Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

my picture was in the Irishtimes today

• 18-12-2010 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

5270032868_324088a4f7_z.jpg

A photo-shoot with journalist, Brian O'Connell.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

conair01 wrote: »
    photostream

A photo-shoot with journalist, Brian O'Connell.

But this in the image tags to make it work!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5008/5270032868_324088a4f7_z.jpg

Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭conair01

cheers!

i put the url inbetween .. but it didnt seem to work

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

well done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

this might work 5270032868_324088a4f7_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭conair01

thanks paddy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Had a shoot I took of the christmas crib in the window of my mother's shop in The Irish Times Magazine yesterday. It was used just because it was the crib rather than it being a good shot, but nice all the same! (unpaid and uncredited >< )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Just out of curiosity, if it was in the Irish Times why wasn't it paid for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

And how did it get there? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Jim wrote: »
    Had a shoot I took of the christmas crib in the window of my mother's shop in The Irish Times Magazine yesterday. It was used just because it was the crib rather than it being a good shot, but nice all the same! (unpaid and uncredited >< )

if they printed it and you are 100% it was your image .... send them an invoice and in about 6-8weeks you should get paid.

(unless of course you allowed them to use it for free)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Ah, I gave them permission alright. My mam asked could they use the image in a small piece about the shop. I was worried that if I said no they'd pull the piece altogether. I'd rather my mam's shop gets publicity rather than me kicking up a fuss and not getting anything. Was v annoyed that they didn't even credit me though.

The reason they gave my mam was because I wasn't a "professional". Found that a bit strange.

• Advertisement
Advertisement