Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right, im gonna do this finally!

Options
  • 18-12-2010 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭

I've always wanted to tackle a reading log because im terrible for flying through 3 or 4 books and then just stopping for months at a time, so im finally going to do this more formally with the help of the boardsies and continually read throughout 2011 and see how many i can get through.

I wont have any particular system for picking them although i was shocked at how few of the top 100 ive read so i might use that as the backbone and work from there.

Fingers crossed i keep this up now...

First up:

Study in Scarlet
    Carry On, Jeeves
    Sourcery

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Two finished:

Study in Scarlet (The First Sherlock Holmes story) - Excellent book that was both massively entertaining and surprising in equal measure as there were none of the cliche Holmes ideas i had gone in expecting, he was, and is, a far better character then popular culture portrays him.

The Lost City of Z - This non-fiction book contains two parallel stories, the first is the exploits of Colonel Percy Harrison Fawcett leading up to his mysterious Amazonian disappearance. The second is the authors equally enthralling attempts to track down information on what may have happened. Non-fiction is a genre i generally avoid for no particular reason but this book was a fantastic read, well researched, well written and despite its back and forth style never falters or stagnates.

Must now continue to attack this stack of books waiting to be read.

Advertisement