Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Waterford

• 18-12-2010 12:33am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Whats happened to the Nokia Repair Center in Waterford? Its been closed a couple of months now, just a note on the door apologizing.

It was easier then sending phones away for repair and he was a decent bloke for advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Mark(who ran it) left Hewdens. I think he is going out on his own though but I'm not even sure is it in Waterford.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

ziedth wrote: »
    Mark(who ran it) left Hewdens. I think he is going out on his own though but I'm not even sure is it in Waterford.

He mentioned that ages ago - in Waterford it was to open. Shame if its gone :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Thats a shame...Mark was a nice guy and a pleasure to deal with:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

have the gsm center taken over the warranty for nokias???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Sully wrote: »
    Whats happened to the Nokia Repair Center in Waterford? Its been closed a couple of months now, just a note on the door apologizing.

It was easier then sending phones away for repair and he was a decent bloke for advice.
    Ah feck! I was planning on buying a sim free Nokia off him this week. The last day I was in there (about 3 months ago) getting a phone repaired, he was telling me he had a few Nokias for sale. They were working out about €100 or so cheaper than the same sim free off the net.

Bye bye Nokia E75!

• Advertisement

have the gsm center taken over the warranty for nokias???

No I very much doubt it. From my short time there I gathered that getting a licence to be the official Nokia rep was a big big deal so I doubt they could just get it pretty much straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Nokia.Repair

Hi Guys,
    Just joined here to give you a heads up on the Nokia Care Point. As you know by now The Care Point @ Hewdens has ceased to operate. I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused any of you but it was necessary in order to come in line with new Nokia strategies. My own new Care Point will be opening in the next couple of weeks that will service the entire South East of the country. It will be based @ 112 The Quay, Waterford. I hope to see you there and thank you for all your support while I was @ Hewdens. For anyone wishing to contact me, you can reach me on NCP Waterford on Facebook. I look forward to seeing you soon.

B.R
    Mark

Hi Guys,
    Just joined here to give you a heads up on the Nokia Care Point. As you know by now The Care Point @ Hewdens has ceased to operate. I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused any of you but it was necessary in order to come in line with new Nokia strategies. My own new Care Point will be opening in the next couple of weeks that will service the entire South East of the country. It will be based @ 112 The Quay, Waterford. I hope to see you there and thank you for all your support while I was @ Hewdens. For anyone wishing to contact me, you can reach me on NCP Waterford on Facebook. I look forward to seeing you soon.

B.R
    Mark

Best of luck with it Mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

I noticed that this place was gone a few weeks ago, but I got my phone repaired in the GSM center, it is upstairs opposite footlocker, the price was reasonable and I also ended up buying a SIM free nokia smartphone in there for a reasonable price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

fair play mark hope it goes well for ya.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Kangabee

@ Calvin - not sure if you are aware but GSM is not an accredited Nokia repair centre and if your phone was fixed there it will no longer be under Nokia warranty :-( My recommendation is to contact Mark in Waterford and get your repairs done through his centre which I believe is Nokia accredited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Kangabee wrote: »
    @ Calvin - not sure if you are aware but GSM is not an accredited Nokia repair centre and if your phone was fixed there it will no longer be under Nokia warranty :-( My recommendation is to contact Mark in Waterford and get your repairs done through his centre which I believe is Nokia accredited.

I understand what you are saying and I went to his shop but it was closed down, so I couldn't hang around till his new one was open. It was an urgent matter that the phone was fixed so I kind of had to go up to them and the guarantee on the phone was up a long time ago anyway

^ this is indeed correct. Personally unless my phone was worth less the €40 (I have an iPhone now so it doesn't really matter) I wouldn't mess with the warranty and go through Nokia/Mark.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I understand what you are saying and I went to his shop but it was closed down, so I couldn't hang around till his new one was open. It was an urgent matter that the phone was fixed so I kind of had to go up to them and the guarantee on the phone was up a long time ago anyway

Your okay if guarntee is up, but the poster was saying if it wasn't.

If the repair center is closed you can send it away through your mobile operator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Anfionn77

hi guys just wondering would they do replacement screens for i phones?? and how much?? i know the guy that owns-runs it normally posts here...? i phone 3gs i think...

^ No I'm afraid definately not they'd only do Nokia stuff. Although if you google it there are like people who do this kind of thing and can be allot cheaper then say going through Vodafone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

They are opening on the Quay. Just behind S-Security

They are opening on the Quay. Just behind S-Security

Already open. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Sully wrote: »
    Already open. :)
    They are OPEN on the Quay. Just behind S-Security

Thats what I said :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭2Bv¬2B

Is this the Nokia center that was on the hill on Patrick St? If so, I found that gentleman to be anything but helpful and arrogant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

2Bv¬2B wrote: »
    Is this the Nokia center that was on the hill on Patrick St? If so, I found that gentleman to be anything but helpful and arrogant.
    He can be like that in fairness. I damaged a phone because I had it in my bike jacket and he was giving out saying I shouldn't have it in my pocket if I'm on the bike but sure where else was I gonna keep it. He does know what he's on about though in fairness

Ya Mark. same guy, he's a character alright but you honestly won't meet someone who knows more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭2Bv¬2B

Ya Mark. same guy, he's a character alright but you honestly won't meet someone who knows more.

I have no doubt he knows his stuff, but I found his attitude to be very off putting, I used to be very loyal to Nokia phones and there is a great Nokia community online in terms of forums and other kinds of help. But physical damage like water damage etc you are better off going to someone like Mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭muirsheen

I'd buy a new phone rather than go to him and get it repaired. His manner is appauling. He is just plain rude and won't be getting my hard earned money :D

Ya I'm not gonna argue with ya. Older members of the fourm may remember but I used to work for the company that owned the old Nokia shop on steven street. What I used to love say was when a customer of his was in telling lies by say doing something that voided the warranty and Mark would call him on it in a no nonsense piss off kind of way.

I have worked in retail for a decade( I hope to be setting up my own place this year) and I can't say how many times I have wanted to be rude to a customer that was obviously wrong or a twat (not suggesting you were lads).

Of course such an attitude leaves to situations mentioned above so can't say I'd agree with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Gissa job will ya :pac:

What ya setting up?

Competition for Mark? :P

I could tell someone if it was water damaged but be very friendly doing it. They'd come from miles around to see me :)

Na, early early days yet but don't worry I'll shill away in no time.......

Advertisement