing the backslash ie: root12sample.jpg because it thinks the "\" is an escape charecter...

anyone any ideas on how to get phpmyadmin to ignore it, I've tried setting "Fields escaped by" but no luck.

???:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭CSU

:D never mind :rolleyes:

I see it now :rolleyes:

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭conorcan2

It might be handy to other people if you could give your solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭CSU

absolutely right, my apology's.

(as far as I understand) Upon import phpmyadmin uses the backslash "\" as an escape character, so as soon as it read the "\" in the line it thought it was a command to insert into next line messing up the import.

It's the first time I've seen probs with this and usually linking to local directories is not a problem in code...

So instead of linking to local directories ie: \root\1\2\ simply have it link to the webserver directory ie: /www/root/1/2

Advertisement