Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to pay outstanding bill in U.S.?

Options
  • 18-12-2010 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Not sure if this is the correct forum. Mods please feel free to move.

I was on holidays in the US recently and took a tour of the wine country in Napa Valley. At the end of the tour, the driver took payment using one of the old fashioned sliding credit card machines: the ones with the carbon paper slips. I used my Visa Debit card.

I got an email from the tour company a couple of weeks ago saying the payment had been refused by Visa. Contacted my bank and it turns out that those type of machines are only acceptable for credit rather than debit cards. The tour company now wants me to send on details of an alternative credit card. I'm not happy to just email or phone in my credit card details. Can anyone recommend a suitable (safe and cheap) method to pay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

How about suggesting a wire transfer to their bank account, or perhaps using Western Union?

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions for more suggestions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Phoning them with your credit card details is probably best, and safer than actually handing someone your credit card to swipe in a shop.

Advertisement